Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nelsons Barrel

Stay afloat until you repair

I had two fleet battles yesterday to test out the new patch. What comes in my mind is that with the recent leakage system ships can stay afloat for the whole period of a repair circle without any structure or broadside left as long as they drop down their sails down to 0% (so only 50% of waterintake). I doubt that change was intended by @admin . To sink those ships you have to stay at them and kill all crew but that is hardly possible in fleet battles.

This reminds me of a strategy players used two years ago when we had mega-pump-mods that were able to keep you afloat for over 20 min in ships like essex and trincomalee without any broadside (back then we had no inner structure). It was solved by nerfing all pumps to values we have right now.

So my question would be: Could we please go back to the leaksystem we had before?

• Like 1

i dont think so but;

just to get a good feeling 

I noticed if a huge difference between 0% structure and 10% structure.

Before if a ship had anything less than 20% structure they were going to sink, may take a little while but you would not be able to wait for a repair timer. Now you are able to basically keep any leaking "stable" with structure above 9/10%. I was sinking so slowly that I would be able to get a repair off and live but i let the ai shoot at me to continue seeing where the break point is. 

If i had pump mods in the ship, probably would not be able to sink haha.