Game-Labs Forum

DLC Pood Edinorog

Now, there are DLC's in this game, which fine for game development Economy. I would suggest to add the possibility to DLC purchase some Pood Edinorogs a day

Not a great daily quantity, something like 6 per day, to spawn again the day after only if redeemed.

Pood Edinorogs are so fun for carronade lovers! 😍

With capability for players who can't or don't want to use DLC to get them elseway...

47 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

And I want Instant-win-DLC, too! No for real, this everything-a-DLC politics must stop before it spreads too much.

Poodies should require one rescource to craft like cartagena refit carta-tar and it would be fine.

I kinda have to agree, there are many other items that could be added as dlc, some have already been mentioned many times:

Like:

- Ship flags (dlc that enables you to choose between alternate flags for your ship, usable x numbers of times)

Ship name (dlc that allow you to name up to 10 ships for example)

- Ship paints (dlc that allow you to paint 10 paints for example)

- Bait (dlc that gives you +20% chance catching fish/bottles etc for 2 hours, usable 10 times)

- Smuggler (dlc that allows you to enter a stealthy mode enabling you to enter enemy ports even if you are not in a trade ship, (last for 2 hours, usable 5 times)

List goes on just a little imagination...

Things like this that once all used you need to buy again... will not really affect gameplay in terms of "Pay to Win", and also will generate some funding.

This ship dlc only 1 time funding for the game, sometimes need to to think abit longer term.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

- Smuggler (dlc that allows you to enter a stealthy mode enabling you to enter enemy ports even if you are not in a trade ship, (last for 2 hours, usable 5 times)

omg...this is not Star Trek...a Trader Brig is not a romulan Warbird.

• Like 3

Just now, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

omg...this is not Star Trek...a Trader Brig is not a romulan Warbird.

Just making some examples of first things that popped out of my head, .. no need to analyse it too much. Just understand the point i am making.

1 hour ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

And I want Instant-win-DLC, too! No for real, this everything-a-DLC politics must stop before it spreads too much.

Poodies should require one rescource to craft like cartagena refit carta-tar and it would be fine.

It's like stopping a burning fire without water. 

I see the appeal for dlc poods but i would ask kindly for a big no. If a cannon is straight up better than it's counter part....well you'd never use the counter part would ya.

I already feel like I ought to apologise for a rather long post, so here we go... I am sorry! :D

2 hours ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

Now, there are DLC's in this game, which fine for game development Economy. I would suggest to add the possibility to DLC purchase some Pood Edinorogs a day

Not a great daily quantity, something like 6 per day, to spawn again the day after only if redeemed.

With capability for players who can't or don't want to use DLC to get them elseway...

Ideas like this one pops-up all the time on pretty much every game forum, I can understand why.. If you want something implemented it gives the developers of your favorite product an incentive to  create and release your idea if you are willing to pay extra for it. There are some things that, in my opinion, should never become a DLC.

The Edinorogs are a great example of an in-game feature that gives players an unfair advantage over others - I myself have a huge stack of them in my warehouse because I remember buying them when they did 80 dmg (?) and had a reload-rate of 100 secs. I used them a lot in the past but realised that they simply aren't fun to use in PvP - the edge that you get over your opponent makes PvP near pointless.

You can litterally go side-by-side with you opponent and it's a guranteed win.

1 hour ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

- Ship flags (dlc that enables you to choose between alternate flags for your ship, usable x numbers of times)

Ship name (dlc that allow you to name up to 10 ships for example)

- Ship paints (dlc that allow you to paint 10 paints for example)

- Bait (dlc that gives you +20% chance catching fish/bottles etc for 2 hours, usable 10 times)

Your idea regarding flags, names and paints is a solid one in my opinion - I can also appreciate the devs decision for the dock expansion DLC, however Bait and Smuggler seems a bit questionable to me.

53 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Can we just stop the DLC-train? Soon NA will have more DLCs than EU4 and CK2. Gamelabs is not Paradox.

Definately agree with you, however.

I think it is important to differentiate between games such as NA and the DLCs requested here and games like CKII. Without the DLC concept CK2 would have been dead long ago - The DLCs have enabled Paradox to further develop their games in the direction their fanbase wanted to see it go. Yes... They missed the mark with Sunset Invasion and possible 1-2 more, but overall their DLCs have always improved gameplay and is by no means requierd to play the base game.

Their DLCs have also never given any players an edge over others in multiplayer, since you automatically have all the DLCs of you co-player enabled as soon as you start a game (great concept!). 

The DLCs coming out of Paradox has substance to them, they have taken hours of dedicated work, much like our NA DLC ships - but an Edinorog DLC isn't going to require any work from the devs what-so-ever, It would be  a pure pay-to-win DLC crafted in a matter of hours.

3 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

Let's hope so

Again, those DLCs aren't forced DLCs and are releasing years after the product was finished.

35 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Those DLC-s are cancer.

In short; Yes.

Another thing that I feel that we should probably ask ourselves as well... is it even fair to release "Extra Downloadable Content" for a game that is still in development?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

@Percival Merewether Not once Paradox removed core game mechanics from actual game and packed them into paid DLCs... and often game without major DLCs is unplayable.

I do not recall Paradox removing content from already released games, I also do not remember a game being unplayable without their DLCs. With that said, once you've played with DLCs you will of course miss the extra features :)

To not stray too far off topic: Let's us all hope that GameLabs does not take the route you are describing - like I said, I understand your concern, but I feel there is a difference between their predominantly single player focused games VS Gamelabs Naval MMO game. We're not disagreeing on how bad an Edinorog DLC would be, I'm certain we're on the same page there :) 

Edited by Percival Merewether

Hell NO for poods. Why not just add in premium cannon balls too? The Requin and the Hercules are basically p2w for their class as it is, but actually adding superior weapons is going to divide the players with money that can afford poods from those who can't.

4 hours ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

NO. It's a bad idea on so many levels I don't even want to write about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flinch said:

Hell NO for poods. Why not just add in premium cannon balls too? The Requin and the Hercules are basically p2w for their class as it is, but actually adding superior weapons is going to divide the players with money that can afford poods from those who can't.

+1 poods should be given their limited historical role anyway - special cannon class for QD+FC only maybe. Smaller ships like the Herc should not be running around with these things on the gundeck, actually no ship should have a gun deck full of poods. 

• Like 2

I would love to see Poods and other guns brought into game and used on those ships.  Pavel had Poods on it, though it was only a few guns per deck.  This would give them a reason to force the L'Ocean to only use 36 lbrs (along with the Bucc and Santi).  While keeping the 42's on the Vict (and maybe give it the 68's it had).   Than have it where we can craft Bronze cannons or other special cannosn that can only be used on certain ships.   All ships will still have option to use normal cannons, but those speciall cannons are restircted to certain ships.

That are just make it part of a prize 

20 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

hqdefault.jpg

No. This is not a multi-billion dollar game company but a small group of dedicated people. I do not expect them to work for free, neither should you.

Poods would be a great rare item for crafting.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

1 hour ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Poods would be a great rare item for crafting.

The issue is that Poods are OP. I have 600 of them left and I don't use them for ideological reasons. They're simply too powerful when used well.

For balance-affecting changes, game should always give you a way of either buying things, or getting them through in-game means. With poods being available through in-game means they would become OP one more time, limiting amount of tactics used in game, rather than increasing them.

I agree with you that developers should have some stream of revenue if we want them to keep improving the game.

Well, think there is one thing we all accept, They need some funding to keep the game alive. They can’t alone with the sell of new games. So how to do it.

- We pay a mostly amount. Honnestly think that wouldn’t work. 

I bought the Herc for both my son and my self. He had lost the interest in the game. Boring Capitol fights, drow him away. He now just redeem the ship and go out and fight. And because there is no safezone, in the shallow, well He is back.

I once asked for a Dlc cannons. The respond, well no need to talk about it. So insted i spend my time getting cannons to shroud for all clan members. So they just need to redeem there ship and go out fighting.

My point this made easy content for a lot of players. So the numbers go up. Think thats a good thing. 

For the record if I should by an Dlc it have to give me value. A clan flag ore some paint, is not worth it for me.

With Dlc ships you ofc get some kind of p2w. Thats why I think what you can buy should also be able to get in game.

But if players have a better idea than Dlc to keep the game running, think devs will lissen.

Edited by staun

On 6/23/2018 at 12:24 PM, Eleazar de Damas said:

I would suggest to add the possibility to DLC purchase some Pood Edinorogs a day

No. That is a real "pay to win", and i am certain, despite all issues and problems, nobody wants THIS SHIT in NA.

Thanks for reading.

2 minutes ago, staun said:

But if players have a better idea than Dlc to keep the game running, think devs will lissen.

We keep telling the Devs. ship Paints. Sail Paints. both can be purchasable DLCs at a low cost. $1-$5 each for like a set of 10 paints or a paint "pack" or whatever. Make it so players can sell these paints if they wish to other players. Create a literally stream of income for folks who have real cash to throw into the game, and players in game with GOBS of gold but not a lot of real cash to spend.

It's a literally gold mine for this game.

I understand the thought to have a cannon DLC, but I fear it just continues to make the track towards "why have an OW, lets just have a Battle Arena game." An MMO with an Open World has a market, has a crafting system. Should we just turn NA into a Battle Arena? That would make it easier to just get on and go out fighting which seems to be what some people want. Naval Action Legends is that game, the Admin just decided to close that server down with the intention of bringing it back at a later date.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

We keep telling the Devs. ship Paints. Sail Paints. both can be purchasable DLCs at a low cost. $1-$5 each for like a set of 10 paints or a paint "pack" or whatever. Make it so players can sell these paints if they wish to other players. Create a literally stream of income for folks who have real cash to throw into the game, and players in game with GOBS of gold but not a lot of real cash to spend.

It's a literally gold mine for this game.

I understand the thought to have a cannon DLC, but I fear it just continues to make the track towards "why have an OW, lets just have a Battle Arena game." An MMO with an Open World has a market, has a crafting system. Should we just turn NA into a Battle Arena? That would make it easier to just get on and go out fighting which seems to be what some people want. Naval Action Legends is that game, the Admin just decided to close that server down with the intention of bringing it back at a later date.

Not sure that paint will be such a gold mine. Why spend money on it. You have to keep buying it. Think only s few actually are ready to do it. But again a few that will is also money. The only Dlc I bought this time was the Herc. The admiralty ore the forger saw little value in it for my gameplay, But I do accept that it has for some one.

Not sure that the Dlc ship make ppl only do instant PvP. Do actually think it will get them hooked for more. Today I spend 3 hours saling with 2 indiamans, to bring repairs to a port. Lets be honnest, not the most fun I had. 

But everything is about balance. Don’t personally think the we passed it with the Dlc ships, neither if we got Dlc cannons for the Dlc ships. But it is up to every one to make there own opinion on the issue.

I do actually like the OW. But I do understand why ppl dont. But does the one thing have to eliminate the other. It is realy impossible to combine both.

Edited by staun

The xebec is hilariously Op too. Its a shallow ship that can be broken with an elite pirate rig that makes it go 15.5 knots almost every point of sail except down wind. It has lots of firepower, its impossible to catch and hard to hit. It can crew up to beat any 5th rate in a rage board too. The prince is now worthless.

The herc looks pretty great too.