Game-Labs Forum

How is this possible?

Wind

5 minutes ago, Wind said:

but this shouldn't happen

Yes. Players should read... properly. Somehow I feel it is a problem beyond NA, have seen that same similar comment in other games.

Tutorial explains how to shoot with the exact controls usage.

I am certain he wanted to shoot in the OW.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Yepp. Sounds probable... Didn't think to ask for help, either I'd guess. Some people just need someone to hold their hand permantly. Not the game for those people....

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Yes. Players should read... properly. Somehow I feel it is a problem beyond NA, have seen that same similar comment in other games.

Tutorial explains how to shoot with the exact controls usage.

But that may be the problem, there is no mention in the tutorial that there is a difference between OW and instances.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

But that may be the problem, there is no mention in the tutorial that there is a difference between OW and instances.

Tutorial, so far in this first iteration, is about combat. I am certain as development progresses we will see tutorial for the other parts of the game.

This is a unreleased game with parts still under development. Maybe all of you should actually answer him and explain certain things. But easier to forget the obvious ?

C'mon guys, you are not around for a couple days. And I am certain this is not your first Early Access game as well.

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Tutorial, so far in this first iteration, is about combat. I am certain as development progresses we will see tutorial for the other parts of the game.

This is a unreleased game with parts still under development. Maybe all of you should actually answer him and explain certain things. But easier to forget the obvious ?

C'mon guys, you are not around for a couple days. And I am certain this is not your first Early Access game as well.

The thing is the guy never asked a question, he just went to post a bad review on steam. I have seen the same question asked by a person in nation chat and they got plenty of help. Most of the community are very helpful even to the extent of gifting ships to new players and giving them gold.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wind said:

New player can't figure out how to fire guns. This is sad....what is the problem here?

u9ehWLK.jpg

it will get better dont worry. there will be a welcome to the caribbean operation (like in CS) which will help to guide players, on what to do step by step (including getting to a mission).

in this particular case he probably have not understood that you cant fire in the OW and did not know battles are instanced.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, admin said:

in this particular case he probably have not understood that you cant fire in the OW and did not know battles are instanced.

Cases like this make me really sad... he probably did not even ask for help in chat first. Some people are truely degenerated.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, admin said:

it will get better dont worry. there will be a welcome to the caribbean operation (like in CS) which will help to guide players, on what to do step by step (including getting to a mission).

Add a big red message to the first tutorial that says - Attention! This game is instanced and guns won't work on OS. or something... 

or

When account is created add warning message explaining simple details like this. Something you have when you are about to start a new book. This will happen again and again adding negative reviews. This should be addressed ASAP. 

Edited by Wind

46 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

How does STEAM allow a game analysis of someone who has only played it for 40 minutes? I think that's what it took me the first time I picked up a cutter, I guessed right to choose a mission and be sunk by the AI. 

Because you also can give bad reviews for games that don't even start on your computer. A big chunk of all reviews in Steam are about technical issues with the game and that should be that way.

To the overal topic: Yes, the tutorial does not describe with any word that we have two differend instances. One for just getting the fight and one where you actually fight. That should change.

Edited by Nelsons Barrel
  • Like 1

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to be to get excited about a computer game, figure out how to work steam, how to download the game, how to start it and then not be able to operate the guns.  Don't be too sure that you are 100% certain that he did not have an issue that no one else has ever encountered.  You guy are likely correct that he was trying to fire in OW, but unless you have the facts you can't be sure.  Someone who is certain, before determining the facts, lacks credibility.

I'm not a gamer and have a lot of difficulty with simple system tasks that seem easy and common sense to people who have grown up gaming.   I've asked for lots of help here at NA and am pleased at the usual friendly response.  The majority of the time NA players are outstanding, and I get lots of helpful guidance, even from enemy players.   But a few times I have been ignored, and on a rare occasion, or two, I received an insult instead of assistance.  It's not uncommon to get an answer that I don't understand.  I don't think it is too far fetched to image he may have asked for a solution and been unsuccessful, or he didn't know how to ask.

I realize that this community has fostered a culture that frowns upon posting negative reviews about Naval Action, but insulting someone who had a tough time doesn't make us look very friendly.  Definitely doesn't help promote the game.

When I read Wind's post I was wondering "How could a player not get his cannons to work?"  and "How could we help him".  It is discouraging if the public see's a common NA response of --- "you just can't fix stupid".

Edited by Macjimm
Punctuation
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Archaos said:

The thing is the guy never asked a question, he just went to post a bad review on steam. I have seen the same question asked by a person in nation chat and they got plenty of help. Most of the community are very helpful even to the extent of gifting ships to new players and giving them gold.

All great :) and nothing wrong with handouts but... Better take the newcomers as carbon steel plates and fuse them in the fire of combat. A pattern then starts to show.

High Rank in NA is not like level 60 in a MMO. There's no bonuses to damage done nor resistance to poisons or whatever MMOs do.

This is a very very very important thing to explain newcomers.