Game-Labs Forum

Entry circles in land used by PVP players

Despite this issue can be used for all players. That is used usually by PVP players to avoid critical situations where these players are in disadvantage from an enemy chaser fleet. Commonly the PVP players  are slipping away after an attack against alone ships when a chaser fleet is set up minutes later. The situation happens almost all teh time: alone attacker ship against several enemy chaser ships.

Yesterday the player: Captain Reverse (could be another) targetted a IA fleet close to the shore to get entry battle circle for enemy ships in land (due a bug in this mechanism), so  doing impossible to enter in battle for the chaser ships.

Some players declared this game mechanism like LEGAL (themselves) , but I would like a reply from devs about this issue. Otherwise fix this issue please,

Edited by Magallanes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Game doesnt recognize land masses, thats the issue. Thats why we have missions spawn in the other side of big islands, bottles in shallows...

Game does recognize landmasses and there are collision detection already in OW.

How this is implemented however is another issue, but I am sure that if given time the devs can translate this to calculating collision serverside as well and trough a simple recursive method can avoid entrycircles ending up on land it is just a question of prioritization and cost in time to implement, I don't find this a major issue but would like to have it addressed before official release.

44 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I can't be arsed to search old topics, use search function.

Ummmm....Unsuccessful searching about this topic...I´m more interested in DEVS REPLY than others "related" players.

Edited by Magallanes
  • Like 1

Sure, I know....Identified old issue dued a wrong game design and difficult to fix for game devs.

There are others bugs in this game that DEVS point out as ban warning if an exploit is used by players. Why not in this case ?

If you cannot fix the problem prevent us to exploiters