Game-Labs Forum

National peace treaty and alliances

Greetings,

i have a suggestion:

currently alliances among nations are determined by players but what if its random determined by game and its changed every month.One month GB and france are allies, but next month they are enemies.

this will couse cooperation between two nations

what do you think?

• Like 2

it could also be based on hostilities between the nations, like if your nation has a lot of beef with another the ai and pvp kills are counted up and once you hit a certain point you'll go to war. This would likely work better than having votes which revolved around making peace more than having wars. Instead of being allies you would just be neutral if you're not at war.

In conjunction open up attack on neutral shipping as an act of piracy which wouldn't net any marks, just gold. After again a certain amount of points are piled up you officially get an outlaw or pirate status for that nation and that will open you up to attack without penalty and the player who sinks you will get an XP and gold bonus for sinking you.

I think there's a lot you could do with this in the current direction the game is going being more locked down and economy being local. There will be more emphasis on frontiering and distributing wealth, and hopefully less on marks which have overpassed everything else as currency.

Edited by Slim McSauce

I think battles be they missions or port etc should only be enterable for two nations only.

Let the petty alliances cover screening where required only but I would prefer they could only tag ships belonging to the nations whos waters they are in. Of course free for all in OW outside of control.

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Clan alliances is now the way to go.

Give more power to an already clan based game.

Between nations? What happens when the big US clan allies the entire Spanish nation and starts working with the Spanish against the US? You should be loyal to your nation unless you want to be an outlaw and penalized for it.

Edited by Slim McSauce

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Between clans of different nations.

Admin called it foreign clan alliances.

Yes I understand that I mean if a clan from one nation decides that want to work with a clan from another nation, what stops them from doing it against their own nation? I ask because it wouldn't be the first time we've seen it.

It seems to me that in order to regulate such a feature, the counter to it would have to be added which is domestic clan disputes. In that case your and I's ideas aren't that different, and there's no reason open pvp in certain areas couldn't work congruent to having clan states of conflict.. but allies is the worse side of a diplomatic feature because its halting content.

Edited by Slim McSauce

15 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

but what if its random determined by game

Would it be a good thing if the game forces nations to co-operate, or to fight?  Kind of defeats the nature of MMO OW Sandbox, no?  Would pirates be considered a nation?: Would we be forced to help them?  Seems to me it would be difficult to; maintain a story line, or create meaningful international business agreements, if we are continually flipping our loyalties.

Then again, there is no real connect between combat and trade in the game.  We can just ignore alliances unless we are in a battle.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:55 AM, Lovec1990 said:

Greetings,

i have a suggestion:

currently alliances among nations are determined by players but what if its random determined by game and its changed every month.One month GB and france are allies, but next month they are enemies.

this will couse cooperation between two nations

what do you think?

Artificially created alliances are just a nuissance. They didn't work and won't work - we've tested this already. They just artificially limit options for PvP and RvR. Nations won't fight each other just because some algorithms tell them to. It's the same with stopping hostilities.