Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

i agree imported ships should be balanced against craftable ships, but rng for inbuilds and slots could be better

point is if premium ships are not "good" they cannot be sold at good prices.

I.e. if you want to charge 20 Euros for a single premium ship and you make it a "meh ship" you just will not sell them and then the very reason of the DLC will be frustrated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

3 new third rates won the last pool. Also Diana, a spanish frigate, should be on the works. Pandora, Christian VII. Hope we get more because it would be awesome.

Paints will come again. 

They prob should of just gave us the Diana for testing the DCL items since we all get it any way on the release.  That way folks that don't have the current ships can still get one DLC ship to play with.   Now I think of it every one gets one Herc free for pasting the test.  You just need to buy the DLC to get more of them.  I think the missions one needs to be a redeemable when rewarded to keep from trading the notes like many folks have done so they have multi version of it.  Hell I still got three alts to unlock it on and i plan to just trade the notes to the two main chars.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Experimental feature: Open world attack button now has a coold down (60 seconds).

• This was done to remove constant re-click to get better positioning 
  • You have to be careful how and when you attack. 

I really don't like the idea. What if:

1) Enemy or your ship leaves the tagging circle (out of range after attack click), do you still get the cooldown?

2) Better positioning is very important when ships come from different directions or attacker needs to turn to follow the attacked ship. Turn rate is very important during the tag and ships with better turn rate can really screw up tagging. For instance a snow with 6-7 or whatever turn rate is will easily turn around when attacked by a 5th rates with 3-4 turn rate. You cannot follow that fast turning while tagging.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pepepotamo said:

When will you realize that the possibility of changing the nation can not be considered as DLC? It's stupid. It is not so difficult to realize that it is one of the reasons that has caused that enough people do not return to join the game. 

YOu can change nations any time you want, just delete you char and make a new one and than do the Exam and you will get half your levels back. That is how you have to do it in most other games that don't have DLC you can buy to change faction or even simple stuff as sex/race of your char.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I really don't like the idea. What if:

1) Enemy or your ship leaves the tagging circle (out of range after attack click), do you still get the cooldown?

2) Better positioning is very important when ships come from different directions or attacker needs to turn to follow the attacked ship. Turn rate is very important during the tag and ships with better turn rate can really screw up tagging. For instance a snow with 6-7 or whatever turn rate is will easily turn around when attacked by a 5th rates with 3-4 turn rate. You cannot follow that fast turning while tagging.

they should reduce tagging circle + time. 8-5 secs

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

• Two imported ships will be added as DLC (time of appearance subject to Valve's approval)
    • Le Requin
    • Hercules
  •  

Two most OP shallow ships that can join PB ...........

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

they should reduce tagging circle + time. 8-5 secs

Lots of players already have problems with a small circle due to:

1) Lags, delays, desyncs

2) Speed of ships & turning (very easy to get out of circle fast during tag)

Making circle smaller will just make things worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Lots of players already have problems with a small circle due to:

1) Lags, delays, desyncs

2) Speed of ships & turning (very easy to get out of circle fast during tag)

Making circle smaller will just make things worse.

yeah your right. Smaller tag circle  would create problems. While tag time reduction could solve the problem you describe. But tag time reduction only would make counter tagging very strong.

Why trade at sea only possible within your own nation? Out of curiosity. 

What about trade in battles? Especially repairs & rum exchange with your team or trade with enemy in form of ransom + option to inspect cargo of enemy player if ship is stopped for example and player allows to inspect.

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

But tag time reduction only would make counter tagging very strong.

Although this would be a bit more realistic than magically teleport within fighting distance for OW. 

2 hours ago, Eyesore said:

We get storms and gales in game? 🙂  That's a nice tease 😉

(sorry, can't help myself)

What are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

PLEASE remove the ability of the herc to enter shallow battles (and the requin).  The ability of the herc already has imbalanced PBS and OW fights in the shallows enough.  

Please no pay to win port battles.  

Free ships will be adjusted. I would start a topic what ships and how they can be adjusted to match those 2. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

It is under consideration and if it happens it will happen only for lighter version of 3rd rates like Wasa. Standard 74s will only be crafteable. 

Don't forget to sell older ships like Mordaunt 4th rate. You already have few old ships, so continue this legacy. If you look in to the history, they still remained afloat. Make them  weaker(older) , trust me people will pay and I will pay. Forum is full of models.

You can call DLC packs - Collections. Collectors will be very happy to see an Old ship pack. Introduce a ship collection album and let people collect all with rewards on top. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wind said:

Free ships will be adjusted. I would start a topic what ships and how can be adjusted to match those 2. 

If hercules and requin are forbiden from port battles adjustments are not really needed

• Like 1

If people want to use the herc and xebec to ravage on the open water I’m cool with it. But pay 2 win ships in PBs is bullshit IMO.  It took months to get the wasa balanced correctly.  I’m not confident in them getting the other shallow ships balanced to compete with the herc.  In the meantime everyone will be using hercs and shallow PBS will be imbalanced as fuck.  We used to have 25 wasa battles, now it’ll be 25 hercs.  I hope the rest of you fully appreciate how slippery of a slope this is.

No premium p2w ships in port battles please.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 9

That's a warming welcome to my heart after a hard long morning of work.

Such a great list of changes - ow trade, roe changes, non consecutive attacks, dlc packs, UI... oh my oh my... 

To answer the premium no-go comments - what is a ship fully bumped with all the janky crazy nutz and boltz ? Premium ship all the same.

So before even removing any ships to access parts of the game I suggest to review them DLC ships AND ... and... drop the axe on many of the modules, perks and knowledges.

Please.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Ability to trade in the open world added to game. 
    • Trade is possible with your nation 
    • Trade is possible in the radius of attack
    • If one of the parties to a trade exits this radius trade will stop
    • Trade is only possible from hold of the ship

I kind of agree with @Banished Privateer here. Trading in OW should also be possible with other nations.

Imagine a fully loaded trader (maybe a new player) getting attacked with no way to escape because he is too slow. If the attacker could somehow hail the trader to demand a "surrender" and hand over of goods ( even just checking if he has something in his hold at all, players could prove that they are empty that way) the trader could keep his ship and only hands over his goods. The attacker can decide if he takes the most important goods to his hold and destroys the goods he can't take or let the trader keep them. A little quality of life feature for traders.

For the future this could also turn into a new feature for stopping ships in the open world to check for smugglers and contraband goods (new economy feature for a more sophisticated economy where certain goods can be declared as contraband and are forbidden to trade/ship out of port like) in national waters. maybe special patrol missions/coast guard permit etc...

This all would make more sense if stealing enemy trade goods has a bigger impact on enemy economy.

Of course something must change with the pvp marks (Gold Escudos) reward for traders too, otherwise the incentive to let the trader keep his ship is too low.

• Like 4

Question: do we really need "gold" and "combat marks" as two seperate currencies? It's a fake future and confusing in my opinion. These 2 can be merged and no one will notice difference. Instead of combat marks increase rewards in gold.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

If hercules and requin are forbiden from port battles adjustments are not really needed

but why restricting shallow water ships? Just balance them. We need variety.

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wind said:

but why restricting shallow water ships?

Because it will hard to balance.

For example, crew. Le Requin and Hercules have much more crew than a rattlesnake making them ships for rageboarding. 

Are we going to see rattles with 250 crew? I doubt it because it will mess things with ranks.

Let's analyze this image @admin please answer. 

1. Why not add ship name here as well? 

2. What are: Chest Rewards Perks icons mean?

3. New Constitution Stern color (Ship parts can be colored differently?)

o6DBH3y.jpg

Edited by Wind

10 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Because it will hard to balance.

For example, crew. Le Requin and Hercules have much more crew than a rattlesnake making them ships for rageboarding. 

Are we going to see rattles with 250 crew? I doubt it because it will mess things with ranks.

It took the better part of a year for the wasa to be balanced correctly and that was just 1 ship.  I have zero confidence that we'll somehow be able to manage 5-6 shallow water ships in any sort of time that doesn't let the herc/requin ruin shallow water battles for months.  Easier to just exclude the 2 premium ships from PBs entirely.  Hercs have already ruined shallow water PBs, the side with more of them automatically wins.  They have also already ruined the shallow water patrol zone.    

Or maybe the goal here is to not balance and let the OP p2w ships rule the waves so people will buy them.  Either way, I'm not a fan.  

Case and point - More hercs = win

1CE3AF9DABF775E86618473052D8C60106D7465C

Edited by Christendom

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

It took the better part of a year for the wasa to be balanced correctly and that was just 1 ship.  I have zero confidence that we'll somehow be able to manage 5-6 shallow water ships in any sort of time that doesn't let the herc/requin ruin shallow water battles for months.  Easier to just exclude the 2 premium ships from PBs entirely.  Hercs have already ruined shallow water PBs, the side with more of them automatically wins.  They have also already ruined the shallow water patrol zone.    

Or maybe the goal here is to not balance and let the OP p2w ships rule the waves so people will buy them.  Either way, I'm not a fan.  

Case and point - More hercs = win

1CE3AF9DABF775E86618473052D8C60106D7465C

How can they be replenished if they sink right now and after patch? 

What ships are close to Herc and la req?

Your image shows a weak team, mortar brig, brig, niagarra vs heavy rattlers and hercs. 

MY suggestion balance

Rattler HEavy vs Herc

Niagarra vs La requ

Edited by Wind