Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

we all die anyway fuck life

New players are on both sides and since I gain my fun more from bigger battles and teaching people and/or provide fun content then yes, more players mean fun and content for me

Also in small scale pvp im not nearly as good as other guys like @Havelock @PalachRT(wrong mention lol) @Palatinose @HachiRoku @Abram Svensson 

Don't compare me to trash like them! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rediii said:

can you explain to me how they get farmed? Safezone in my oppinion is pretty safe if you dont tag AI fleets

Safe zone is not safe for new players especially now with the Le Requin. 

If you are tagged by a Le Requin in the safe zone and you call reinforcements all you get is a Snow which the Le Requin can ignore while he continues to kill you. Even if other players join a boarding fitted Le Requin can take you down and still escape with little problems.

16 minutes ago, Archaos said:

If you are tagged by a Le Requin in the safe zone and you call reinforcements all you get is a Snow which the Le Requin can ignore while he continues to kill you. Even if other players join a boarding fitted Le Requin can take you down and still escape with little problems.

valid argument

#make safezones no pvp areas

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Archaos said:

People do not quit after loosing snows and small ships. It's the rear admirals in sols that cry like bitches. To them I say git gud. 

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

People do not quit after loosing snows and small ships. It's the rear admirals in sols that cry like bitches. To them I say git gud. 

They do, you just don't hear from them. They aren't so zealously invested into this game that they immediately see the ridiculousness of getting spawn killed by large groups of players who vastly out equip them.

Even E.V.E treats it's new players better. That's really saying something.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, rediii said:

valid argument

Tell me. Where is pvp? Player created safe zones was content people liked. Gb used to have dozens of players in patrol ts and now fuck all. Keep roe, remove ai and let players do the defending as it should be. You cannot have player driven content if the ai is doing the work players should be doing. As long as battles stay open it is enough. 

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

They do, you just don't hear from them. They aren't so zealously invested into this game that they immediately see the ridiculousness of getting spawn killed by large groups of players who vastly out equip them.

Even E.V.E treats it's new players better. That's really saying something.

I do man and unlike many others I give new players great new ships including mods. If more people helped players and worked together it would all solve itself. 

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I do man and unlike many others I give new players great new ships including mods. If more people helped players and worked together it would all solve itself. 

That's not really the issue solving itself imo. You're only further diluting the experience by giving away things to new players when the goal should be to earn. There's plenty of wealth to go around, enough for everyone to play the game with no economy for a while, but then there goes a lot of the game.

Edited by Slim McSauce

We desperately need to rebalance these smaller ships.  @admin several weeks ago you said the shallows ships would be rebalanced.  Many of us have just stopped sailing in the Shallows Patrol and also stopped scheduling shallows PB until this occurs. 

Currently the Xebec is far to OP and has become the ship of choice in shallows PB's.  The BR is way too low on the Le Requin, and ships like the Rattlesnake Heavy have become totally uncompetitive.  

Please hurry up with the rebalance.

Very related to this, the larger shallows PB BR limits are WAY too high.   Nassau is BR 2850 - why?  if means 25 ships can get in without even getting close to the BR limit.  We should have BR limits on ports that force attackers and defenders to select a mix of ships - not just pick all the most powerful ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's not really the issue solving itself imo

Its a game with player driven content. Protecting the capital zone is content! The devs have never tested keeping battles open without ai around safe zones. I believe it would make capital area protection more active again. Stop comparing this game to eve because the only thing they have in common is their both mmos. Nothing more. Eves solutions will not work in naval action. Battlefields conquest mode is also not na solution to port battles. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Its a game with player driven content. Protecting the capital zone is content! The devs have never tested keeping battles open without ai around safe zones. I believe it would make capital area protection more active again. Stop comparing this game to eve because the only thing they have in common is their both mmos. Nothing more. Eves solutions will not work in naval action. Battlefields conquest mode is also not na solution to port battles. 

Yeah I agree, I liked before the greenzone. I also like the ROE and I think a longer join timer ~10 minutes would be good universal ROE, and keep the 3 minute ROE for battles that start at night. That would be cool and make sense, unlike a safezone that doesn't do it's job protecting new players like it should.

14 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Tell me. Where is pvp? Player created safe zones was content people liked. Gb used to have dozens of players in patrol ts and now fuck all. Keep roe, remove ai and let players do the defending as it should be. You cannot have player driven content if the ai is doing the work players should be doing. As long as battles stay open it is enough. 

People loved defending noobs yet there were a shitload of negative reviews on steam against the ganks of noobs by vets

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

it's content but then give gankships a negative modifier or something atleast. I still now the trouble we had without safezones when fir fir ships were everywhere ganking people and you couldn't do shit against it.

24 minutes ago, rediii said:

valid argument

Pretty much they summed it up above, I agree there should be around the three easy nations a big safe zone bubble to let players that just want to level up ships, ranks and kill AI do so in safety of not being jumped by other players.   If folks want PvP they can go attack other PvP clans/ports.   I said this over and over when was the last time Cart, Estro's, Little Habrour, Nassua or any other major ports attacked.  I bet you get a little hostitlity on any of those ports you get tons of PvP.   

17 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Peopel should be able to level up (skills not just rank) in safety if they wish to.  Yes this should be a low reward and slow means to do so, but they should still have the option.  You want PvP than attack some clan/nation in open waters to get it.  POTBS we use to keep certain zones in constant hostility so we would have a red zone (PvP zones).   We couldn't farm the map or new zones cause the map was other wise PvE only and that game was very active until they went F2P route and did retarded things to it.  Those Red Zones where the only place you could PvP so you knew where to find others.  No guessing or wondering around the whole map looking or camping newbie capital zones.

O63V1ey.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

People loved defending noobs yet there were a shitload of negative reviews on steam against the ganks of noobs by vets

Hmm the noobs with 2000hrs? Fuck the negative reviews because the it written by trash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Hmm the noobs with 2000hrs? Fuck the negative reviews because the it written by trash. 

they were not written by ppl with 2000 hiours.

Don't fuck them bc I will never buy a game that is rated mostly negative. mixed I will look at very precice and good reviews is a instabuy if the pics and videos are interesting

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elric said:

We desperately need to rebalance these smaller ships.  @admin several weeks ago you said the shallows ships would be rebalanced.  Many of us have just stopped sailing in the Shallows Patrol and also stopped scheduling shallows PB until this occurs. 

Currently the Xebec is far to OP and has become the ship of choice in shallows PB's.  The BR is way too low on the Le Requin, and ships like the Rattlesnake Heavy have become totally uncompetitive.  

Please hurry up with the rebalance.

Very related to this, the larger shallows PB BR limits are WAY too high.   Nassau is BR 2850 - why?  if means 25 ships can get in without even getting close to the BR limit.  We should have BR limits on ports that force attackers and defenders to select a mix of ships - not just pick all the most powerful ships.

And many deep water port battles limits are way to low.  Limit to 5-7 players or 10 when you got 30-50 folks out side screening.  Many of the ports need BR bump up to let more players in. One of the biggest complaints I get with PB's, "Why are they always the ones to go, I did hostlitlity too."  While in Shallow you can get every one and than some. I honestly think Shall BR is fine other than adjusting the max one to sit's 25 ships of 80 BR and nothing else.

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Pretty much they summed it up above, I agree there should be around the three easy nations a big safe zone bubble to let players that just want to level up ships, ranks and kill AI do so in safety of not being jumped by other players.   If folks want PvP they can go attack other PvP clans/ports.   I said this over and over when was the last time Cart, Estro's, Little Habrour, Nassua or any other major ports attacked.  I bet you get a little hostitlity on any of those ports you get tons of PvP.   

Peopel should be able to level up (skills not just rank) in safety if they wish to.  Yes this should be a low reward and slow means to do so, but they should still have the option.  You want PvP than attack some clan/nation in open waters to get it.  POTBS we use to keep certain zones in constant hostility so we would have a red zone (PvP zones).   We couldn't farm the map or new zones cause the map was other wise PvE only and that game was very active until they went F2P route and did retarded things to it.  Those Red Zones where the only place you could PvP so you knew where to find others.  No guessing or wondering around the whole map looking or camping newbie capital zones.

O63V1ey.png

This system is trash.

Small zones of only pve? Yes please

Small zones of allowed pvp? No fuck this shit I'm out. NA is about RvR, big fights in logistics and in battles

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You want PvP than attack some clan/nation in open waters to get it. 

Hmm you don't know me well :) show me a battle result of me seal clubbing. Very rare because I have an obsession with killing pvpers. If I cannot learn from a battle I see no reason to play. For me beating @rediii in a 1v1 means more than winning against 3 retards. 

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

they were not written by ppl with 2000 hiours.

Don't fuck them bc I will never buy a game that is rated mostly negative. mixed I will look at very precice and good reviews is a instabuy if the pics and videos are interesting

Most people buy games because of gameplay videos. Reviews don't matter as much as you would think. 

1 hour ago, rediii said:

This system is trash.

Small zones of only pve? Yes please

Small zones of allowed pvp? No fuck this shit I'm out. NA is about RvR, big fights in logistics and in battles

OH I agree I prefer our system with actual PvE safe pockets instead.   I'm just pointing out that it had the opposite extreme and worked as the game was more gear about PvE game play as most MMO's are mainly about the PvE side of it over the PvP.

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Hmm you don't know me well :) show me a battle result of me seal clubbing. Very rare because I have an obsession with killing pvpers. If I cannot learn from a battle I see no reason to play. For me beating @rediii in a 1v1 means more than winning against 3 retards. 

Never said you where a seal clubber, but my point is that most these guys that are seal clubbing us that as the excuse why they can't find PvP.  Well the problem isn't they can't find it they want the easy route.  Half the time you see them sitting side by side with other guys seal clubbing and not fighting each other.