Game-Labs Forum

New ships by nation

Greetings,

I wish to offer a suggestion on new ships.

In the early 2000s thier was the game Age of Sail 2, and Age of sail 2 privateers bounty made by Akeela.

I mention this game that was put out nearly 20 years ago is that it had the names of the fighting ships of all nations in this game...I mean nation specific. 

Is it possible to be even more detailed per nation...for example the French and Danish Navies had liked the shallow draft type of ship.

If this was looked into, the community would explode eith interest.

Is it worth a look?

It all ready is an alternative to other ship games but this would make Naval Action a true rival.

Your officer

William DeRyter(in game)

Edited by Phawn70

We don't even have ports that historically represent Nations (looks at US), Most of NA port models got Cuban housing. For example US ports had brick housing and looked industrial. Small ports (shallow) had colonial style housing. Never understood what Cuba had to do with US coast and the rest of the Caribbean. 

Back to your suggestion. I already suggested unique paint themes for each nation. Same ships , but different themes would easily take care of that problem. On top of that they could add Sail emblems and flags. @admin

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wind said:

We don't even have ports that historically represent Nations (looks at US), Most of NA port models got Cuban housing. For example US ports had brick housing and looked industrial. Small ports (shallow) had colonial style housing. Never understood what Cuba had to do with US coast and the rest of the Caribbean.

We only have US ports south of Hatteras. Not much brick around there, nor industry.

@Intrepido name your ships?

Why not, I would do that in a heartbeat. 

@Wind , the bases you speak of is interesting, and I look at that point as a plus for being creative. So what I speak of can ne done.

The point I'm driving at is a nation specific vessels.

Would a Dane sail a Wasa? Would a Frenchman sail (by choice) a Surprise? Would an Officer of the Royal Navy command a non captured Constitution?

This is what I mean, this game has only scratched the surface.

I would love to sail in a Danish 'Walkyrie' class of 48 guns or the Danish Sol 'Neptunus' of 80 guns for example. And I do understand balance comes into the equation to.

49 minutes ago, maturin said:

We only have US ports south of Hatteras. Not much brick around there, nor industry.

Bro don't even get me started on that. You telling me Boston did not have brick? lol You should change your name to Killick

ImggOtz.jpg

SY24uTr.jpg

9EC7SIw.jpg

Shallow port

bGmORJj.jpg

Edited by Wind

35 minutes ago, Phawn70 said:

Would a Frenchman sail (by choice) a Surprise?

They built the Surprise, so I'm pretty sure they'd sail it, too. And I've never heard of a danish 48-gun Walkyrie, when was that ship launched? There was a corvette called Valkyrien in the mid-1840s, but a SoL?

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Impossible to achieve. We would need 10-12 times the amount of ships ingame.

Possible, each nation would have different figureheads, sail emblems and paint themes. Boom. Ships can stay the same, but they will look differently. 

Imagine capturing Spanish theme ship (no one else in your nation has) and sailing it around? Bad azz. 

Now that is what I call pvp motivator. 

Edited by Wind

11 minutes ago, Wind said:

Bro don't even get me started on that. You telling me Boston did not have brick? lol You should change your name

Shallow port

So you're saying you have no idea where Boston is.

Not that I would be surprised to hear it.

14 minutes ago, maturin said:

Boston is a pure example of an American port and how it should look like. You telling me Cuban style is historically correct? We even have Russian in Caribbean and they live in the same cuban style homes lol.

Let's not fool ourselves it must be fixed. 

Edited by Wind

33 minutes ago, Wind said:

Boston is a pure example of an American port and how it should look like. You telling me Cuban style is historically correct? We even have Russian in Caribbean and they live in the same cuban style homes lol.

TBF to  @maturin I don't think he meant that the style we have now was correct either. Having said that I think Charleston could go with a colonial brick look, maybe Savannah as well at least by the 1760s. Some of the smaller ports could look like the last image you posted. Frankly the NA timeframe includes a lot of growth for the colonial ports. It would be nice to have several different port styles for each nation, maybe a shallow style and a deep style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wind said:

Charleston in this era would have looked more like Cuba than Boston. Its architecture was often compared to Southern Europe.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, maturin said:

Charleston in this era would have looked more like Cuba than Boston. Its architecture was often compared to Southern Europe.

Check out this vid, this is Charlestown. Clear mix of Brick, Colonial and European housing. I would assume other ports followed the same style. In Naval Action we have not a single brick structure in US. 

Edited by Wind

2 minutes ago, Malachi said:

Black Sails...lol.

they did their research I did mine. I would not post fake sh*t here. Pay attention to structures not the movie.

Edited by Wind

Though separated by 1,900 miles of ocean and islands, Barbados and Charleston were remarkably alike. Charleston had been founded less than fifty years earlier by a group of Barbadian planters who had successfully replicated their West Indian slave society in the coastal swamps of southern Carolina. A compact, walled city of 3,000, Charleston’s streets and low, swampy shoreline were lined with Barbadian-style homes, high-ceilinged frame structures with large windows, balconies, and tiled roofs.

Quote from 'Republic of Pirates'. And please don't mention Black Sails and research in the same sentence, Wind.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wind said:

they did their research I did mine. I would not post fake sh*t here. Pay attention to structures not the movie.

lol

Every pirate ship in that show looks like a steaming pile of donkey chodes. If they don't care about the pirate stuff, what research do you think they did on the residential architecture of South Carolina?

Edit: Anyways, this topic is at least the fiftieth time the issue has been raised, and it should be locked. It makes no sense to limit ship types by nation, given how similar the designs of most nations usually were, and how many famous warships earned their spurs in the service of nations that did not build them. We also don't have nearly enough ships to outfit every nation with a full lineup.

23 hours ago, Wind said:

Back to your suggestion. I already suggested unique paint themes for each nation. Same ships , but different themes would easily take care of that problem. On top of that they could add Sail emblems and flags. @admin

Wasn't Florida/Louisiana etc. Spanish around the period this is set in?

23 hours ago, maturin said:

Isn't Boston in England?

On 6/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, Intrepido said:

Do you mean being able to pick a name for your ship from a list?

Id love to be more attached to my ships if I was able to give them a name choose by me. I think even people would pay for being able to. We lack depth in ship customization which is always a source of income and replayability.

I want to name my ships, it would be really fun to have my own named ship.

23 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Impossible to achieve. We would need 10-12 times the amount of ships ingame.

It sounds like a good excuse to have 10x more ships to have!

Edited by Angelo Morosini