Game-Labs Forum

Ship lost when I create outpost

Rufus Swipe

This issue is the result of a test I did in response to the topic raised earlier by John Sheppard. If I sail to a port where I do not have an op, sell my current ship and buy a new one, and then open an op before I select my new ship. I lose my new ship. It is the act of opening an op that kills my ship, not closing an op.

I do not see any logic in this. Is this also working as designed? Because if it is WAD for some reason I cannot understand, I think there should be an in-game warning?

Edited by Rufus Swipe
Removed CAPS from title

2 hours ago, Rufus Swipe said:

This issue is the result of a test I did in response to the topic raised earlier by John Sheppard. If I sail to a port where I do not have an op, sell my current ship and buy a new one, and then open an op before I select my new ship. I lose my new ship. It is the act of opening an op that kills my ship, not closing an op.

I do not see any logic in this. Is this also working as designed? Because if it is WAD for some reason I cannot understand, I think there should be an in-game warning?

The issue when you lose a ship once you created outpost (and did not delete it just before) will be fixed in one of the next patches.

Meanwhile, once you are about to delete an outpost you are currently in, make sure there are no other ships besides your active one as if you decide to re-create outpost, these ships will be lost.