Game-Labs Forum

All Ships Gone !!

John Sheppard

Hi

So i was swapping my outposts location on the list to have the important ones on top everything was going fine and when i finished the screen suddenly refreshes and all my ships have dissipated from everywhere ! Not a single ship in any of my outposts even the ones that i didn't touch

I tried buying a basic cutter to see if it will show up and it did but nothing else did anywhere .. tried leaving port and entering again restarting game and PC but nothing helps .. all my ships are gone

Has anyone encountered this before and how to fix it?

PS : All the stuff in my warehouse is still there so it's not a matter of losing of ships coz of closing outpost (i've done it before many times) since all my materials/resources/repairs are still there and i had never left port

noships.png

Edited by John Sheppard

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Unless they added a sneaky update the only way to rearrange your outpost list is to abandon. If you abandon an outpost that has more than one ship in it you will lose those ships. 

not if you sit in that port done it already many many times.. you can close it and open it again still doesn't explain why all my stuff is still there except the ships

10 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

not if you sit in that port done it already many many times.. you can close it and open it again still doesn't explain why all my stuff is still there except the ships

Just tested it. When you rebuild your outpost it deletes any ship you're not on. 

The warehouse doesn't delete unless you leave port because that's how you get goods bought from the port.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS 

A clanmate just done some tests and there is a bug. Closing the outpost does not lose the ships but for some reason building the outpost again causes the ships to be lost

Sometimes if you in port with your ships close outpost rebuild it you can still see all your ships however if you teleport out and back into that port even tho you've rebuilt the outpost before TPing out you will see the ships dissapear for some reason.. so sometimes the vanish just as you rebuilt the outpost and other times only when you rebuilt and TP out/back in

7 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Just tested it. When you rebuild your outpost it deletes any ship you're not on. 

The warehouse doesn't delete unless you leave port because that's how you get goods bought from the port.

Yah it's been like this for some time now.  Like Red said they are gone even if your sitting in the port when you do this.  Just be glad you didn't loose your stuff in the port too.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah it's been like this for some time now.  Like Red said they are gone even if your sitting in the port when you do this.  Just be glad you didn't loose your stuff in the port too.  

last time i did it i didn't lose anything.. so you're telling me they've changed that without telling us anything and i've just lost 20 ships some of which are irreplacable?

Just now, John Sheppard said:

WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS 

A clanmate just done some tests and there is a bug. Closing the outpost does not lose the ships but for some reason building the outpost again causes the ships to be lost

Sometimes if you in port with your ships close outpost rebuild it you can still see all your ships however if you teleport out and back into that port even tho you've rebuilt the outpost before TPing out you will see the ships dissapear for some reason.. so sometimes the vanish just as you rebuilt the outpost and other times only when you rebuilt and TP out/back in

If he leaves that port while it's closed it will delete those ships.  Just like it does when he makes a new outpost cause it's registering you have left and returned.

Just now, John Sheppard said:

last time i did it i didn't lose anything.. so you're telling me they've changed that without telling us anything and i've just lost 20 ships some of which are irreplacable?

It's been like this since before the wipe....maybe last time you didn't have 20 ships in the port when you did it but the ship you where on?   I mean honestly what person deletes a port they are sitting in and not expect to loose every thing?

As for the ships the Devs do have a one time, "OPS MY KID DELETE SOMETHING."  Policy where they will replace one of those ships, but not all of them.

Maybe the new UI will make this more clear, but really like I said you deleted a port and expected to keep things in it?  Just be happy you didn't loose the stuff in your warehouse too.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

If he leaves that port while it's closed it will delete those ships.  Just like it does when he makes a new outpost cause it's registering you have left and returned.

yeah i know that but i mean without leaving the port..

he left port AFTER rebuilding the outpost so between destroying and rebuilding the outpost he did not leave port 

it's just a matter of being in the port which is say in the 8th outpost slot .. closing it and oppening it in the 2nd slot which is empty

i don't think that should make you lose your ships since you never left that port 

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's been like this since before the wipe....maybe last time you didn't have 20 ships in the port when you did it but the ship you where on?   I mean honestly what person deletes a port they are sitting in and not expect to loose every thing?

As for the ships the Devs do have a one time, "OPS MY KID DELETE SOMETHING."  Policy where they will replace one of those ships, but not all of them.

Maybe the new UI will make this more clear, but really like I said you deleted a port and expected to keep things in it?  Just be happy you didn't loose the stuff in your warehouse too.

no i don't expect to lose my stuff if i'm sitting at the port and don't leave it be it ships or resources

and i'm pretty sure i did it post-wipe without losing anything a few times  specially in the beginning with the lack of coal situation and then when they added coal in belize

Edited by John Sheppard

and yeah i can understand losing my stuff if i close the port remotely while i'm miles away from it but when i'm sitting at the harbor why would i let anyone take away my ships? i don't get

let's suppose you sail to a port you don't have an outpost at .. you sell your ship and buy another .. when you buy a ship it's NOT selected so you build an outpost before selecting the ship .. would that make your ship vanish? it shouldn't and it's no different from destroying and rebuilding an outpost while you're in that port coz it's not the act of destroying the outpost that makes the ships vanish it's the act of BUILDING the outpost in a port you already have ships at that makes them vanish for some reason and that's what makes me think it's a bug

also ppl do that kind of stuff by accident in a hurry you can close the wrong outpost specially when they have similar names and the bar separating them is not that big.. shouldn't lose your ships if you haven't left the port i think

also .. in this situation it would make sense to lose the stuff in the warehouse coz you've no longer have a building to store them at but ships? ships are not stored in a personal area .. it's a public dock and maybe you pay a fee to keep your ship docked but it's not a building

why would you lose stuff when you BUILD an outpost instead of deleting it?

Edited by John Sheppard

Ok .. new test done

You come in a port you DON"T have an outpost at, sell your crappy trader brig you just captrued, deside to check the docks for a new ship to buy and see this really really nice purple surprise for only 700k and decide to buy it .. now you decide you need an outpost at this port for whatever reason coz you want to TP somewhere else maybe urgently so you build the outpost without selecting the ship first 

BOOM you just lost your new ship just because you BUILT an outpost without selecting it.. WTF.. this doesn't make sense at all but this is what happens and i'm pretty sure it's a bug coz destruction of outpost was not involved in this only building

6 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

Ok .. new test done

You come in a port you DON"T have an outpost at, sell your crappy trader brig you just captrued, deside to check the docks for a new ship to buy and see this really really nice purple surprise for only 700k and decide to buy it .. now you decide you need an outpost at this port for whatever reason coz you want to TP somewhere else maybe urgently so you build the outpost without selecting the ship first 

BOOM you just lost your new ship just because you BUILT an outpost without selecting it.. WTF.. this doesn't make sense at all but this is what happens and i'm pretty sure it's a bug coz destruction of outpost was not involved in this only building

@admin @Ink This indeed looks problematic.