Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcement zone....lol

Either do away with reinforcement zone or make it work. NO ONE fears the reinforcements called. Given my personal experience, I dont fear attacking anyone in their zone.  The AI called are completely useless...some not even firing or often sailing away. Just thought you should know most people consider the zone worthless as it stands.

Edited by Guest

Concur with you again (bad habit which I will try and break).  I got jumped in a TBrig last week by 3 enemy 5th rates.  My reinforcements were laughable and useless and the enemies ignored them.  I don't mind losing the TBrig (that's what they're for), but if you're going to have reinforcements they should deter the attackers.  _

1 minute ago, Otto Kohl said:

Players should defend you, not AI.

Otto, that's just not always possible.  There's a bunch of reasons why you cant always get a response from other players.  The guys who jumped me were hoping for a fight and nobody came (we were chatting). 

Make capitals less important, and less players will make an outpost there.

Capitals or big regional capital ports, should ONLY consume, and produce nothing, so there is a reason to SAIL there, but there is no reason to STAY there.

Nation capitals should not produce anything, or very less, untill they are uncapturable and offer AND consume everything, there will be a huge concentration of players there.

Problem solved.

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Otto Kohl said:

Players should defend you, not AI.

If it is called a reinforcement zone, it is these and not the players who must defend the attacked ship in the reinforcement area. Call reinforcements to the boats that appear is to be too optimistic, rather than help seems to have to defend them. 😜

The solution is CREATING WORTHY AND FUNNY CONTENT also for casual/carebear/traders/crafters players outside of safe zones, not taking away the trade and craft in the safe zones hoping that people will just come out to be killed. 

Instead of taking away shipyard from capitals, just enchance the rate of purple/golden ship crafted in ports that are far away from capital region.

Instead of obliging people to take missions/attack fleet out of the safe zones, make those mission/fleets drop more rare books, notes, upgrades, materials!

The more you will make hard the life of the average joe, the more he will just quit the game ... and .... the less you will find OS PVP.

It happened with every single "hardcore" patch we had in this game, including the last one!

And yet it seems that someone does not understand that using CARROT with the casual players is the correct solution, while just beating them every patch with the STICK of the "hardcore game" is just creating an empty server.

Edited by victor
  • Like 5

On 6/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, Fenris said:

Capitals or big regional capital ports, should ONLY consume, and produce nothing, so there is a reason to SAIL there, but there is no reason to STAY there.

Yes, sounds like a good solution at first, but it will be the death of small nations.

Some people still do not UNDERSTAND. Forcing people to pvp will leave us with 50-100 players who are pvpers, and they will leave the game afterwards. 

We somehow need full or near full protection for guys who does not want pvp. But high reward means high risk. 

Which the ideas are expressed hundreds of times. 

You do not need to reinvent the wheel! It is there, use it or improve it. Some sandbox games have 20 years backround. Just select best options and put them into the game. 

• Like 1