Game-Labs Forum
Wind

Name 5 things you would like to see in NA

Just now, HachiRoku said:

do you have any factual proof other than assumptions to support anything you said there? Just because you think so doesn't make it true. A lobby based game with 50 people online would be more pvp than 500 people(possibly 20% alts) sailing around in open sea. 1 of the many reasons legends failed btw is because matchmaking didn't work. People looking for battles on the same ts would be stuck waiting. 

With 50 is Plymouth Trafalgar every Saturday, at best.

Oh wait... 🤔

Why sail when we have everything ( like hoard resources for a month non stop to have ships for years ) ? Hmmm....

- sit in port and wait for someone to be tagged in zones

- sail to zones and attack someone

- setup some conquest just because the other two options are already too boring

;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Except there is nothing 'hardcore, realistic' about reinforcementzones, capitalzones and positional reinforcements. They are in contrast magic elements that should not be there. The xebec is not realistic in the carribean either - would've been great for the mediterreanean but hardly for the carribean.

To you that might not be hard core, some folks aren't on all the time and they aren't export vets and think that is hard core.  Remember this game isn't about just what I or you or any one player wants or needs.  It's about a whole collection of players and most of them are casual noobs....not hard core PvP Vets like most of us that post on here.

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Neither fleets of 25 1st rates, nor making port in every port with said 1st rates. Nor build 1st rates in all except 3 naval bases, etc etc etc 

I have suggested that they can only dock up in capitals, limiting where you can use them.  There should be no SOL's docking in Freetowns either perm.  You can pop in and out but you can't jump to another ship.   If you want to keep your SOL's around a fighting area your nation needs to have a port there. 

6 hours ago, RKY said:

RVR don't see first rate much in pb these days. Dynamic BR fixed that. I am now looking for a say monthly update on dynamic BR.

Waiting for buc 700BR and 3rd 420BR. Heavy frigate will soon make their entrance as fleet core built.

BR for port battles needs to be rebalanced to many low Br port battles and they need to put limits on some like "4th rates and below"  Which will get you more ships in there. I know a lot of folks that honestly stop playing for two main reason.  The UI and that there are not epic 1st rate battles any more.

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

do you have any factual proof other than assumptions to support anything you said there? Just because you think so doesn't make it true. A lobby based game with 50 people online would be more pvp than 500 people(possibly 20% alts) sailing around in open sea. 1 of the many reasons legends failed btw is because matchmaking didn't work. People looking for battles on the same ts would be stuck waiting. 

NAVAL ACTION:LEGEND......it bomb cause of many things, but one thing it for sure bomb is players interest wasn't big for that type of play.  Not to mention most of the folks I saw play it was a group of PvP Vets that all joined on one team and smashed any one that tried to play it too until they got all the top ships.  Which made it not fun for any casuals.   They wouldn't fight each other, they bitched about AI (which was there cause they wouldn't fight each other).  Lobby base games are a dime a dozen.   Just look at all the arena games out there....they have so many copies of copies that the pumped of teens jump into play a month or so until they get bored and move onto another game.  The closes to this is WoWs and that game is way more polished than this game has ever been.   

5 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

My game play is now limited to sitting in teamspeak while I do other things and only log on when something's happening :)

Maybe it's time to pick a new nation that the one that has just about the majority of  your prime time PvP/RvR players. I still don't get where guys that jump ship think they will get better fights by joining the side that is smashing every one, that tends to more boring fights or less of them if anything.  Take a month off and switch over to another nation and hunt the hunters.  You do solo hunting all the time man, maybe find a new target?  That and remember a lot of folks aren't playing right now cause of waiting on this big UI/Econ patch.  Go take a break and play something else.

My 5 would prob be:

1.   Make actual safe zones around the capital regions of the core starting easy nations to allow players to grow and PvE as they feel, they will not PvP cause folks think forcing them into PvP will make them.  NO more false safe zones.  We need to retain players not chase them away.

2.  The return of paints.  I'm so sick of see the same bland ships over the last year after having paints for so long......while keeping the customization controled with Paints and Flags maybe add some sails too.  Folks are suckers for things like this and will pay for them in DLC, but there should always be an in game option to buy any DLC type items or win them with loot.

3.   I know alot of this will be coming with the UI patch (#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS) but more missions, PvE content, PvP content, things for folks to do so they aren't just sitting in port or even sitting in safe zones.   I would loved if the map was fog of war with only the capitals listed when you start and you actually have to explore the map to open up where other ports are and actual islands and things not charted on the main map.   I been to ever port in game at least once, so why should i return them upon release.  Give folks things to do to get out there and about and you will see more players in game too.

4.  Proper Navigation tools in game.   We need grids back on the map with Lag and Long so I can tell some one meet me here.  Players need a rough Lag and Long in game of there ship location (no GPS dot on map, they still have to figure out the location with the lag and long).  As above give them a fog of war type map with basic info that opens up when you explore and gives you more detail as you open up that area.  Maybe list only main capitals on them so you have to go to that area to find the other cities and map them.

5.  Clan control of a port.  If I'm paying so much tax's back to my nation I should have more control of the port my clan owns.  Have clan friendly trade list of who can put in contracts (every one, Nation only, friend clans only).  Give them resources back from that port so they can sale some of them without having to fight with the bidders and contracts.   Allow for more things to upkeep the port.  Allow them to buy more forts or forts for some ports that might not have them.   Pay to increase the AI patrol out side of ports.  With that would like to see more aggressive AI in green zones.

6. Some proper Pirates mechanics in game where they can be the thorn in every one side but not be part of RvR national stuff.  There has been so many good suggestions out there I'm not going to go on and on on this one.