Game-Labs Forum

Name 5 things you would like to see in NA

Wind

49 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Just one thing for me really - I want to be able to log on and have engaging fights throughout my time online without the need to grind ranks, ship slots, mods etc.

Than why are you playing a sandbox mmo?  Sounds like you want WOWs and even they have to grind ships unless you skip with a premium.

1. Naval Bases - shipyards by Admiralty ( no more player shipyards ) located in Region Capital IF region is 100% controlled. ( Capital is always a Naval Base )

• a - shallow naval bases build 7 - 6 rates
  • b - deep water naval bases build 5 - 4 rates ( and 7 - 6 rates )
  • c - Capital naval bases & Special historical naval bases build 1 - 3 rates ( and all others )

2. Either full safety or no safety in Reinforcement Zones ( the 10 minutes entry is a no go )

3. Crafting/Resources production depot ( quantity waiting to be harvested ) halved.

4. Multi warehouse slots items - volume vs mass - same volume of wool has less mass than iron ingots. Or, alternatively, dynamic stacks by mass.

5. Port Battles control point circles to shrink as well during the course of battle.

1 Storm battles

2 more outpost slots

3 More Dutch ship but also traders, small and big like the East indiaman Pieter Paulus (1800) 68 gun or a simpel 4 gun Hoeker

4 Rework of the hostility missions

5 Give merchantmen in PB also a job like be a landing ship to trie to conquer the Fortresses like in the war of Jenkins Ear for example instead of full warships

1. Changed RoE for patrolzones (stop the ganking, make at least joining the high BR side impossible)

2. Changed RoE for reinforcementzones (make them 100% save but less profitable or denie PvP marks for kills inside)

3. No OP DLC ships

4. A nice new boardinggame

5. Slow implementation of mechanics (between 0 and 100 there should be a scale with steps)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than why are you playing a sandbox mmo?  Sounds like you want WOWs and even they have to grind ships unless you skip with a premium.

Maybe like me he bought the game when it was a lobby and skill based game? I don't mind the direction the game is taking but na has lost its original spirit imo. That is hardcore pvp

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Maybe like me he bought the game when it was a lobby and skill based game? I don't mind the direction the game is taking but na has lost its original spirit imo. That is hardcore pvp

He hasn't been on the game that long since sea trials so it's not that and I don't know where you get this game was every a hardcore PvP.......hardcore game maybe but not once they said PvP only game in anything about it being sold.   That is why I think it's so funny when you guys keep thinking the server is PvP only and that folks that want PvE should go to the PvE only server.  PvE is part of the game, so live with it or go play something else. I hear there was a NA:L....oh wait it bombed didn't it?  I actually kinda wish they had made a PvP-Only server....I bet that thing would be deader than the PvE servers..lobby games are a dime dozen and come and go, NA is not a lobby game and it wouldn't lasted this long if it had been.

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

58 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

He hasn't been on the game that long since sea trials so it's not that and I don't know where you get this game was every a hardcore PvP.......hardcore game maybe but not once they said PvP only game in anything about it being sold.   That is why I think it's so funny when you guys keep thinking the server is PvP only and that folks that want PvE should go to the PvE only server.  PvE is part of the game, so live with it or go play something else. I hear there was a NA:L....oh wait it bombed didn't it?  I actually kinda wish they had made a PvP-Only server....I bet that thing would be deader than the PvE servers..lobby games are a dime dozen and come and go, NA is not a lobby game and it wouldn't lasted this long if it had been.

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Except there is nothing 'hardcore, realistic' about reinforcementzones, capitalzones and positional reinforcements. They are in contrast magic elements that should not be there. The xebec is not realistic in the carribean either - would've been great for the mediterreanean but hardly for the carribean.

EDIT: My five:

1) PvP on the PvP server - hardcore and realistic. This means no 5/5 ships that are impossible to balance with 3/5 ships - let the battles be down to crafting choices and skill.

2) PvP EU and PvP US servers - game broke with the merge and there is either no RvR of any meaning or RvR with meaning but no mechanic to allow for a global server. Timers has returned the same issue as we had before the introduction of the nightflips and we're still no closer to a solution.

3) Crafting overhaul - no 5/5 ships, but let the crafter specialize in a shiptype/trim type or similar.

4) Econ overhaul - I made 40 million on the first couple of days back in the game. Should really not be that easy and it's not enough to simply remove a few zeroes the effect would still be the same. A dynamic economy please.

5) No traders tool, no magical assistance - you want to know good trade lanes? - Go find them, explore and the information will have a value of its own.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Neither fleets of 25 1st rates, nor making port in every port with said 1st rates. Nor build 1st rates in all except 3 naval bases, etc etc etc 

Agreed - introduce upkeep to limit the amount and use of 1st/2nd rates.

5 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Agreed - introduce upkeep to limit the amount and use of 1st/2nd rates.

:D 

... read again... 25 1st rates !?... never !...building them everywhere ?...naw

Upkeep won't divert away from the...arhem... magic elements that would never be there ;) 

Reckon even I have to make concessions, and whether the xebecs and pollacas, pinks, luggers and whatever, were 2 or 3 masts in the caribbean, truth is that they were there, from the Horn to New England.

Let's call historical accuracy by its name in all levels if we must and not only when it suits me - which it does actually, roughly 600 ships registered at any given time, as sailing at the high point of the age of sail, in the West indies as ocean going and majority weren't even frigates and ships of the line.

Anyway, i did have to defend one of the most interesting rig implementations of late, a full lateen rig. Maybe it opens way to see a El Gamo sized xebec in the future.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

NA is not a lobby game and it wouldn't lasted this long if it had been.

do you have any factual proof other than assumptions to support anything you said there? Just because you think so doesn't make it true. A lobby based game with 50 people online would be more pvp than 500 people(possibly 20% alts) sailing around in open sea. 1 of the many reasons legends failed btw is because matchmaking didn't work. People looking for battles on the same ts would be stuck waiting. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

do you have any factual proof other than assumptions to support anything you said there? Just because you think so doesn't make it true. A lobby based game with 50 people online would be more pvp than 500 people(possibly 20% alts) sailing around in open sea. 1 of the many reasons legends failed btw is because matchmaking didn't work. People looking for battles on the same ts would be stuck waiting. 

With 50 is Plymouth Trafalgar every Saturday, at best.

Oh wait... 🤔

Why sail when we have everything ( like hoard resources for a month non stop to have ships for years ) ? Hmmm....

- sit in port and wait for someone to be tagged in zones

- sail to zones and attack someone

- setup some conquest just because the other two options are already too boring

;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Except there is nothing 'hardcore, realistic' about reinforcementzones, capitalzones and positional reinforcements. They are in contrast magic elements that should not be there. The xebec is not realistic in the carribean either - would've been great for the mediterreanean but hardly for the carribean.

To you that might not be hard core, some folks aren't on all the time and they aren't export vets and think that is hard core.  Remember this game isn't about just what I or you or any one player wants or needs.  It's about a whole collection of players and most of them are casual noobs....not hard core PvP Vets like most of us that post on here.

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Neither fleets of 25 1st rates, nor making port in every port with said 1st rates. Nor build 1st rates in all except 3 naval bases, etc etc etc 

I have suggested that they can only dock up in capitals, limiting where you can use them.  There should be no SOL's docking in Freetowns either perm.  You can pop in and out but you can't jump to another ship.   If you want to keep your SOL's around a fighting area your nation needs to have a port there. 

6 hours ago, RKY said:

RVR don't see first rate much in pb these days. Dynamic BR fixed that. I am now looking for a say monthly update on dynamic BR.

Waiting for buc 700BR and 3rd 420BR. Heavy frigate will soon make their entrance as fleet core built.

BR for port battles needs to be rebalanced to many low Br port battles and they need to put limits on some like "4th rates and below"  Which will get you more ships in there. I know a lot of folks that honestly stop playing for two main reason.  The UI and that there are not epic 1st rate battles any more.

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

NAVAL ACTION:LEGEND......it bomb cause of many things, but one thing it for sure bomb is players interest wasn't big for that type of play.  Not to mention most of the folks I saw play it was a group of PvP Vets that all joined on one team and smashed any one that tried to play it too until they got all the top ships.  Which made it not fun for any casuals.   They wouldn't fight each other, they bitched about AI (which was there cause they wouldn't fight each other).  Lobby base games are a dime a dozen.   Just look at all the arena games out there....they have so many copies of copies that the pumped of teens jump into play a month or so until they get bored and move onto another game.  The closes to this is WoWs and that game is way more polished than this game has ever been.   

5 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

My game play is now limited to sitting in teamspeak while I do other things and only log on when something's happening :)

Maybe it's time to pick a new nation that the one that has just about the majority of  your prime time PvP/RvR players. I still don't get where guys that jump ship think they will get better fights by joining the side that is smashing every one, that tends to more boring fights or less of them if anything.  Take a month off and switch over to another nation and hunt the hunters.  You do solo hunting all the time man, maybe find a new target?  That and remember a lot of folks aren't playing right now cause of waiting on this big UI/Econ patch.  Go take a break and play something else.

My 5 would prob be:

1.   Make actual safe zones around the capital regions of the core starting easy nations to allow players to grow and PvE as they feel, they will not PvP cause folks think forcing them into PvP will make them.  NO more false safe zones.  We need to retain players not chase them away.

2.  The return of paints.  I'm so sick of see the same bland ships over the last year after having paints for so long......while keeping the customization controled with Paints and Flags maybe add some sails too.  Folks are suckers for things like this and will pay for them in DLC, but there should always be an in game option to buy any DLC type items or win them with loot.

3.   I know alot of this will be coming with the UI patch (#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS) but more missions, PvE content, PvP content, things for folks to do so they aren't just sitting in port or even sitting in safe zones.   I would loved if the map was fog of war with only the capitals listed when you start and you actually have to explore the map to open up where other ports are and actual islands and things not charted on the main map.   I been to ever port in game at least once, so why should i return them upon release.  Give folks things to do to get out there and about and you will see more players in game too.

4.  Proper Navigation tools in game.   We need grids back on the map with Lag and Long so I can tell some one meet me here.  Players need a rough Lag and Long in game of there ship location (no GPS dot on map, they still have to figure out the location with the lag and long).  As above give them a fog of war type map with basic info that opens up when you explore and gives you more detail as you open up that area.  Maybe list only main capitals on them so you have to go to that area to find the other cities and map them.

5.  Clan control of a port.  If I'm paying so much tax's back to my nation I should have more control of the port my clan owns.  Have clan friendly trade list of who can put in contracts (every one, Nation only, friend clans only).  Give them resources back from that port so they can sale some of them without having to fight with the bidders and contracts.   Allow for more things to upkeep the port.  Allow them to buy more forts or forts for some ports that might not have them.   Pay to increase the AI patrol out side of ports.  With that would like to see more aggressive AI in green zones.

6. Some proper Pirates mechanics in game where they can be the thorn in every one side but not be part of RvR national stuff.  There has been so many good suggestions out there I'm not going to go on and on on this one.