Game-Labs Forum
Wind

Name 5 things you would like to see in NA

3 hours ago, Captiva said:

I recently proposed a question to Ink, asking if deep water port battles needed two BR numbers instead of one.

The first BR number would apply to 1st and 2nd rates; with the goal being to limit their numbers in a port battle to no more than three to six ships, depending on the BR number.

The second BR number would apply to 3rd rates and below. These would make up the majority of ships in the port battle, somewhere between ten to twenty, depending on the BR number.

I though of this idea after looking at fleet composition in historical naval battles. It seemed that most of the time there were only three to six 1st rates. The majority were 3rd rates along with a few lower rated ships.

This would probably be a nightmare for those of you who organize port battles.

Yah that is why I stated do a cap limit.  Only 4th rates and below, only 3rd rates and below or something that could be more historical about the draft of the ships that could get into that ports habours/regions or something.  Just mainly so it's not the same meta over and over of the biggest ships you can find.  I would love to see a 15 vs 15 battle that was only 4th rates or 3rd rates.  That would be more of an easy way to control the mix of the fleet.  Also would love if some ports that had islands and such around had a cap circle that was truely in shallow while the others might be deep water, so you have to bring small ships or a mixture to control circles and such.

One way they can do this is split the port battles into three groups.  Shallow water, normal and Deep water.  Deep water are any thing goes from 1st rates to 6th.   Normal is restricted to say 3rd/4th rates to 6th rates.  Than of course shallows would restricted to shallow water ships only.

1 hour ago, Mrgoldstein said:

Its frustrating indeed i cam fight a guy for over an hour do yons of damage in the end he escapes...0 reward...i get ganked 0 do lot of damage but sink..0 reward..this needs fixing who cares about a few farming gold new players need rewards so theyll stay

0 is not entirely correct. One still gets xp. and not few, even for a non sinky (just a little hint to grind ship slots in pvp).

But I agree, gold reward according to damage is needed. No pvp marks though, if enemy isn't sunk.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Also would love if some ports that had islands and such around had a cap circle that was truely in shallow while the others might be deep water, so you have to bring small ships or a mixture to control circles and such.

I like your idea of having one or more circles that can only be capped by shallow draft ships while at the same time having the other circle or circles being deep water ships.   

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Only 4th rates and below, only 3rd rates and below or something that could be more historical about the draft of the ships that could get into that ports habours/regions or something.  Just mainly so it's not the same meta over and over of the biggest ships you can find.

Just to clarify my initial idea, this applies to deep water port battles only. There would be two BR numbers that would have to be filled by both the attacker and the defender, not just one.

The first number would apply to 1st and 2nd rates only. This number would be such that there could only be a maximum of three to six 1st and/or 2nd rates, depending on the BR. Then the second BR number would be to fill out the rest of the port battle fleet. This number would be for 3rd rates and below.

For example, after fulfilling the two BR for a specific port battle the final fleet composition could be: four 1st rates, with the rest being a mix of twenty 3rd rates and below.

This eliminates the "all 1st rates or nothing" meta and would better reflect the historical composition of large fleets.

I would think that tactical options would increase also. After a line pass or two the group could split up into squadrons; each squadron having a 1st or 2nd rate supported by four or five 3rd and/or 4th rates. Or, the 1st and 2nd rates could stay united while the 3rd rates and below battle the perimeter or center.

Implementing BR for port battles was a good, first step in trying to add ship diversity to port battles. Like you, I'm hoping that it can still be improved upon.   

Edited by Captiva

32 minutes ago, Captiva said:

I like your idea of having one or more circles that can only be capped by shallow draft ships while at the same time having the other circle or circles being deep water ships.   

Just to clarify my initial idea, this applies to deep water port battles only. There would be two BR numbers that would have to be filled by both the attacker and the defender, not just one.

The first number would apply to 1st and 2nd rates only. This number would be such that there could only be a maximum of three to six 1st and/or 2nd rates, depending on the BR. Then the second BR number would be to fill out the rest of the port battle fleet. This number would be for 3rd rates and below.

For example, after fulfilling the two BR for a specific port battle the final fleet composition could be: four 1st rates, with the rest being a mix of twenty 3rd rates and below.

This eliminates the "all 1st rates or nothing" meta and would better reflect the historical composition of large fleets.

I would think that tactical options would increase also. After a line pass or two the group could split up into squadrons; each squadron having a 1st or 2nd rate supported by four or five 3rd and/or 4th rates. Or, the 1st and 2nd rates could stay united while the 3rd rates and below battle the perimeter or center.

Implementing BR for port battles was a good, first step in trying to add ship diversity to port battles. Like you, I'm hoping that it can still be improved upon.   

It is easier to achieve that if first rates BR increases or get their stats nerfed just a bit so second rates and third rates can do something against them. 

• Like 1

5. Diplomacy between Nations, a leader elected by popular demand (voted by the community to each nation) or an NPC. The nation being able to offer alliances, go to war, be neutral; A newspaper available in-game with global news. The newspaper would be a way to understand what's going on in the world.

4. Customizable ships; able to name your own ship, ship color (trim, hull, bottom, sails).

3. Career, I guess. Start from the bottom until you reach the last rank in the hierarchy. Once you become an officer of your own Nation, your actions would impact your career. If you attack civilian ships, merchant ships, you would become a pirate and therefore, be exiled from your Nation and hunted down by it's Navy.

2. Nation pointless attacks on other nation NPC's would be considered an act of war amonst them. Hence the 5° idea of diplomacy between nations. If your nation is not at war against anyone, why would it be ok to attack them without consequences? It also gives us a purpose to look forward too, be a part of something bigger than just clans and selfish or even pointless battles anyway. An announcement from the king, saying our nation is at war against Spain/Russia/Netherlands/USA, etc, would be a really nice touch to the world we play in.

If the king is just simply an NPC, the diplomacy system would work like Pirates of the Burning Sea does. You're a part of a Nation, the more you attack other nations ships, the more hated you'll be towards that Nation, putting yourself in hostile situations once you get close enough to a Capital, city belonging to that nation.

1. A Reputation system. The more achievements you achieve, success, the more heroic and patriotic you'll be towards your nation. The more fearsome and violent you become, the more NPCs and other nation players will fear you aswell. A line between positive and negative, from -1 to -100 to 1 and 100. Become well known in the newspaper as people will most likely be talking about  your doings in the world.

I know everything sounds like PVE contents, but let's face it, this game can be more than just a naval combat game. You guys once were called a naval combat game, but the moment you guys presented us, players, with open world, quests, crafting, economy and other possibilities, you guys became an open world game, and that gents, needs content, background, lore, fun and more. 

The reason why players don't hold on to this game it's because they come here looking for something deeper than PVP. There will be PVP, always will, but it shouldn't be the focus on this game. I've seen a lot of topics around PVPers and PVEers trying to figure it out a way to put an end to the losses on our player base, but it's mainly because there's nothing to hold on to other than PVPing, and that's not something to look forward to. Not everyone in this game wants to battle every single time they jump into the game, some of those players want to sail merchant ships, make a buck, craft, build, exchange, sell, some of them wants to go on missions, battle fleets, sink some ships, other players wants to go on a treasure hunt, hunt down treasure ships and plunder, but others wants to serve the navy, become officers, start from the bottom and reach the top, people want content to base their playstyle around it.

Anyway, that's my opinion and point of view, I won't argue if someone sees it different than I do, so I'll leave it at that.

Oh, and here is an idea for PVPvE. There's a thing called PVP flag, once you activate it, you can battle whoever you want, as long as they also have the PVP flag enabled. If a player doesn't want to PVP, he'll be able to play the game without frustration.

Edited by Corsário Português
  • Like 1