Game-Labs Forum

On 6/23/2018 at 12:58 PM, Cmdr RideZ said:

One broadside to waterline kills should definitely be removed from the game. Very bad feature.

Why? It is a skill shot that involves risk.  The captain risks dumping his broadside in the water. If they can pull it off, good for them.

22 hours ago, Jerome said:

Why? It is a skill shot that involves risk.  The captain risks dumping his broadside in the water. If they can pull it off, good for them.

And it's the fault of the captain getting leaks for not watching their heel

• Like 1

So I put 26 leaks into a victory and he put them all in the water almost immediately stayed at full speed and only his bottom deck went under water. Did the same to a Bellona with 17 leaks I know they said they buffed leaks but did they actually nerf them? Because 26 leaks into a victory is plenty enough to kill one or at least was before they "buffed" them.

Edited by Aster

1 minute ago, Aster said:

So I put 26 leaks into a victory and he put them all in the water almost immediately stayed at full speed and only his bottom deck went under water. Did the same to a Bellona with 17 leaks I know they said they buffed leaks but did they actually nerf them? Because 26 leaks into a victory is plenty enough to kill one. Or at least was before they "buffed" them.

I think a problem might be that as they slow and take water the leaks slow down allowing the crew to fix leaks and pump water out

49 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

I've put 46leaks into an npc pavel but it didn't sink till I nailed all its structure, dunno if this is just npcs having op pumps 

I sunk a Frigate in a mission with leaks (20ish).  She still had half her structure.

1 hour ago, beagleplease said:

Probably they were out of the water or something then. 

Well yes.  That is how you cause leaks.  She was heeling and I got her below the waterline (wow, that could be taken out of context!).  It could be that the Frigate kept her speed up and ran parallel to me as we traded broadsides.  There is a speed relationship to "leak sinking".