Game-Labs Forum
admin

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

This is about the Requin feedback.

ALL inconsistencies found shall be brought forth with support of media sent to devs or posted here.

That includes the best of all - video.

No trolling, stay in line. Grow a thicker skin. I don't take kindly to vile beggars by the way.

• Like 1

We have identified the bug with sail colliders that sometimes give no damage to sails - fix in progress

• Like 4

We have changed the speed of sail setting and furling for Gunboat and Le Requin. (these ships set sails much faster than other vessels to replicate ease of depowering and setting for lateen sails)
Would like to know if you like this change or it made it less interesting from the sailing perspective. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Would like to know if you like this change or it made it less interesting from the sailing perspective. 

Very much appreciated and more different flavour for a different sail type. Also nice for a pirate ship to have a small headstart. Keep up the good work, Sir.

17 minutes ago, admin said:

We have changed the speed of sail setting and furling for Gunboat and Le Requin. (these ships set sails much faster than other vessels to replicate ease of depowering and setting for lateen sails)

its around 3sec right (from 0 to 100%). Looks about right will help the auto skipper pilot. What about adding battlesails for the xebec just front and mizzen no sails on the main?

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

its around 3sec right (from 0 to 100%). Looks about right will help the auto skipper pilot. What about adding battlesails for the xebec just front and mizzen no sails on the main?

would love to hear your opinions on this much faster setting time. (especially in terms of making this ship different, complex and interesting in sailing)

for the battle sails - lets say its impossible until someone provides specific references on the battle sails looks for Xebec, but even then it will only be done after localization (if this happens). We can add the battle sail but it will look strange having half speed at full sails because we need to telegraph sail set to the enemy and cant do it visually without adding new set of animations.

We could theoretically take down main mast sail and call it a Battle sail setting.

7 minutes ago, admin said:

would love to hear your opinions on this much faster setting time.. 

for the battle sails - lets say its impossible until someone provides specific references on the battle sails looks, but even then it will only be done after localization (if this happens). We can add the battle sail but it will look strange having half speed at full sails because we need to telegraph sail set to the enemy and cant do it visually without adding new set of animations.

Hope that picture makes it more clear. Front and mizzen are at full sails. But no sails set at the main mast.

Antonio_barcelo_1738.jpg

like the one in front.There was some talk about giving battle sails a + to maneuverability and on this ship its possible without buffing rudder. Just allow front and mizzen sails to be set at battle sails.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Main mast yard just rotates to rest almost vertical, sail is collected.

but given - cant do it visually without adding new set of animations.

Would look good though.

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Hope that picture makes it more clear. Front and mizzen are at full sails. But no sails set at the main mast.

Antonio_barcelo_1738.jpg

like the one in front.There was some talk about giving battle sails a + to maneuverability and on this ship its possible without buffing rudder. Just allow front and mizzen sails to be set at battle sails.

if no central sail will work as battle sail setting it can be done in a reasonable time (like couple of days)

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, admin said:

would love to hear your opinions on this much faster setting time.. 

Regarding sail setting time. We had this talk about getting rigging shocked because xebec tends to catch fire fairly easy. Havent tested it yet (because i wasnt set on fire yet) but with the 3 seconds to reduce sail to 0% its a good counter to avoid rigging shock.

Regarding pvp combat i dont know if we will end like the time as we could almost instant set battlesails and avoid getting chained

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

but with the 3 seconds to reduce sail to 0% its a good counter to avoid rigging shock.

Are you sure dropping sails protects you from a rigging shock ? I've never tested it, just curious. My Xebec made out of teak caught 2 fires during one battle, good luck on your testing but I can't provide any more feedback on the ship as its lost :) Just wondering why so many paintings present sails on 2 sides (left and right) which would be logical to catch more wind and in-game we have all sails set on one side.

Edited by Banished Privateer

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Are you sure dropping sails protects you from a rigging shock? I've never tested it, just curious. My Xebec made out of teak caught 2 fires during one battle, good luck on your testing but I can't provide any more feedback on the ship as its lost :) Just wondering why so many paintings present sails on 2 sides (left and right) which would be logical to catch more wind and in-game we have all sails set on one side.

We are adding fire Extra Buckets back (old abandoned upgrade) that will fix the problem if captain does not want fire to spread.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Are you sure dropping sails protects you from a rigging shock? I've never tested it, just curious.

17 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Havent tested it yet (because i wasnt set on fire yet) but with the 3 seconds to reduce sail to 0% its a good counter to avoid rigging shock.

Yeah it has to be tested like i said. But if it works it would be a valid counter.

Just wondering why so many paintings present sails on 2 sides (left and right) which would be logical to catch more wind and in-game we have all sails set on one side.

Its done when the ship had to switch sides, because of maneuvering and tagging/wearing . Normally the mast would restrict the sail to use the full potential when pressed against the mast. Therefore they used a combination 2 left 1 right to get at least better performance. But in NA i guess its just about what looks best there is no difference in if wind is coming from left or right. (if you were talking about that here)

TS-Xebec-35L-MainPic-B058.jpg

if you were talking about the picture above (my post above). In NA we dont have slipstream. Therefore no need to have the sails on different sides. But in RL the sails would reduce wind pressure when on one side and tehrefore reduce speed.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Yeah it has to be tested like i said. But if it works it would be a valid counter.

If you didn't know, other ships going into rigging shock from fire as well, but usually fire shock. You can test it by fireshiping and dropping sails. I'm pretty sure it won't protect your  sails, but again fire shock doesn't always effect in rigging shock.

Will my requin be removed once it hits the store? I hope not due to the fact that I got some pretty expensive stuff on it.

Edited by Captain Rover
  • Like 1

Its kind of depower for square riggers

@maturin @adminQuick text from the book -100 Days by Patrick Obrien.

Surprise vs Xebec Action

(Surprise) Broadside on the downward roll - 1st broadside from 40 yards to Xebec side - Half the Xebec ports beaten in and rudder shot away.  2nd broadside to her side shattered her entirely. After 2 broadside Xebec started to settle (sink). Xebecs were fine and nimble sailing craft, but were not strongly built. 

Questions?

Xebec must not have an upper arm vs Surprise with any setup. Xebec must be competitive vs Cerberus. Those who say they need buff have no idea what they are talking about. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

Can we get a new redeem window for the xebec? Guess the crucial part for the sail setting time is pvp (avoid chaining) because its fast like depower.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

Its done when the ship had to switch sides, because of maneuvering and tagging/wearing . Normally the mast would restrict the sail to use the full potential when pressed against the mast. Therefore they used a combination 2 left 1 right to get at least better performance. But in NA i guess its just about what looks best there is no difference in if wind is coming from left or right. (if you were talking about that here)

TS-Xebec-35L-MainPic-B058.jpg

if you were talking about the picture above (my post above). In NA we dont have slipstream. Therefore no need to have the sails on different sides. But in RL the sails would reduce wind pressure when on one side and tehrefore reduce speed.

It also allows wing on wing for downwind sailing (like the oared galley in the painting you posted).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Pirate Rig and Elite Pirate is way overpowered. 30%  bonus + no negatives. Also why does it say "spanker" and not "lateen"??? Does it affect spanker sails as well?

Just tested mine.  20 seconds to go from 0% to 15.5kts

(as the battle started)

The ship does have to have some advantage, but maybe pirate rig slows sail rising/manipulation

1 minute ago, Sir John said:

Just tested mine.  20 seconds to go from 0% to 15.5kts

(as the battle started)

The ship does have to have some advantage, but maybe pirate rig slows sail rising/manipulation

It was already fast without sail force, now that makes it go 15.5 knots downwind, no thanks.

that was with me turning and not on my best pos, but the point is obvious

• Like 1

The Requin highlights how silly these mods are and now would be an ideal time to just dump the spanish and pirate rig refit series entirely in my opinion. They offer too much of an advantage for some ships, and destroy the importance of ship knowledge and experience. (Knowing your best point of sail relative to that of your enemy is pointless if the enemy can just slap an upgrade on and completely change the most fundamental characteristics of their ship)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Pirate Rig and Elite Pirate is way overpowered. 30%  bonus + no negatives. Also why does it say "spanker" and not "lateen"??? Does it affect spanker sails as well?

if you look at the belle poule she has has kind of a lateen as spanker as well. so makes kind of sense.

maxresdefault.jpg