Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Trinc vs Trinc duel I defeated one of the good players (it was almost 1:30h fight), I got on his stern and graped his crew down. Chained his sails with bow chasers. Followed him everywhere. He couldn't tack the wind, because I boarded him almost every time. He got boarded like 3-4 times (good at boarding player). Ships had same speeds, same turn rates, once someone gets on your stern, 4 chasers destroying your sails and wiping crew is crippling if you can't shoot back.

Thats the way it should be. He got himself into that position and and lost the duel because of that mistake. Chain is what made it worse than it should be but everyone knows what I think of chain. The trinco tactic you descrice here has been used as the meta dueling for years not. Since leeway was added and trincos sailing profile was changed this has become easier to avoid. Used to be the only way to win trinco duels. Ask @jodgi about that :) 

5 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Depends on what gains each side has here  DLC ships changed the game so elites have too adapt or leave perhaps there is no lies in admins hard data, but only obstacle in said elites plan to return game to state they were used too it?

They will never accept to be unable to sail alone on uncatchable, strong ships, freely kiting 10 medium players anymore.

Indeed the mantra is only one: NERF REQUIN. REQUIN BREAKS THE GAME.

Only a few of wise veterans agree to nerf mods.

Others want only to sail on the last 5/5+20mil mod ship meta and pwn anything or avoid fight unharmed.

But not accepting a Requin with 1mil mod doing the same. Nor the same Requin killing their beauties.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Thats the way it should be. He got himself into that position and and lost the duel because of that mistake. Chain is what made it worse than it should be but everyone knows what I think of chain. The trinco tactic you descrice here has been used as the meta dueling for years not. Since leeway was added and trincos sailing profile was changed this has become easier to avoid. Used to be the only way to win trinco duels. Ask @jodgi about that :) 

Then why are you playing naval action?

Naval action is OW game so expecting balanced fights is wrong and claiming one new ship is OP becouse you are unwilling too adapt is your issue not ships issue.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

I am wondering about historical importance of chasers in combat engagements, because NA logic is simple - more chasers = better.

Wasa - 10 chasers

Hercules - 6 chasers

Lequin - 6 chasers

Pretty much every new ship is OP because of crazy number of chasers.

really requin has 4 2pd chasers witch are only useful for decrewing and wasa is useless atm only hercules is good but

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I am wondering about historical importance of chasers in combat engagements, because NA logic is simple - more chasers = better.

Wasa - 10 chasers

Hercules - 6 chasers

Lequin - 6 chasers

Forgot the old pvp meta:

Surprises - 6 chasers

20 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

They will never accept to be unable to sail alone on uncatchable, strong ships, freely kiting 10 medium players anymore.

You are tallking about them or you? You are 24/7 sailing at KPR in a requin . You don't have any more ships? Or you just sail in the Requin because you know it is almost impossible for you to die? So much irony in your words.

21 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wasa - 10 chasers

Hercules - 6 chasers

Lequin - 6 chasers

it wouldnt have been that effective because there is nothing that would stop crews from moving cannos to the stern to defend theemselves. Keep in mind in real life they would have time to do so. 

45 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

All the same.

Requin Requin Requin.

Mast sniping, super modded ships, Surprises stern camping 1st rate to the death, hull hugging... All fine. Only Requin is the issue.

NEVER NERF THE DAMNED MODS (that will solve 90% of Requin balance coupled with making her 5th). Right!?!?

Because if books/mods get nerfed and we get back to 1rep/battle old rich vets will not able to over power others? Or they'll be too fearful to lose their gold shiny ships with 25+ mil upgrades on due to a small group of normal players on normal ships. Right!?!?

Until I will not see the people giving up super modded super ships I will be really happy to see them whining for the Requin. Really: Requin forum whiners are 90% rich vets unable to pwn anymore freely.

you know mods are not as op as people make them out to be and they don't break the game. What mods do is make bad worse. 

3 minutes ago, no one said:

looks like you never felt the same sensation against flying Bellonas, Wasa StarDestroyers, lightspeed Trincos, mast snipers from 300mt, stern campers to death.

Casual will lose against rich vets if only 2/3v1 and they'll get nothing if 10v1.

At least a Requin is more "democratic". The issue of medium player with a medium ship against a Requin is now pretty simple: learning how to not get smashed 1v1 - and it's douable, but you need to know how to. I UNDERLINE: WITH A NORMAL SHIP.

Against above noted meta ships overmodded you'll have ZERO chances 1v1. ALWAYS ZERO.

AND AGAIN: NERF THE hello kittyING MODS AND THE DAMNED REQUIN WILL BE IMMEDIATELY BALANCED. BUT RICH VETS WILL LOSE THEIR SUPERMODEED 5/5 SHIPS... SO THEY DO NOT WANT.

Dear NoOne: you do not know, but you looks like a poor defending the billionaries against the middle class. Not very smart, really.

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

you know mods are not as op as people make them out to be and they don't break the game. What mods do is make bad worse. 

You're a famed PvPer. You know.

Sail a 3/5 trinco with less than 1mil mods and you will surely win a 1v1, but you'll die 1v3. Honestly, I'd add: AS IT SHOULD BE.

Sail a 5/5 v.fast trinco with 15+ mil mods and you'll win 1v2-3 and you'll run 1v5+

Like as it was with Wasas, like it can be with Bellonas.

Nerf sail force mods, and Requin will be a superbig Privateer unable to catch anything even slightly downwind. But then Bellona (or Inger or Wappen) will not fly anymore at 15+ and some vets will whine a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

You're a famed PvPer. You know.

Sail a 3/5 trinco with less than 1mil mods and you will surely win a 1v1, but you'll die 1v3. Honestly, I'd add: AS IT SHOULD BE.

Sail a 5/5 v.fast trinco with 15+ mil mods and you'll win 1v2-3 and you'll run 1v5+

Like as it was with Wasas, like it can be with Bellonas.

Nerf sail force mods, and Requin will be a superbig Privateer unable to catch anything even slightly downwind. But then Bellona (or Inger or Wappen) will not fly anymore at 15+ and some vets will whine a lot. 

I get what you're getting at but its not like that in reality. A good player can kill 3 idiots in a basic ship but not 2 good players in basic ships with a 5/5 ship. The DPS and hull repairing don't allow it mathematically.  

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

At least a Requin is more "democratic".

Democratic? Really?

Tell me hypocritical. Can you be catch sailing upwind? Nope.

Do you have the speed to catch most prey? Yes 

How much time you need to wait to redeem the next Requin? 1 minute? Or maybe you already have a few in a fleet? That is democratic?

Tell me more son. 

Dear NoOne: you do not know, but you looks like a poor defending the billionaries against the middle class. Not very smart, really.

Falacium ad hominem

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

I get what you're getting at but its not like that in reality. A good player can kill 3 idiots in a basic ship but not 2 good players in basic ships with a 5/5 ship. The DPS and hull repairing don't allow it mathematically.  

Total noobs are out of equation for me. Probably even I can kill a total noob on a frig with a lynx.

I speaking about a NA fun, not hardcore (so no fancy stuff nor plenty gold) with some experience with a some clue/experience. Those, IMO, that are the basin, the foundamentals of any MMO.

Those that would make the game living. Those that will play for long. But probably cant accept to be in 3, with some clues, clearly and simply out geared by another player without any chance to ever draw off the situation in the future.

7 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

NoOne, forgot a point.

Let me having a decent ship spending less than a 1mil and i'll be ready to lose 1/day trying to hunt "fairly" (that's a no-sense, still).

But now hunting alone on a 1mil total worth ship is not fair nor viable: it's a simple suicide.

Change the irony on "decent ship" to a fckn OP ship , and BINGO it is you.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Total noobs are out of equation for me. Probably even I can kill a total noob on a frig with a lynx.

I speaking about a NA fun, not hardcore (so no fancy stuff nor plenty gold) with some experience with a some clue/experience. Those, IMO, that are the basin, the foundamentals of any MMO.

Those that would make the game living. Those that will play for long. But probably cant accept to be in 3, with some clues, clearly and simply out geared by another player without any chance to ever draw off the situation in the future.

So much fun sailing in a ship that can't be sink , killing seals isn't?  it is very easy to understand the kind of person you are. 

Just now, no one said:

Change the irony on "decent ship" to a fckn OP ship , and BINGO it is you.

there was no irony at all. For decent I mean what I tried to use to hunt alone in the past. Like a fir/maho renomee with Gazelle and Spanish (base).

Now it's a plain suicide. And you should know it is. If not: try to come in enemy capitol area with the hunting ship of your choise spending for her also 2 mil. And look how long you'll live.

Just now, no one said:

So much fun sailing in a ship that can't be sink , killing seals isn't?  it is very easy to understand the kind of person you are. 

Excuse me. I lost quite a bunch Requin taking too many risks. So I assure you: she can be sunk.

Seals? I tag anything up to Bellonas... if I have a tactical situation making me thinking it'll be a 1v1. Inside KPR channel I have obviously to prefer lighter ships I can board and sink in a matter of minutes. Being smart is forbidden at the moment?

Seals (2)? I tag anyone. Lietenants and Rear Admirals. Usually I see more courage from the firsts. Or are you saying me that a Commodore on an Agamennon is a seal while sailing a Requin? In this case: take a Requin, and tag a lone Agamennon. Let me know how it will end.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

there was no irony at all. For decent I mean what I tried to use to hunt alone in the past. Like a fir/maho renomee with Gazelle and Spanish (base).

Now it's a plain suicide. And you should know it is. If not: try to come in enemy capitol area with the hunting ship of your choise spending for her also 2 mil. And look how long you'll live.

"Now it's a plain suicide."

And why is that ? Maybe it is because the all the Requins and Hercules in the OW? Oh wait what ship you sail in KPR?

hypocritical.

9 minutes ago, no one said:

Tell me hypocritical. Can you be catch sailing upwind? Nope.

Let me know with which ship (spending less than a gazillion) you think to catch a 5/5 super geared Ingermanland.

Let me know about Requin speed downwind. If you try to run a Requin at beam, it's your fault, not mine.

Let me especially know about Requin speed without any mod... INDEED WHAT I AM CALLING FOR. FOR THE REQUIN AS FOR ANY ALL DAMNED SHIP GETTING TOTALLY OP THANKS TO SOME MODS AND BOOKS.

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Excuse me. I lost quite a bunch Requin taking too many risks. So I assure you: she can be sunk. I bet you have , you only sail in the fckn Requin 24/7. Why is that?

Seals? I tag anything up to Bellonas... if I have a tactical situation making me thinking it'll be a 1v1. Inside KPR channel I have obviously to prefer lighter ships I can board and sink in a matter of minutes. Being smart is forbidden at the moment? Bullshit. My buddies in KPR tell me everything you do there. The moment you see a little challenge you runaway because you know you can't be catch.

Seals (2)? I tag anyone. Lietenants and Rear Admirals. Usually I see more courage from the firsts. Or are you saying me that a Commodore on an Agamennon is a seal while sailing a Requin? In this case: take a Requin, and tag a lone Agamennon. Let me know how it will end. More lies. Tell more hypocritical.

1 minute ago, no one said:

"Now it's a plain suicide."

And why is that ? Maybe it is because the all the Requins and Hercules in the OW? Oh wait what ship you sail in KPR?

hypocritical.

Excuse me. Should I come to KPR or anywhere with a LO/WO (just to be sure to be caught even by a swimming man) Connie? Are you kidding?

Just to be fair. Come with something in front of Habana... and let me know how long you live.

Sidenote: I am not the Dev. I do not created the Requin this way - AND I AM REPEATING THAT SHE NEEDS A REBALANCE LIKE A LOT OF OTHER SHIP AND ESPECIALLY MODS.

Still: something wrong if I use the "meta"? Or only Rich Brits Vets should?

2 minutes ago, no one said:

Excuse me. I lost quite a bunch Requin taking too many risks. So I assure you: she can be sunk. I bet you have , you only sail in the fckn Requin 24/7. Why is that?

Seals? I tag anything up to Bellonas... if I have a tactical situation making me thinking it'll be a 1v1. Inside KPR channel I have obviously to prefer lighter ships I can board and sink in a matter of minutes. Being smart is forbidden at the moment? Bullshit. My buddies in KPR tell me everything you do there. The moment you see a little challenge you runaway because you know you can't be catch.

Seals (2)? I tag anyone. Lietenants and Rear Admirals. Usually I see more courage from the firsts. Or are you saying me that a Commodore on an Agamennon is a seal while sailing a Requin? In this case: take a Requin, and tag a lone Agamennon. Let me know how it will end. More lies. Tell more hypocritical.

a) because I usually hunt alone. So I need a ship able to run from the revenge fleet. I come to get marks, not to give away them.

b) Please define "little challenge" being on a fir requin in enemy safe zone. And if you buddy is a newbie, well, I attacked him too. Like plenty r.admirals.

c) Please get better information. If you want I'll screen you any killings. Better?

8 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Perhaps the answer is to release a new DLC (twice price of Req) that is better than the Req in all ways. 😂

Good one. 😂

As another sidenote: IMO DLC ships should be "ship permits" not ships. Making them free crafted and adding more will ruin more and more the game economy.

Rolling back DLC to permits and not ready ships (that I'd accept) would make adding more DLC ships (permits, again) more viable for the ingame economy on the long run.