Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

why should other ships still be able to?

I do not believe you are blindly protecting the Le Requin cause you have that small baby. No I do not. But I can not understand why you are protecting it so much, 

is 362 crew on a Le Requin seems normal to you ? What is the most crew carried with all the mods on other 6th rate ships ? 

So does it seem normal to you, do you have any idea to correct it ? or should it stay with 362 crew which already killed the SHALLOW NAVAL ACTION gameplay.

btw, "why should other ships still be able to?"  NO other 6th rate is able to...

Edited by AeRoTR

Just now, AeRoTR said:

I do not believe you are blindly protecting the Le Requin cause you have that small baby. No I do not. But I can not understand why you are protecting it so much, 

is 362 crew on a Le Requin seems normal to you ? What is the most crew carried with all the mods on other 6th rate ships ? 

So does it seem normal to you, do you have any idea to correct it ? or should it stay with 362 crew which already killed the SHALLOW NAVAL ACTION gameplay.

Why is it ok to have a 15.5 bellona but its not ok to have a 15.5kn le requin?

Why is it ok to have a 250+ boarding prince but its not ok to have 362 crew le requin?

Why is it ok to escape upwind with a trader lynx but not with a le requin?

Why it is ok to have a 32pd niagara but not a 32pd le requin?

Why is it ok to have a almost full pb fleet of oceans but not a almost full pb fleet of le requins?

I am not protecting the ship actual i am fighting for to make it as it should be. But i hate those claims to balance the ship after mods that could be used instead of balancing those mods in gernal that bvreak the game in so many ways and not only for the le requin.

• Like 3

@z4ys there is no point discussing about this subject with you, have fun in the forum and in the game.

I do agree mods are OP, but this does not mean Le Requin is by any means a normal ship, it is super OP.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

If the Xebec has provoked any discomfort on the established status quo, then i would say it has made justice to its RL counterpart.

No one is against the correctness of ALL ships and that includes the Le Requin.

When ALL ships are part of the same game, ALL ships must be under the same rules.

So if a ship is "broken" because of a mod then ALL ships are broken because of a mod.

The playstyle of the Xebec was done before, with players in the sloops and schooners. Is not new. A pair of Princes could effectively bring down a frigate where the frigate captain was ineffective. Even a pair of Privateers would bring down a Trinc or a Indef. Been there done that.

The Xebec still over performs due to modules but ALL ships do, like speed Bellonas or hugging Belles or upwind L'Hermiones.

The perception that it is a "Problem" is more exacerbated because the ship is not accessible by non-dlc.

So, honestly and comparing to "pre xebec" era where shallow ships did already overpower ppl in zones and did effectively kill frigates - what is wrong with xebec that other ships don't also have broken ?

I tell you - before only the aficionados would grab the "small shitz". They required love for the challenge and fight against odds.

Now no. A Xebec is, globally, equivalent to your run of the mill cruise frigate, it is not "small shitz" so you see a lot of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

Why is it ok to have a 15.5 bellona but its not ok to have a 15.5kn le requin?

Why is it ok to have a 250+ boarding prince but its not ok to have 362 crew le requin?

Why is it ok to escape upwind with a trader lynx but not with a le requin?

Why it is ok to have a 32pd niagara but not a 32pd le requin?

Why is it ok to have a almost full pb fleet of oceans but not a almost full pb fleet of le requins?

I am not protecting the ship actual i am fighting for to make it as it should be. But i hate those claims to balance the ship after mods that could be used instead of balancing those mods in gernal that bvreak the game in so many ways and not only for the le requin.

Because it's humiliating losing a 3/4th rate to a 6th.

Me like you, we are repeting Requin needs a rebalance LIKE GREAT MAJORITY OF SHIPS: too many ships, too many missing a role.

Wanna the list?

Why using a Victory (or a Santissima) in place of L'Ocean? Why using St.Pavel in place of Bucetaure? Why using a 3rd rate in place of Bellona? Why ever using a Connie? Why using a Cerberus? Why using a Frigate? Or an Essex? Not to speak about using an Hercules in place of almost any 5th rate at the moment.

Requin users are repeting all the same: Requin op-ness is a MODS/BOOK ISSUE FAR MORE THE SHIP HERSELF (aside her 6th rate ranking). So she is more the symptom than the disease.

I have still to read the same whiners asking for nerfing flying Bellonas. So I'd ask again: why 15+ kts Bellonas are ok and Requins no?

What's weird I do not remember the same outrage for Wasas spaceships of one year ago.

And the were far more OP than Requin now.

The funniest party is that having a decent Requin is REALLY EASY: you need 10 bucks and 1 400k Perm (pirate refit).

So it's in the end FAR MORE "DEMOCRATIC" than those Wasas (requiring super rare and expensive copper plating, 30pvp marks for the ship and fancy books to be that OP).

Can some heavy whiners replay to a part, at least, of my questions?

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
Typos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

@z4ys there is no point discussing about this subject with you, have fun in the forum and in the game.

I do agree mods are OP, but this does not mean Le Requin is by any means a normal ship, it is super OP.

As usual missing the point like broadsides.

Without pirate refit Requin is a big Prince going 12kts at broad reach!

So she is not by herself super OP. Any square rigged would be faster downwind.

N-time: Requin is the symptom not the disease.

Moreover Requin underlines far more than others terrible levels of skills of a lot of captains.

When people is unable to resist a push to wind at broad reach on an Endy, it's their fault. If people NEVER get boarding ready against a Requin is their fault. If people dont use barricades and boarding axes is their fault. If people use counter-attack without boarding mods and with less crew is their fault.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GhastlyGhost said:

and lower sailors number

7 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Or at least restrict Le Requin to "can not have any hammocks mod or skill book" yet even 250 is too many. 

It is important to understand that hard stats can't be changed  and historical she had 245 crew so  nothing can't be done about that.

And because she haves the 9 pd cannons she gets the option to have 32 pd carronades. There is nothing that can't be done about that. It is the game mechanics.

Also you can't suggest the ship to not have some upgrades or skills.  You can't change the game mechanics to just one ship. This is not world of warships and ships gimmicks.  

Some important aspects you can as example to suggest are:

-  Change the sailing profile to make her have an hard time chasing anyone downwind , except traders. This way the same way Requin can runaway sailing upwind the others can run from the Requin  sailing downwind.

- Change the hp and armor thickness, in the sides, masts.

- Make the crew more vulnerable to gun fire.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:59 AM, Intrepido said:

My proposal to balance this ship:

-Much weaker masts.

-Way less sail HP

- 24lb carros instead of 32.

-Extra damage to crew from any type of cannon fire (ball, charge, grape...)

- Not able to equip crew upgrades or skilbooks.

-Less thickness.

Honestly make it a 5th rate and it fixes most of these problems.  We did it with the Herc why can’t ee do it with this ship?  If any thing let us test it as a. 5th rate just to see if that helps.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, Revenant said:

Repair and revive of the crew and ship, instantly or almost.

Do you even play the game?  Instant crew back was change ages ago.  It takes for ever to get crew back with rum now.  That is not a problem.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Dear @admin, the requin is simply an "incorrect" ship! Why? It is the only ship that can attack at will, even in reinforcement zones, and decide when to fight and when to retire at will, without anyone being able to do anything about it! The reinforcement zones are packed with "heroes" in their requins that instantaneously board the new players, with the result that they lose interest in the game and leave it prematurely! When it happens that they meet some more experienced captain then they  ask for a "fair" duel, allowing them to be faced with a 5th rate! How kind they are! And here the joke! The battle is simple, the requin tries to bring the 5th rate crew down and try to demolishes the sails to be able to board easily! The 5th rate chain trying to decrease maneuverability and then attempt the demast (rather difficult to tell the truth). Two results: the requin succeeds in his intent and he approaches the 5th rate (nothing to object has been better!). The 5th rate manages to demast the requin, and here the reason why this ship is "unfair" and OP. By te way the requin repairs and flies upwind! Battle over! So it is a ship with exceptional features (it is OP for so many reasons) and the best of these features is that it can not in fact be sunk (P2W)! Does it seem correct? I hope you devs want to answer this question honestly! Thank you.

• Like 3

Just to understand better ... privateers linxes princes have all the incredible sailing profile of le requin? Can they be fitted wirh 32pd carronades? Do they  have 375 crew on board? Do they sail at 14.5 knt from 45 to 150? Just to know ... this time you decided to defend the indefensible and I'm sad about that. I love this game, it's the only one I want to play atm, but these requins, and in part these hercs too, are boring me! We have so many beautiful ships available, but since a couple of months ago they almost all become useless! Too bad because I would have gladly bought many aesthetic DLCs to help the development of the game, but I will not buy anymore DLCs P2W ships, they are demolishing the game for a few pennies (considering the potential to make cash in many other ways). I hope that someone puts a hand on the conscience and remedies before it's too late!

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

So it is a ship with exceptional features (it is OP for so many reasons) and the best of these features is that it can not in fact be sunk (P2W)! Does it seem correct? I hope you devs want to answer this question honestly! Thank you.

891158107_pORTBATTLEoRCHILA.thumb.png.c4e049967a5b1d06c1140d84c6e4a277.png

@MassimoSud What's that?!? 2 Sunken Le Requins? And the best part; this was before they were nerfed... It only takes 1 broadside to sink one, put 6 leaks into it and it will sink almost immediately like any 6th rate. It's sailing profile just gives it the ability to sail really close to the wind but in a bigger ship than a lynx or privateer.

It is NOT overpowered and if you cannot deal with it yourself I suggest you start practicing more...

Only thing that I suggest as a change is to give it 24Pd Carros instead of 32Pd (Or stay historically accurate and only let it have 6Pd or 9Pd cannons, as I believe they almost never carried Carronades)

Edited by Abraham van Riebeeck

8 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

...  have 375 crew on board? Do they sail at 14.5 knt from 45 to 150?

Mod + Mod = Mod² All real issues you discribe are related to mods and effect any ship.

Massimo, apart from the shot weight and crew numbers they are even better at points of sail.

Timber by timber, modules aside and encyclopedias aside, there's not a single ship that is kill all.

The option to disengage at will is nothing new or have we all forgotten the Surprise in its glory days ?

Are we even playing the same game for all these years ?

Anyone can disengage the xebec now, going downwind. Anyone can sink it and anyone can deny it the boarding. Include mistakes are made all the time in here.

Most battles will end in a "draw" because the raider will disengage if faced with strong opposition but that has been the same since forever.

What is a speed frigate or speed 74 gun ship if not a ship that has the option to be fast to attack when he wants and possibly run away when he wants ?

Sorry, there were issues with the Xebec that were fixed, and there is a tiny weenie issue i'm still pursuing but definitely all the problems you present ARE NOT ship related but MOD and ENCYclopedia related and affects ALL ships, not only one.

I think his main point is this needs not to be a P2W game, we all fled those to come here! I have no problem paying for paints or ship customization. Things that don't fundamentally change the game.

Hell we even discussed that donating to the dev team is better than buying super troll ships. ill give $1 if they don't do more ship dlc respawn every 24hr bs.

Edited by pit
  • Like 4

@MassimoSud Greetings.

You described mainly a couple of our clashes. About asking "fair" duels, I would underline that related mocking comes replying to a dozen frigs hunting a single Requin and trying (infinite times) to taunt me calling me coward.

That said, as well noted, the hit and run tactic is old as history (and NA: speedmeta FTW). And it is the only reasonable way to hunt alone (both safety wise and potential gain per time wise). Why boarding (damned nerfed now in defender favour: buffed brace, barricade, DD perk - would you like to remember how easier 1 year ago?)? Because in a safe zone time matters: boarding is the fastest way to kill a ship.

I raided MT on Global the same way with a Renomee for months. And without fancy books or stuff.

Requin is better at it. Plain and simple. I would like to try raiding on a shooner or again on a Renomee. But it is not working at the moment. And not my fault.

Is Requin better as hull or due to mods? Do you know that a light Requin running with the wind speed is like 8/9 kts? Without pirate even at broad reach she cant get over 12.

A fast 5/5 Wappen is deadly with super mods (Privateer docet). Try to use one 3/5 without spending a gazillion: almost un-usable.

So we get in the same point: the problem are mods, not ship. The Requin again is the symptom, not the disease.

When rich vets like you would give up 15+ kts. Bellonas able to hunt down fast frigates I will gladly give up Requin and raid on square rigged ships again too.

• Like 3

First fight I had against the Xebec was against Licinio. Ended in a draw. Xebec versus Hercules. Was truly epic, given my average at best performance in NA in general.

But... invading the OW battles in zone makes the xebec be the "rage ship of the month" when any other ship can do the same. I suggested changes regarding this.

@MassimoSud

A couple more notes.

Get back to 1 repair per kind per battle.

And magically you'll see all raiders disengaging at the first bad hit at sails or hull.

Or may be do some rich vet dislike the idea of losing a shiny 5/5 at the first error?

Then cancel Enterprise like crew teleport in OW. And magically all boarders will able to stand one/two battles before returning home.

As a last note. I got back a Niagara and finishing to train her to try raiding with her (I wished a xebec, I got an OP one, but usually I never sailed the meta ship: never leveled the Trinco - used Endymion, still at 4 books on Surprise - I used the Renomee, still at 4 book with Bellona - and used a true lot the Connie.

I did some tests on Niagara... And almost surely she is not usable: too slow with today metas (Requin, Hercules, Bellona,...).

So what should I do? Coming to KPR ti get sunk in a PVP marks give away? Farm AIs? Or use the best solution at the moment?

You. What would you do?