Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

Dear Testers.

You are cordially invited to test the Le Requin Xebec that will be one of the first premium ships in NA (It will also be receivable by other means in game). 

t0XfNr0.jpg

Ship will be provided as a redeemable that you can claim from today 8th June 2018 until 11th June 2018 13-00 kiev time (until maintenance).
If you claim the redeemable the ship will appear in your dock and you can keep it until you lose it. But you must claim the redeemable before 11th june 13-00 kiev time to get it. If you do not claim it before 11th redeemable will disappear. More on timed redeemables below*.

Please provide feedback on the 

• Visuals and visual bugs and improvements
  • Sailing qualities
  • Yard management (we are testing new proper spanker curves and sail model)
  • Combat performance
  • Other things like hold etc
  • Provide suggestions on what you would change to make this ship interesting 

Known issues
1) fire shock  burns the whole sail - due to no yards - its just one sail - historical but it is dangerous to sail (we plan to give more fire control upgrades to counter that)
2) Sail furling - due to no intermediary states of sail plan you have to use yards to slow down faster, it will be fixed next patch (same problem exists on the gunboat) 

* ps. we added timed redeemables in the last patch. They are common to the industry and allow devs to encourage players to take action to receive something and keep database a bit less cluttered. 

• Timed redeemables will be used for limited testing, seasonal gifts and other items that needs to be given to everyone across all servers.
  • Eternal redeemables logic also remained and will be used for replacements and compensations

• Like 27

Patrick O'Brian - 100 Days, Great action review of such ships. Can't wait to test it. 

Pros:

-Fast Upwind

-High Maneuverability up wind

-Low Profile

-Large Boarding party

Cons:

-Fragile and can't sustain long damage from a frigate

-Easy to put on Fire or blow up by large guns.

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gringo69rus said:

а как получить его в русской части форума? или можно здесь оставить заявку? ник в игре Gringo69

не надо заявку
она появится в редимах в ближайшее время

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah only logged in one of the guys but none listed I'll check the main.  Maybe have to shut down steam and open it back up?

She will appear in redeems soon.. within 1 hour

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

She will appear in redeems soon.. within 1 hour

lol I was trying to do my time zone math to see if that might be the problem.  Than that means I'll go head to bed and check it out after I get up. Been waiting on this little fellow to hit the seas for a good time now.

cant wait to see the yard animation. But shouldnt one of the sails be on the other mast side? I mean current display is not wrong but rigged for a specific wind.

Edited by z4ys

Is it possible to not have such an extremely short window to claim these limited redeemables? I am currently on a trip with no access to a computer and have been looking forward to testing this ship from the moment it was spotted hiding in the corner of a different ship's teaser.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Shallow draft, like most xebecs, for sure.

It's a 5th rate and is deep water.  One of our guys open it on an alt to test and it's stuck in shallow port...lol  Any one notice the 11 Rate cannons on front?  It has four of the swivels lol

• Like 1

Really thanks for putting it "bam!" out of nowhere, when I can't even see what kind of ship is that.

Accidentaly made it Fir/Crew Space, which will basically mean I'm gonna scrap it probably. 

No testing for me O.o

• Like 1

So a quick screen for folks this is on my crafter since he has no combat perks and wanted to test the middle ground (he has the most dock space too).  That is no guns as Teak/Teak.

C1C810E9CE8FEF7CE7F7CF23FFAAAE6F2C8A4ABA

It's Cannons are:

6-9/4-8 Lower deck

11-11/- Front (swivels)

8-9/8-8 Back

Ok guys hope that helps you pick what you want to test.  Remember it's a deep water 5th rate so do not open it in shallows unless you want to pay for the tow.  It also currently has 80 BR.

3 minutes ago, O. J. Kosznicki said:

Wait... Where the hell am I supposed to get "class 11" chasers? O.O

Store as you can't craft them in the workshop.  They should be plenty in just about any port.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maturin said:

Shallow-er, not Shallow by NA standards.

We will adjust this after initial basic feedback is in. It of course should able to sail in the bahamas, but this will let her enter shallow water port battles. We are unsure about it, but of course slight buff of advanced 6th rates will make it work. 

Rage boarding beast.

Recommended La Requin fit: 

Armor HP mods, Sail HP mods, Boarding mods, Crew Mods, Speed mods, reload(small guns).

Get close fast, point bow/side angle when fired upon. Stern camp with rakes and rage board. Do not go side to side and avoid side/stern damage at all cost, you will sink fast. 

High DPS will help you tear down sails and damage enemy's maneuverability.

Fighting 18 Pound guns or higher leave you with very little mistake room. This ship is for solo privateers, those who mastered tag angles and like challenge against large frigates. La Requin will eat light frigates for breakfast and should be N1 ship to hunt traders with the right wind. 

This ship could be a nice addition to a light gank fleet ex. Prince, Herc, La Requin.

La Requin vs Cerberus 

Speed                             13.49 vs 12.80                 (Get close fast, put more speed mods, sail raise speed mods)

Turn                                4.60 vs 3.82                    (Use maneuverability to cause damage to sails/crew, put more turn mods)

Side HP                          2800 vs 3145                (Thickness 46 vs 57) (Optional, since you rage board and taking damage with bow, use teak)

Structure HP                 1400 vs 1573                 (needs protection)

Sails HP                         2800 vs 3145                 (Thickness 72 vs 103) (Needs mods to boost sail HP)

Crew                               250 vs 195                      (The more the merrier). 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, admin said:

We will adjust this after initial basic feedback is in. It of course should able to sail in the bahamas, but this will let her enter shallow water port battles. We are unsure about it, but of course slight buff of advanced 6th rates will make it work. 

I was talking about Wasa, which naturally should not be a shallow ship.

I don't know what Requin's draft was IRL.