Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

1 hour ago, admin said:

Dear Testers.

You are cordially invited to test the Le Requin Xebec that will be one of the first premium ships in NA (It will also be receivable by other means in game). 

t0XfNr0.jpg

Ship will be provided as a redeemable that you can claim from today 8th June 2018 until 11th June 2018 13-00 kiev time (until maintenance).
If you claim the redeemable the ship will appear in your dock and you can keep it until you lose it. But you must claim the redeemable before 11th june 13-00 kiev time to get it. If you do not claim it before 11th redeemable will disappear. More on timed redeemables below*.

Please provide feedback on the 

• Visuals and visual bugs and improvements
  • Sailing qualities
  • Yard management (we are testing new proper spanker curves and sail model)
  • Combat performance
  • Other things like hold etc
  • Provide suggestions on what you would change to make this ship interesting 

Known issues
1) fire shock  burns the whole sail - due to no yards - its just one sail - historical but it is dangerous to sail (we plan to give more fire control upgrades to counter that)
2) Sail furling - due to no intermediary states of sail plan you have to use yards to slow down faster, it will be fixed next patch (same problem exists on the gunboat) 

* ps. we added timed redeemables in the last patch. They are common to the industry and allow devs to encourage players to take action to receive something and keep database a bit less cluttered. 

• Timed redeemables will be used for limited testing, seasonal gifts and other items that needs to be given to everyone across all servers.
  • Eternal redeemables logic also remained and will be used for replacements and compensations

nice can you at least give us rates of other two premium ships?

33 minutes ago, admin said:

We will adjust this after initial basic feedback is in. It of course should able to sail in the bahamas, but this will let her enter shallow water port battles. We are unsure about it, but of course slight buff of advanced 6th rates will make it work. 

does it really matter, as Hercules the 6th rate terminator can enter the shallow port battles ?

Could I get several of these? (Is she tradeable between players).

I'd like to test her as an harassment ship vs the daily Bellona visits we daily have off Fort-Royal. For sure I'll lose her soon!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, admin said:

We will adjust this after initial basic feedback is in. It of course should able to sail in the bahamas, but this will let her enter shallow water port battles. We are unsure about it, but of course slight buff of advanced 6th rates will make it work. 

39 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Hercules still looks stronger than Xebec. You should make both of them 100 BR.

Initial stat comparison to me seems the Herc is definitely stronger...

@Banished Privateer we had a few british use their hercs in the shallow port battles against the US nation. They got sunk.

36 minutes ago, maturin said:

I was talking about Wasa, which naturally should not be a shallow ship.

I don't know what Requin's draft was IRL.

Xebex (Requin) 2.6 Surprise 3.9 Wasa 5.5
Meters
Bellona 6.55
Wasa 5.5
Cerberus 4
Surprise 3.9
Hercules 3.6
Xebec 2.6

Xebec of course needs to be able to join shallow water battles. we just did not want to open it right from the start

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, admin said:

I think it would fit in much better as a 6th rate or shallow water 5th rate.  I did a few test runs against AI's in the casual users hands it's going to be hard to fight bigger ships.  Of course in a Veteran players hands it can be a great solo harasser and hunter.   It feels very much like the Niagara on firepower and such. I only ran long 9's on it so far.

40 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Hercules still looks stronger than Xebec. You should make both of them 100 BR.

Hercules was 100 BR before it was released. I strongly think it should go back to this BR.  It can be the king of shallow OW fights, but it needs to stay out of Shallow water PB's or make it cost way more even if it can come into them.  Shallows are currently 50-80 BR to enter with deep being 80+ (unless that changed).  This will allow the Hercules to be in OW and deep water, but not rule shallows.  The Le Requin feels like it can fit right in with the Niagara (almost same set up gun wise) at 80 BR.  

35 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Better than 80, no? Hercules is very hard to control. We should test it at 100 BR. Hercules has massive heel and stupid firerate, makes it hard to use the ship.

I'm all for this it needs to be at 100BR for sure. I think it's part of the reason many folks don't even look at the shallows right now. They know folks will use it for sure for defence PB"s.

9 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If it's terminator, why people don't use it in PBs? Maybe they are scared... I've seen only a couple of US players is it so far and Prussia.

I think it's mainly it's rare,, you loose it once it's sunk and well we have a standing order for Defence PB's only.   Though we have sunk a few without using other Hercs too.  We kinda figured out how to take them down if you got enough guys to team up on them.

29 minutes ago, Callaghan92 said:

i didnt think they would, but i was just going by what admin answered to my question on whether jib sail force bonus would in fact effect it or not.

It should but it does not.
We will fix it soon.. we just need to add a lateen sail bonus to all refits that give bonuses to staysails.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hercules was 100 BR before it was released. I strongly think it should go back to this BR.  It can be the king of shallow OW fights, but it needs to stay out of Shallow water PB's or make it cost way more even if it can come into them. 

We need to buff advanced 6th rates, hercules MUST NOT be the only king of shallows

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:
Xebex (Requin) 2.6 Surprise 3.9 Wasa 5.5
Meters
Bellona 6.55
Wasa 5.5
Cerberus 4
Surprise 3.9
Hercules 3.6
Xebec 2.6

Xebec of course needs to be able to join shallow water battles. we just did not want to open it right from the start

With us limit to one for right now, give it a week and maybe open it up to shallows.  We will do a test of a shallow port battle if folks want.  We have several ports with no timers we would be more than willing to do a weekend port battle.

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why they got sunk? I thought you claimed the ship is a terminator 🤔

Well if I rememenber it was like 25 vs 16 or something....lol  We brought almost all Hercs.  I know french (EU) lost a few too.   They brought two when they attacked our port and one blew up the other had a ball of 6-8 Hercs on it.   Though I would love to see an equal number of them fight each other straight up.

11 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

What is the purpose of the 4x 2lb "chaser" guns since it can not load chain, please?

Looking at the point blank pen on the 2 pounder I imagine taking fire from them will be quite devastating, easy when pursuing 

1 minute ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Looking at the point blank pen on the 2 pounder I imagine taking fire from them will be quite devastating, easy when pursuing

Haven't tested it yet myself but having used the guns on the LGVR, I'd imagine it to be quite underwhelming since it is only 4... I hope you are right however.

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Haven't tested it yet myself but having used the guns on the LGVR, I'd imagine it to be quite underwhelming since it is only 4... I hope you are right however.

*meant to say raking fire

10 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

What is the purpose of the 4x 2lb "chaser" guns since it can not load chain, please?

It's a good question. Perhaps they should for gameplay purposes. Historically we could not find references of small chained balls used on ships.

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

It's a good question. Perhaps they should for gameplay purposes. Historically we could not find references of small chained balls used on ships.

I believe the 2 pounder can shoot "Fire Arrows" (barbed and coated in flammable material and used to set fire to sails).  Something a Xebec might carry...

• Like 3

Just now, Capn Rocko said:

Wouldn't a simple solution be to make the chasers 4pd instead? 

When I was loading the cannons I thought this too or have the option for either.  I did notice that if you get behind a ship it will pen and kill crew, without destroying the rear armor, but if I"m that close I'll just use ball or grape normally.  The range on it is the worse part as it's useless past 200M

Also the sails only have FULl or none optoin.  You can click battle sails but it does nothing.  There should be some other options for sails cause it's a pain to stop or slow down the ship. If I'm creapping up on some one I should be able to give the ship partial sails to slow down it's speed if needed.

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When I was loading the cannons I thought this too or have the option for either.  I did notice that if you get behind a ship it will pen and kill crew, without destroying the rear armor, but if I"m that close I'll just use ball or grape normally.  The range on it is the worse part as it's useless past 200M

Also the sails only have FULl or none optoin.  You can click battle sails but it does nothing.  There should be some other options for sails cause it's a pain to stop or slow down the ship. If I'm creapping up on some one I should be able to give the ship partial sails to slow down it's speed if needed.

I have yet to test the ship yet (at work atm) does the ship have control perk? If not that could be another solution. 

2 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I have yet to test the ship yet (at work atm) does the ship have control perk? If not that could be another solution. 

I haven't checked it with any players yet, but it shouldn't cause it has the cannons on front.  The AI"s well they where AI's after all so anything within range keeps them in fight.  Though good thing to ask if they keep the 2lb's on.