Game-Labs Forum
Sir Hethwill the RedDuke

Boris Belov, the musician. DiD ( dead is dead ) career / start 1941

Reckon most simmers around here might have spent time or not in the BoX univers. If not, well, have fun - https://il2sturmovik.com/

In any case, and putting aside all the great fun in the online wars ( mainly coconut servers but also a timid foray into taw ) the single player career is just phenomenal in many aspects ( with issues like it befits all games. )

So without further addo  let me present you to Boris Belov :)

• Like 2

I have IL2: 1946, even though it's older, the dynamic campaign is really something special for anyone who thoroughly enjoys flight sims. Few games match the feeling fighting through all the operations, flying formations, racking up kills, advancing rank, leading your squadron on different missions from bombing ground targets to an emergency scramble to protect your airfield from an incoming attack. It's so great that it gives you the full pilot experience, even getting injured or shot down could sit you out for part of the war unless you bail out over allied territory.

It's almost as good as WWII:online, where literally every mission you do is against enemy air, armor, infantry, even navy all done by other players on a 1/2 scale map of the western front. Something about flying combat operations is just so much more thrilling when you're fighting other players on the ground and in the air.

• Like 1

I love that game, im in an active wing who are dedicated to made historic missions, thats very funny and inmersive.

I have the first IL2 sturmovik, the IL2 1946 and now the Stalingrad and the Moscow. The pity is that Kuban no longer sell it on Steam. Will they put it on Steam this summer? As for the simulator there was a before and after with the exit of the IL2 sturmovik in 2001. And if you add the ULTRAPACK and other MODS is a wonderful madness. See you in the sky of holy Russia.

• Like 1

Va a ser que no; he probado el BOS y gráficamente es mejor, pero en jugabilidad es mucho peor, porque los aviones rusos ahora son super aviones y los del bando del eje son una porquería, les han rebajado las características de tal manera que se han cargado el juego.

It will be not; I have tried the BOS and graphically it is better, but in gameplay it is much worse, because the Russian planes are now super airplanes and those of the side of the axis are crap, they have reduced the characteristics in such a way that they have loaded the game.

The change of the game from one year to this has been huge, in campaign etc. let's hope the naval goes the same way.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet

Pepe, the top 10% fighter pilots aces across TAW, Coconut and WoL servers do fly ALL aiplanes, soviet and axis. They are really good and a example to follow and learn if you really put yourself into becoming a better than average fighter pilot. Easy to blame the tools. But that discussion does not belong here :) 

Remember, not every pilot is a fighter pilot. You cannot win a online war with fighters only - VVS proves this over and over but things evolved lately and plenty of attacker and bomber axis squadrons showing up and actually winning scenarios. ( hopefully in Na would be the same, can't win a war with SOLs or schooners only )

So no idea what to tell you. I am having great fun. And further down the road comes Pacific, and that friend is the pinnacle of my air combat sim interest. naval and air o7

For now, let's see how Boris evolves. The AI routines are well developed and make the entire sorties very credible ( at least in dense frontline setup )

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

the dynamic campaign is really something special 

Totally agree. And I think: a dynamic campaign would not come easily to the naval action? for example:

Campaign of Egypt: two sides, France versus Great Britain.
campaign 1800-1805: Franco-Spanish side versus Great Britain.
1812 campaign: USA versus Great Britain.

Regards!!!

Let's hope they fix that soon Pepe. Greetings.

11 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Totally agree. And I think: a dynamic campaign would not come easily to the naval action? for example:

Campaign of Egypt: two sides, France versus Great Britain.
campaign 1800-1805: Franco-Spanish side versus Great Britain.
1812 campaign: USA versus Great Britain.

Regards!!!

In a historical way? Not anytime soon. But in a way where mechanics allow for what plays like a campaign on the map like an expansion to RVR to include more logistics, could be sooner that you expect, who knows :)

That's why I like flying in WWII:online. The battles aren't set up to be historical but the setting is accurate enough to where these campaigns happen on their own without backdrop. NA in the same fashion would be just perfect, but like this game it needs more players!

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Sigo diciendo que los aviones de uno de los bandos no están bien recreados en cuanto al rendimiento que tenían; eso no ocurría en el IL2, 46 o en el Clift of Dover; por eso no me gusta ese juego, le reduce la jugabilidad, creo que es un error. Para mí carece de interés un producto que favorece a uno de los bandos respecto al otro. El escuadrón al que pertenezco tiene más de 300 miembros activos, el BoS lo han comprado el 25% y ya solamente lo juegan 8 personas, y conozco otros escuadrones en los que pasa lo mismo. Es algo parecido a lo que ocurre en el NA, las cartas mágicas transforman a un jugador mediocre en uno normal o bueno, y qué hace el mediocre cuando se ve invencible, perseguir novatos y regodearse en ello; consecuencia, la gente abandona el juego, pero aquí hay más causas.

I keep saying that the airplanes of one of the sides are not well recreated in terms of the performance they had; that did not happen in the IL2, 46 or in the Clift of Dover; that's why I do not like that game, it reduces the gameplay, I think it's a mistake. For me, there is no interest in a product that favors one side over the other. The squadron to which I belong has more than 300 active members, the BoS has bought it 25% and now only 8 people play it, and I know other squads in which the same thing happens. It is something similar to what happens in the NA, magical cards transform a mediocre player into a normal or good one, and what the mediocre player does when he looks invincible, pursue novices and gloat over it; Consequently, people abandon the game, but here there are more causes.

• Like 3

Fair enough. I'm no fighter pilot, prefer attackers, but did go against myself when I decided to make Boris a member of a pursuit squadron :)

In the end, it is all about fun, not egowars. Gladly no one is forced to play whatever game.

8 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

I have the first IL2 sturmovik, the IL2 1946 and now the Stalingrad and the Moscow. The pity is that Kuban no longer sell it on Steam. Will they put it on Steam this summer? As for the simulator there was a before and after with the exit of the IL2 sturmovik in 2001. And if you add the ULTRAPACK and other MODS is a wonderful madness. See you in the sky of holy Russia.

its enough when you have BoS on steam. You can buy Kuban on their page (its even cheaper and they have more special offers than on steam). Just make sure you use the same login (account). When you launch BoS through steam even kuban is unlocked. That is due to the fact that game is always at max available content but plane access is restricted by acc login.

Edited by z4ys

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

its enough when you have BoS on steam. You can buy the Kuban on their page (its even cheaper and they have more special offers than on steam). Just make sure you use the same login (account). When you launch BoS through steam even kuban is unlocked. That is due to the fact that game is always at max available content but plane access is restricted by acc login.

Thanks a lot z4ys.

• Like 1