Game-Labs Forum
Mrgoldstein

[Caribbean] the state of pvp

32 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Sounds good but I have a lot of noobie friends and we play a lot. How about a 8 v 16 basic mods, and enough repairs to regen health for sails or hull many times, but you can only use a total of 3 repairs, whether it be 2 sails and 1 hull or 3 hull and 0 sails. It's your choice :) 

Then we can get an idea how much repairs effect skill.

Aside from the fact I beat Raxius, the guy the US sucks sea rocks for now in a 1v1 frigate duel, I, as many others have taken a well deserved break from the game while waiting for some uplifting content to drop. Besides that when I am playing I regularly fight above my belt and I'm no stranger to winning against the odds.

Everything else you said is a outright lie and you should probably stop repeating what a few salty people say about me. If you want screenies just ask B)

Actually a lot of us have bet him.  Him and his guys honestly aren't that good so your not saying that much.  As you put right now a lot of folks are taking time off, so that is why he's having easy pickings on noobs and casuals.  As for your reputation I'm only speaking from what I seen on here, Global and the current server man.  Actions speak louder than words. I seen you show up in a SOL port battle with frigates and than run as soon as trouble start over and over so yah I do know a bit about you.

24 minutes ago, Aster said:

@Sir Texas Sir Strange because I remember a few month ago we went to CSA ts and offered to be nice and open up ports so US players can get the woods they need and you and other CSA members essentially told us you had a very powerful fleet and were not going to negotiate unless we just gave you the ports back. Needless to say you still do not own the port and your nation mates suffer because of it. Remember when CSA was the US nation and what you said goes. So grow a spine and do something about it.

Also the port is open and US players do buy wood out of it, I remember before we took the port there was still no wood for sale in ctown most of the time. We actually took to selling the wood in ctown for a while. Anyway the port is open and wood is available they just refuse to buy it there, cant force a horse to drink I guess. There is 400 LO sitting there right now as of this post.

Actually the deal WO offered us was Ays (a useless port to us) if we won't attack any of your ports for a month. We to told you San Augs or nothing for us to not attack your ports for a month.  Than yall cam back offering up San Mateo for a month of not being attacked.  Again we said no and you threaten with timers and put them in 1am+ timers cause of it.  So what that is the past ya'll haven't took a port from us since either so it's not like you have much better RvR fleet either, your just good at killing casuals and newbs.  One can say we are a bit of a stalemate on the ports and have been for a every long time.  No one wants to stay up that late to take a port.  I keepy hearing ya'll will drop one of the timers to a normal time over and over cause you think we are avoiding fights, well when will ya'll drop that timer?  Still waiting on it to happen and remember if it's a useless prot half way down the coast we won't care about it.  San Mateo is a useless port until we get San Agustin back.  Put San Agustin in a proper timer and lets have a good brawl and see how well we all do in a true big PB?

As for ports with LO actually San Sebastion, Ayamonte are sitting on tons of LO, that isn't he problem is' the WO.  Peopel don't want to go past enemy ports and get ganked by half the french/Prussian navy (and a few pirates) so they stay home and in the "NOT" safe zones and get ganked there instead.  Like you said you can't force folks to do things.  That is why the said stalemate above mention.  Why would folks go buy from you when they are 99% sure to be ganked/jumped before they even get to the port or home with the woods?  Yes a few folks make the run during the off hours, but that isn't the majority of the players

Funny thing you bring up the woods, one of Rax's guys I think it was Dragon or one of the others was complaining about how high Teak was in CT.  The guy getting the teak was getting it in Bermuda and bringing it into the port and saleing it at very marked up prices.  That a long trip.  Well all they had to do to get Teak between 250-350 a log (instead of 1K+) was go to Harbour Island, but like you said you can't force folks and majority of them are lazy and want every thing given to them.

No ports are taken because we don't care to take them, we hold the valuable ports and could care less about the others they are just extra costs. Although Rax did just take san Sebastian, and I wouldn't put it past him to take ayamonte ether so I guess the choice will be made sooner rather then later. Also we did drop the timer on san mateo to a timer that was requested and it still was not attacked for weeks.

Anyway the ports can be yours for the low low price of one spine to take it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Aster said:

Also we did drop the timer on san mateo to a timer that was requested and it still was not attacked for weeks.

It wasn't attacked for weeks because it wasn't set to a reasonable timer and the first few days we didn't even have a chance since you guys set Agustin right after Mateo. 

1. April 6th - First day Mateo can be attacked, San Agustin is attacked. PB is set for the next day.
  2. April 9th-19th -  03:00-06:00/02:00-05:00 for Mateo
  3. Since April 20th both san agu and mateo have been at 05:00-08:00

You had ports set to reasonable timers for JUST 11 DAYS. So Many weeks...

So much revisionist history from you guys.

Edited by koiz

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Remember that Raxius and his clan by switching nations lost all of their "Lord Protectors". I'm sure they want to take 2-3 ports to have a source of victory marks.

That fine he gets the shallow port and the deep water one, that still only one point per guy a week so only one 1st rate each.  Good for them.   Like I said we had no plans for a few weeks now to defend anything south of Cabo.  If he leaves it open timer than I"m sure one of the other clans might try to take it, but hay more power for them.  Also there is a whole group of Spanish ports and other nations ports he can take for the easy pickings if he wants marks, you know cause he went over there to fight the Spanish too and break up that alliance. lol

23 minutes ago, koiz said:

It wasn't attacked for weeks because it wasn't set to a reasonable timer and the first few days we didn't even have a chance since you guys set Agustin right after Mateo. 

1. April 6th - First day Mateo can be attacked, San Agustin is attacked. PB is set for the next day.
  2. April 9th-19th -  03:00-06:00/02:00-05:00 for Mateo
  3. Since April 20th both san agu and mateo have been at 05:00-08:00

0300 is 10 pm for me that is not a reasonable time cause by time you get the port flipped and PB ready it's prob going to be midnight and I'm CST that is even later for East coast guys, might be fine for the west coast but we really don't have a lot of guys from the west coast that i know of.

1 hour ago, koiz said:

35 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

0300 is 10 pm for me that is not a reasonable time cause by time you get the port flipped and PB ready it's prob going to be midnight and I'm CST that is even later for East coast guys, might be fine for the west coast but we really don't have a lot of guys from the west coast that i know of.

You know how you sound guys? Like two old Muppets complaining about everything and nothing...

1 hour ago, Aster said:

Anyway the ports can be yours for the low low price of one spine to take it.

It's too high of a price. You should just abandon it so they can attack it whenever they want and maybe win the fight against the AI ships defending it. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Sounds good but I have a lot of noobie friends and we play a lot. How about a 8 v 16 basic mods, and enough repairs to regen health for sails or hull many times, but you can only use a total of 3 repairs, whether it be 2 sails and 1 hull or 3 hull and 0 sails. It's your choice :)

If you play a lot and you have a commander, are those still noobs? :)

You may organize 16, but I can organize probably 3-4. We can try 4 vs 8. What ships and woods? :) What time and place? 

It shouldn't differ from a result of 4 vs 8 with mods, which is also not certain - depending of what you mean by a noob. Eg. when we were fighting with noobs from WO 6 of us vs 8 of them, we lost on modded ships :)

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

You know how you sound guys? Like two old Muppets complaining about everything and nothing...

It's too high of a price. You should just abandon it so they can attack it whenever they want and maybe win the fight against the AI ships defending it. :D

Correcting bullshit isn't complaining. 

Those ports open at 1:00am our time, its not about cost its about getting people to stay up two nights in a row to take a port. I know some of you guys are kids and have limited responsibilities but the fact in the matter that's not the case for most of us.

Edited by koiz

The Brits and the Americans that do this coast guard thing, are just screwing themselves. They learn nothing from it because the only fights they get in is 20 vs 4. You learn nothing by just ganking and chasing people for an hour. 

Until they move away from this stupid concept, they will always be mediocre players. Some of them have thousands of hours in the game and still fight like they bought the game last week.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

The Brits and the Americans that do this coast guard thing, are just screwing themselves. They learn nothing from it because the only fights they get in is 20 vs 4. You learn nothing by just ganking and chasing people for an hour. 

Until they move away from this stupid concept, they will always be mediocre players. Some of them have thousands of hours in the game and still fight like they bought the game last week.

If you note where most of the green zone action is in the game it is in the British/US/Pirate green zones and these are the most populous nations and the nations majority of new players are likely to start in (unless you are a national or have some affiliation to the other nations). Because of this these places are where most of the seal clubbing takes place, should people stop defending new players in their own nation?

People from the British nation have formed groups and gone to the other nations green zones, but most of the time they do not find many players there, they are lucky to get the odd trader or some unfortunate doing AI fleets or missions but it is not guaranteed like it is at KPR or Belize most of the time. So most of it boils down to where you can get guaranteed PvP, if it constantly comes to your doorstep there is little need to go elsewhere.

What happens a lot is the more experienced players move to other nations and in turn return to the green zones to farm because they say they cannot find PvP elsewhere. The coastguard can serve to give people an introduction to PvP.  We had a good battle last night where around 6 Swedes turned up at KPR in first rates, they tagged someone just outside the green zone so the Brit forces were limited to who could enter the battle within 3 minutes. Cant remember the exact numbers now and I forgot to screenshot the result, but I think the numbers of first rates were fairly even and the Brits had some additional 4ths and I think 1 second and 1 third rate. The battle was led well by Massimo and most were on TS and obeyed instructions with the net result that all Swedes were sunk for the loss of I think 4 mainly smaller vessels on the British side and 1 first rate.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, staun said:

They only can because the players either are comming in crappy ships ore are doing the fight wrong. 

The good players know how to use the wind. That give them an advantage. That way they keep most of the players out of the fight.  So even if there are 3-4 more players in the fight, there cannons can’t hit. They are there in numbers But not in effort. I bet you the right strategy and the 4 won’t be able to kill the 10-15 players. And here I don’t think about guys that bring a Fir fir to fight heavier ships, unless it is as s fire ship.

I don't mean to disrespect you in anyway but I would like to point out that what you describe above is not what is really happening on average.

Typically it's a sunny day on the ocean outside the capital. Players are running missions in their stoutest NPC hunting ships, the Pvp champions of the nation are generally off elsewhere looking for PvP.  Some of the locals are running cargo and otherwise going about their bussiness not really prepared for heavy Pvp contests.  Then it happens! Some poor fellow calls off in NAT chat that a dastardly pirate has jumped into his mission or tagged his cargo ship off the coast. So then all these normally PVE or par time PvP players sailing NPC hunting ships or just whatever crap they could buy off the market start hopping into the battle in hopes of a "rescue".  From there it either goes good or really bad.

But there is generally no prepared PvP equipped organized response. That doesn't usually happen. The only way opponents wanting good fights are going to see PvP regulars responding in PvP rigged Ballona's and such is if they tell them they are coming and arrange it. This is why noob coast raiding is generally easier and more successful than screening conflicts.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bach said:

I don't mean to disrespect you in anyway but I would like to point out that what you describe above is not what is really happening on average.

Typically it's a sunny day on the ocean outside the capital. Players are running missions in their stoutest NPC hunting ships, the Pvp champions of the nation are generally off elsewhere looking for PvP.  Some of the locals are running cargo and otherwise going about their bussiness not really prepared for heavy Pvp contests.  Then it happens! Some poor fellow calls off in NAT chat that a dastardly pirate has jumped into his mission or tagged his cargo ship off the coast. So then all these normally PVE or par time PvP players sailing NPC hunting ships or just whatever crap they could buy off the market start hopping into the battle in hopes of a "rescue".  From there it either goes good or really bad.

But there is generally no prepared PvP equipped organized response. That doesn't usually happen. The only way opponents wanting good fights are going to see PvP regulars responding in PvP rigged Ballona's and such is if they tell them they are coming and arrange it. This is why noob coast raiding is generally easier and more successful than screening conflicts.

You dont disrespect by have another opinion. But I might have gotten wrong what you wrote.

You say IF I got  it right, they come in Npc hunting ships and are not organized. Was that not my point. They either come in crappy ships  ore not prepared for a fight, and thats the reason 4 can beat 12.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, staun said:

You dont disrespect by have another opinion. But I might have gotten wrong what you wrote.

You say IF I got  it right, they come in Npc hunting ships and are not organized. Was that not my point. They either come in crappy ships  ore not prepared for a fight, and thats the reason 4 can beat 12.

Yes, I think we agree.

11 hours ago, staun said:

A lot of the "coast guard" stuff that occurs is reactionary and not planned out. At least in the United States and in Great Britain for my year tenure, there is no strict doctrine of sorts concerning a first response towards farmers. It tends to be whomever is in the general area at the time who is able to be mustered and there is very little organization in forming up. Why should there be anyways? Majority of these people around the capital regions are just looking for NPC targets as a means to grind slots, casual play, or training, along with people simply trying to build up their economy and resources to potentially push out of the capital region and do some PvP hunting of their own or other activities of such nature. Unfortunately, they tend not to have the time nor chance to do so. Majority of the people looking for PvP or are worth a challenge are not anywhere near their own capitals but instead looking elsewhere hunting.

2 hours ago, Davos Seaworth said:

A lot of the "coast guard" stuff that occurs is reactionary and not planned out. At least in the United States and in Great Britain for my year tenure, there is no strict doctrine of sorts concerning a first response towards farmers. It tends to be whomever is in the general area at the time who is able to be mustered and there is very little organization in forming up. Why should there be anyways? Majority of these people around the capital regions are just looking for NPC targets as a means to grind slots, casual play, or training, along with people simply trying to build up their economy and resources to potentially push out of the capital region and do some PvP hunting of their own or other activities of such nature. Unfortunately, they tend not to have the time nor chance to do so. Majority of the people looking for PvP or are worth a challenge are not anywhere near their own capitals but instead looking elsewhere hunting.

My argument from the start was the PvP mechanic as it now, imo is balanced, it is not there we need to make the big changes. I would like that in a reinforcement fight, that captains have a join circle, so ships just don’t jump direct on you. Reinforcement area is to give the defender a chance to save the attacked, not to kill the attackers, that is my personally opinion. But defenders that join late should in the start have some speed buff, so they can catch up with there own guys.

4 hunters kill 12 because your points, not because of a bad mechanic. It is not change in PvP that are on top of my list, that need to be dealt with.

They need to make content for the casual players.

- Ports more  interesting

- Story line PvE scenarios, maybe on a week, where the player are in a safe PvE mode. 

For the PvP.

Make an event, where players get the same ship for free. Dont have to sail there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, staun said:

My argument from the start was the PvP mechanic as it now, imo is balanced, it is not there we need to make the big changes. I would like that in a reinforcement fight, that captains have a join circle, so ships just don’t jump direct on you. Reinforcement area is to give the defender a chance to save the attacked, not to kill the attackers, that is my personally opinion. But defenders that join late should in the start have some speed buff, so they can catch up with there own guys.

4 hunters kill 12 because your points, not because of a bad mechanic. It is not change in PvP that are on top of my list, that need to be dealt with.

They need to make content for the casual players.

- Ports more  interesting

- Story line PvE scenarios, maybe on a week, where the player are in a safe PvE mode. 

For the PvP.

Make an event, where players get the same ship for free. Dont have to sail there.

Exactly. There is a lack of retention for new and casual players and too much from the current player base and lack of content that tends to drive them away. It becomes a constant grind and die fest for the majority of them which obviously over time is exhausting and frustrating. 

9 hours ago, Davos Seaworth said:

Exactly. There is a lack of retention for new and casual players and too much from the current player base and lack of content that tends to drive them away. It becomes a constant grind and die fest for the majority of them which obviously over time is exhausting and frustrating. 

After all the fights and we returned to our TS to talk about things I pretty much mention to every one I'm starting to feel that burn out feeling again.  That prob why I been playing so many other games other than when needed.  It gets very Exhausting and frustrating when you have half the freaking nations on your foot door and your trying to get a nation up to a decent fighting force but it's hard when all they do is get slaughtered every day over and over.  Moral has been an all time low up till the PB last night.  While the other side brags about sinking all our ships, we did what we wanted and keep them out of the port cause we can't afford to loose any more important ports or if we do we might as well turn them all neutral and live out of the green zone and shallows.  There no reason really to keep those ports if we can't get our trade ships past the three nations constantly camping our waters.

SO yah kinda glad I start the new job this week so I'll be taking about a 2 week break from the game as I get settled into it other than clan stuff that is.  I just not feeling it any more and hope this patch drops soon to give folks a boost of interest in the game and some moral back to fight.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

After all the fights and we returned to our TS to talk about things I pretty much mention to every one I'm starting to feel that burn out feeling again.  That prob why I been playing so many other games other than when needed.  It gets very Exhausting and frustrating when you have half the freaking nations on your foot door and your trying to get a nation up to a decent fighting force but it's hard when all they do is get slaughtered every day over and over.  Moral has been an all time low up till the PB last night.  While the other side brags about sinking all our ships, we did what we wanted and keep them out of the port cause we can't afford to loose any more important ports or if we do we might as well turn them all neutral and live out of the green zone and shallows.  There no reason really to keep those ports if we can't get our trade ships past the three nations constantly camping our waters.

SO yah kinda glad I start the new job this week so I'll be taking about a 2 week break from the game as I get settled into it other than clan stuff that is.  I just not feeling it any more and hope this patch drops soon to give folks a boost of interest in the game and some moral back to fight.

Completely agree and understand. I look at this upcoming patch as well and it does not even look like it will keep me in the game very long either since it does not really address much.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, koiz said:

Correcting bullshit isn't complaining. 

Those ports open at 1:00am our time, its not about cost its about getting people to stay up two nights in a row to take a port. I know some of you guys are kids and have limited responsibilities but the fact in the matter that's not the case for most of us.

not at all... We have kids... and even grand kids for some of us :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

not at all... We have kids... and even grand kids for some of us :D

"I know some of you guys are kids and have limited responsibilities"

If we follow the trends from the past 2 years and look closely, you can see a consistent pattern in player loss and numbers online. If you work out the math it will tell you that if nothing drastic happens in this game, within 6 or 7 months it will be gone. It might not survive the wave of new game releases this fall. 

One can always hope for a single player version of the game in the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

If we follow the trends from the past 2 years and look closely, you can see a consistent pattern in player loss and numbers online. If you work out the math it will tell you that if nothing drastic happens in this game, within 6 or 7 months it will be gone. It might not survive the wave of new game releases this fall. 

One can always hope for a single player version of the game in the end

Following the pattern of the predicted doomsdays, how many resurrections did NA already go through? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Following the pattern of the predicted doomsdays, how many resurrections did NA already go through? 

That’s the thing though. It may come back but it’s never the same as it was before. If you were to look at a graphic it would just show a steady decline with some peaks here and there. At some point it will reach zero or whatever the number of logins that is unacceptable to the developers 

6 hours ago, Palatinose said:

Actually - reading through the numbers - I see a different pattern going on: every time  the number of players raises after a patch, it does not recover totally the precedent losses. So the game is not resurrecting with patches: patches are just twists in a slow and progressive fade.

The only thing that can resurrect this game will be the launch of its final, polished and finished version within the end of this year with some advertising support and maybe a discount on steam (and - what's more important - provided that the game will be much more friendly with newcomers than it is now). Otherwise I do not see a big future for naval action.

• Like 3