Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

We pay full price and a bit more in Australia than anyone for a worldwide digital platform that should cost the same everywhere. 

Do we whinge about that?....well yes regularly..

Do we whinge about downtime in our prime time?....well yes regularly.

Do we whinge about EU timers....never unless you count weekdays and weekends.

I suppose while on a whingeing rampage can anyone explain what the hell light beer is for??? Aussies just dont get it. we dont drink beer to stay sober unless out with the wife in case we cop a lungful whilst gorking at  those good looking sheilas under the influence...

 

Ah time for a beer.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UI+Eco redux is already bigger than anything since OW was introduced. Any more additions is generous extra from the admin for keeping us waiting so long :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

We had this DLC in the game for the last 3 years, it's called alts and it costs 40$/euro

rookie, I got all mine when the game was on steam sales so around 20-25 bucks...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jodgi said:

 

Just in case you read to fast. ūüėČ

i did ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, admin said:
  • Admiralty Connection premium DLC¬†will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space¬†and more outposts).
     

I expect regular players injecting some money into it at the cost of less people buying the game when they see the DLC and new people quitting the second they realize that they have to pay extra on top of what they already paid. I for one would not have bought the game if i had seen such a DLC and i know that most of the people i know wouldn't either. Reviews will take a hit as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs should finish game first before adding more DLC's.

I'll wait and see how the game develops before i "invest" my money into the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

 

Problem might be the promise to keep xp. But there was an idea to grant a choice for everyone. Player who chose to wipe all assets even xp get extra and special reward while player that would rather keep xp get the xp as reward. In my opinion thats a good compromise. But regarding alts I say the rewards have to be acc bound like the xp would be.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin i see this DLC as a slippery slope, its a convenience that very closely borders on P2W which you said yourself would never be a thing! 

What i would rather see is ship paints, figureheads, customisation added as micro transaction, if you have to wipe current ships to do so, so be it! I would much rather see that than a DLC that borders heavily onto P2W

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this, i cant understand those that post own threads about losing their items in which they have received in the testing phase, i have yet to see a game release where the testers gets to keep their stuff they have grinded up during the testing. I have 2.5k hours in the game and i dont mind it being completly wiped, maybe give some rare ship redeemables for the backers, but nothing more then that actually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wyy said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this, i cant understand those that post own threads about losing their items in which they have received in the testing phase, i have yet to see a game release where the testers gets to keep their stuff they have grinded up during the testing. I have 2.5k hours in the game and i dont mind it being completly wiped, maybe give some rare ship redeemables for the backers, but nothing more then that actually.

It's interesting that the thread has turned here.  I personally would not care if we all ended up in basic cutters with zero gold.  It is my understanding with regard to the tutorial, that if you start your character over again, you do not get the rewards from the tutorial as it is tied to your account, not your character.  Would a full wipe reset this aspect?  I would be happy to jump through the Tutorial hoop again if I could get all those nice repairs and other goodies

Edited by Oberon74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I personally would not care if we all ended up in basic cutters with zero gold. 

if that's the case, then they will have 2 PvE servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

We pay full price and a bit more in Australia than anyone for a worldwide digital platform that should cost the same everywhere. 

Do we whinge about that?....well yes regularly..

Do we whinge about downtime in our prime time?....well yes regularly.

Do we whinge about EU timers....never unless you count weekdays and weekends.

I suppose while on a whingeing rampage can anyone explain what the hell light beer is for??? Aussies just dont get it. we dont drink beer to stay sober unless out with the wife in case we cop a lungful whilst gorking at  those good looking sheilas under the influence...

 

Ah time for a beer.

 

 

 

You are better off than most of the Chinese players.  Most have quit playing due to ping and access issues with the EU server.  While they always contended with poor ping into the PvP2/Global server,  they could play.  Most cannot now.  There really needs to be an Asia/Pacfic server - but it is doubtful the population will grow sufficiently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

if that's the case, then they will have 2 PvE servers.

Not so.  Re-doing the tutorial should give everyone M&C rank and some decent ships.  You should be PVPing within a couple of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back @admin

 

I see this topic is only rated 3 stars. I hope you didn’t rate this thread yourself young man. My Granny (jumped this mortal coil already) would give me hell if she wasn’t the full 5 stars...

 

 

Norfolk.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

 

 

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Problem might be the promise to keep xp. But there was an idea to grant a choice for everyone. Player who chose to wipe all assets even xp get extra and special reward while player that would rather keep xp get the xp as reward. In my opinion thats a good compromise. But regarding alts I say the rewards have to be acc bound like the xp would be.

DEVs already stated (through Ink) - in another thread of some time ago - that they will keep:

1) normal XP (and then ranks)

2) craft XP

3) Books already learnt and ship knowledge slots already open (unless the corresponding game mechanic does not change in the meantime).

[since 3), I would see no reason to discriminate crafters, so also crafting recipes already learnt should be saved]

 

 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Christendom said:

 Seems preposterous to me that an unreleased game even has DLCs and early access testers need to pay to test in other nations..

There is a constant de-sync between
This game is on steam (thus it is released) and as a result must not have bugs and must have new content
This game is unreleased thus must not find ways to fund more new content

Its hard to navigate such waters without offending someone, thus we will add ability to give the game more money and just have to make sure there is absolutely no combat advantage. If there is a good ship for real dollars there must be a same or better ship available by in game means. 
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, victor said:

 

DEVs already stated (through Ink) - in another thread of some time ago - that they will keep:

1) normal XP (and then ranks)

2) craft XP

3) Books already learnt and ship knowledge slots already open (unless the corresponding game mechanic does not change in the meantime).

[since 3), I would see no reason to discriminate crafters, so also crafting recipes already learnt should be saved]

 

The for the most part until you get to 4th rates and above are auto learned as you level up.  The rest wouldn't it just be simple to let us earn them again through game play?  Some are locked behind PvP and CM's rewards or even RvR so wouldn't you need to do these things again to get the?  I don't see an issue with them getting wiped with all mats/gold and resources as I'll just as easliy be able to get them again quickly.  The only issue was after the last wipe Pirates was very restricted compared to other nations of what BP they can get in there shop along with permits, but it's not like that any more so it's not an issue.  Though Pirate Frigate is still only in pirate den for the BP, but every one can buy permits.  I honestly think the Pirate Frigate should be a reward ship like the LVG refit, but you get the BP for unlocking them.  Maybe have them behind missions or something.

1 hour ago, admin said:

There is a constant de-sync between
This game is on steam (thus it is released) and as a result must not have bugs and must have new content
This game is unreleased thus must not find ways to fund more new content

Its hard to navigate such waters without offending someone, thus we will add ability to give the game more money and just have to make sure there is absolutely no combat advantage. If there is a good ship for real dollars there must be a same or better ship available by in game means. 
 

I think one of the biggest problem is that this game has been suppose to release for a good while.  Things keep holding it back and well for the better cause it wasn't even close to being ready for release last year.  I believe it's a lot more closer and UI patches will bring us that much closer.  There are some things that can be finished or added after release.  Like finally doing the pirates as an expansion to the game could be a big update after release using the date collected from the impossible nations and impute of what players would like to see in pirates, but we need to get the core of the game done and the UI released before we even think of a release.  Though I think the longer it takes and yes it's only been 2 1`/2 years for some and that isn't very long in the game development world, I believe the more folks will loose interest in the game and move on to other things that might come out.  Right now there is no other game like this one at present, but that might change 6 months down the road from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 10:28 AM, Batman said:

Lol more outpost as DLC, p2w inbound.

Alts are ALREADY p2w.  Doesn't solve having to compete against Alts but it does level the playing field somewhat for the rest of us who don't have time or inclination to screw around with additional copies of the game.

100% chance of my buying this.

Edited by Marcus Corvus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, Shrez said:

Devs should finish game first before adding more DLC's.

I'll wait and see how the game develops before i "invest" my money into the game.

I'll gladly invest more into the game via DLCs pre release as long as the price tag is reasonable, it is in no way pay2win and it actually helps speed up & improve the development and quality of the game. Even tho I would donate money to GL just to keep development going and the servers running, I'd also like to see as many players online as possible and everyones financial means are different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

Concerns:

  • Solo players are not welcomed - no opportunities for them, no roles or 'career paths', forced into clans even if they don't want to join
  • No RVR - before everything was driven through clans (and before the great wipe) RVR flourished, players felt part of their nations and there were national efforts; that sense of national belonging is dead now. Either reduce the role of clans or remove nations from the game. Make this a clan based game or make it a nation based game - what we have now is both and neither.....so 'falls between two stools'.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×