Game-Labs Forum

Spain Land Jump

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Happens all over the map.

Quick Dirty fix for this, is that the Tow relates to closest port in the region the ship is in.

and when in no region? the last left region? would even fix the hidden island to bermuda tp

Edited by z4ys

We roll the ships hull on wood logs over land. Learned it from the vikings.. :D

But seriously it's a symptom, sailing around in OW is a painfully boring time sink! We do it to to be able to craft ships and/or make gold, not because it is fun. So any form of shortcut I come across I will use to not waist time.

What we need is auto skipper. I have several hundred crew, why can't one of them sail my ship to a designated port!?  

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 2

No other nation has a capital location where you can jump such a significant amount of distance vs actually sailing to the nearest port you would otherwise be Towed to. And given the map design you can exploit it both directions.

16 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

But seriously it's a symptom, sailing around in OW is a painfully boring time sink! We do it to to be able to craft ships and/or make gold, not because it is fun.

But seriously it's exploited for more reasons than just reducing time for traders to make gold. 

• Like 1

Let tow to port go to the nation capital and removing the current use of the mechanic..

And for the cartoon nations just remove the tow to port.. Should be hardcore anyway..

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Let tow to port go to the nation capital and removing the current use of the mechanic..

And for the cartoon nations just remove the tow to port.. Should be hardcore anyway..

That would be a major exploit, as most trade goods sell well in nations capitals you could load up anywhere in OW and safely transport goods to capital.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Ive been TP'ed further away than closest port a few time tims, I rarely bother now

Because the teleport still contains legacy code from back when PBs only happened at county capitals. That is why teleport brings you to the nearest deep water port that is not a county capital. 

5 hours ago, Archaos said:

That would be a major exploit, as most trade goods sell well in nations capitals you could load up anywhere in OW and safely transport goods to capital.

Just make the tow with an empty hold - force the player to ditch the cargo = removing any way to exploit it. Not really rocket science.

You can tow your ship every 5h , why do you have to be so salty ? You don't have a big island like Spanish surrounded by enemys . What will change to you if this exploit will be fixed ? However the tow request is working great . For me nothing have to be fixed .

Edited by CaptainSparckles
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CaptainSparckles said:

You can tow your ship every 5h , why do you have to be so salty ? You don't have a big island like Spanish surrounded by enemys . What will change to you if this exploit will be fixed ? However the tow request is working great . For me nothing have to be fixed .

I take it that you're one of those cutting off about an hour of sailing past the free town of Tumbado and the PvP zone? - Trading with no risk is screwing the game basically..

38 minutes ago, CaptainSparckles said:

Jamaica is even worse, they are surrounded by everyone, but you don't see them teleporting from KPR to Saint Ann and avoiding a trip along the safezones gaps. Those teleports from Batabano to Habana should be fixed as soon as possible.

27 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I take it that you're one of those cutting off about an hour of sailing past the free town of Tumbado and the PvP zone? - Trading with no risk is screwing the game basically..

I am that one what is towing his ship to Batabano to sink AI fleets . I don't like to trade .

56 minutes ago, znôrt said:

anyboy caring to remind me why 'tow to port' should be a feature in the first place?

Was originally intended as a way for new players to find their way back after getting lost in OW.. Would work fine with having to jump empty and fixed at nations capital.. And as I said - cartoon nations are supposed to be "hardcore" anyway so no tow for them.

2 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Was originally intended as a way for new players to find their way back after getting lost in OW.. Would work fine with having to jump empty and fixed at nations capital.. And as I said - cartoon nations are supposed to be "hardcore" anyway so no tow for them.

It's intended to be a debug-tool for when you end up at the end of the map and can't get out anymore. That is why we still have it.

• Like 1