Game-Labs Forum

It would be nice if "recently killed" players would yield PvP marks IF they are part of an attacking party. 

Whether revenge fleet or random encounter, I run into "recently killed" players attacking me all the time. It sucks because I have to fight a battle and receive no reward, its just a waste of time. I understand the "recently killed" mechanic was introduced into the game to protect players from being farmed, but if the recently killed player is the one starting the battle, they do not need protection IMO.

• Like 5

this is true, kinda annoying when you see 10 players with recently kill tag attack you and your friends only for you to know that you have to wait 1 hour to kill them or just waste time killing them again asap to get on with the game.

Kappa

The recently killed status is among other things a farming protection and would serve no purpose. When the recently killed is on the  attacking side and still would give pvp marks. Instead of attacking the alt the alt can attack.

But in patrol missions farming is kind of impossible due to almost never closing battles. So why no make the recently killed status not work/no effect when in the patrol zone.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Locking a player from PVP for an hour after fighting and losing his ship simply means more people will just say screw it and log off.  All this is getting ridiculous, newer players are clubbed by vets AND game mechanics that only encourage and enable this.  This is the reason so many have bought the game, but no longer play.

It's to prevent alt farming. It sucks, I just don't see an alternative right now...

Maybe we should have recently killed only for a killer? It's not perfect, but better. 

Edited by vazco

maybe the solution is to remove upgrades only attainable by pvp marks. make them all combat marks, and pvp just transfers into lots of combat marks. It wont stop the clubbing but at least give the new players a fighting chance at getting the good upgrades. you could remove pvp rewards all together and people would grumble about it but I very much doubt there would be any significant drop in combat, except the seal clubbers who now might aswell farm the AI instead of new players. It would also make alt farming redundant for the same reason.  

22 minutes ago, vazco said:

It's to prevent alt farming. It sucks, I just don't see an alternative right now...

Recently killed only for a killer? It's not perfect, but better. 

IMO if people use that mechanic to alt farm it will be noticeable anyway, when you see player x has killed one of the same nation in front of port guayaguayare (where almost no1 is), for the 10th time in a row where the player that has gotten killed hasnt said anything in the nation chat, it gets quite suspicious. The devs can anyway see the logs if the player fights back i guess, but  to prevent it i must assume making ships more valuable than pvp marks as they are today should fix it so it wont be worth money wise to farm alts

This thread isn't about seal clubbing, alt farming, or admiralty rewards. This is a genuine issue in the game. It is very common that I get tagged and/or chased by people with recently killed status (often by random encounter outside of capital areas) and I think that players should be rewarded for defending themselves. Period. 

No one is disregarding that, the root of the problem is the devs cant remove alts so they have recently killed to stop farming, which results in the problem you are facing now. I think if you took away pvp exclusive rewards it would stop people taking advantage of alts cuz you only get slightly better rewards for sinking an alt in a cutter than an AI in a brig. you could still do it but it becomes far more time consuming.

Edited by asuspiciousbear

49 minutes ago, asuspiciousbear said:

No one is disregarding that, the root of the problem is the devs cant remove alts so they have recently killed to stop farming, which results in the problem you are facing now. I think if you took away pvp exclusive rewards it would stop people taking advantage of alts cuz you only get slightly better rewards for sinking an alt in a cutter than an AI in a brig. you could still do it but it becomes far more time consuming.

Sinking alts is against ToS and a reportable offense. No matter what mechanics get put in place, people will still do it. All the "recently killed" mechanics do is prevent someone from farming their alt repeatedly in a short amount of time and thus, help them stay under the radar. Someone who farms alt 5 times in 5 minutes is much more likely to get reported than someone who farms alt 5 times in 5 hours.  So what good is this mechanic even doing? 

If you remove PvP marks/rewards from the game, I (and many others I know) will likely quit the game. The only way I can afford to have fun in the game is trading/selling PvP marks that I earned through 100% legit and legal gameplay. 

Is alt farming bad? Yes. But I argue that "recently killed" mechanics do not prevent (in any way at all) people from farming alts. I understand what you are saying, but I think we just have to disagree here. 

20 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

It would be nice if "recently killed" players would yield PvP marks IF they are part of an attacking party. 

Whether revenge fleet or random encounter, I run into "recently killed" players attacking me all the time. It sucks because I have to fight a battle and receive no reward, its just a waste of time. I understand the "recently killed" mechanic was introduced into the game to protect players from being farmed, but if the recently killed player is the one starting the battle, they do not need protection IMO.

I don't think it was put in to protect players from being farmed... I think it was put in place to keep people from farming their own alts. But I agree, it is a problem. I can usually count on if I kill someone in the PVP zone, they will be outside waiting in another ship once I finish.

Perhaps a shorter "Recently Killed" tag would help? Make it 30 minutes. That would still make it a chore for someone to farm their alts -- is this even a game breaker anyway -- but allow full game play with or against a regenerated player more quickly.

13 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

If you remove PvP marks/rewards from the game, I (and many others I know) will likely quit the game.

I seriously doubt that, and if thats all thats keeping you here I dont see you lasting long anyway. I wasnt saying remove pvp marks i was saying remove pvp exclusive rewards, make them all combat marks and have pvp count for lots of CM. give new players a fighting chance as  this game is very top heavy.

3 minutes ago, asuspiciousbear said:

I seriously doubt that, and if thats all thats keeping you here I dont see you lasting long anyway. I wasnt saying remove pvp marks i was saying remove pvp exclusive rewards, make them all combat marks and have pvp count for lots of CM. give new players a fighting chance as  this game is very top heavy.

Well we are about to have a currency update, it's very likely something like this will happen. As long as I can make money from PvP im happy 😀