Game-Labs Forum

Make Naval Action more realistic (revised and corrected)

Hi. We are many who think that Naval Action would be a better game if it were more realistic. 
These are some proposals to achieve it. (This is a 2º version (I have eliminated the suggestions that many people did not like. 
I think that now this suggestion can be successful.))

1.PvP battles should close later.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players.

2.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or trade becomes boring.

3.Repairs: instead of having a timer to be able to repair again, it could be passive repair(it can be activated and desactivated as sailing, boarding...), being slower.

4.Masts: they can not be completely repaired in battle.

5.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic).

6.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or combat missions).

7.WANTED: rewards system (in your faction) for sinking wanted enemies.

8.Trade missions: the port gives you the goods and you transport them for gold and exp. This increases trade and piracy. If you do not deliver it, you can be fined.

9.Crew´s moral in open world: with food, rum... Fishing would be more useful, and rum would be more valuable.

10.Game translation: this improves gaming experience and attracts more players to Naval Action. Spanish, French, Russian and others...

Thank you for reading. If you agree with this, give it a like for a more realistic Naval Action!

Edited by AlonsoC
  • Like 13

Před 23 minutami řekl AlonsoC:

10. Překlad hry:  zlepšuje zážitek ze hry a přitahuje více hráčů do námořních akcí. Španělsky, francouzsky, rusky a další .. .

.... Česky :-p

Suggestions are interesting and it would not be bad to try them out. There is nothing to lose at this time. This great game will soon die if something does not change

Edited by Hači_CZ
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

6.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or combat missions).

I would include OW............. Storms that can damage or maybe sunk one o more ships............. it would add uncertainty and it would be the same for everyone.

Also agree with the rest of your propositions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

1.PvP battles should close later.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players.

Sry but longer open timers are not realistic at all. On the open world travel speed is much faster than inside the battle. Instant closed battles is the most realistic we can get.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pada said:

Sry but longer open timers are not realistic at all. On the open world travel speed is much faster than inside the battle. Instant closed battles is the most realistic we can get.

I mean a few minutes, even 1 or 2. 

Like all of your ideas. And ...

I would send ships to other ports.  I would still command my favorite ships but have bought a few decent traders for pretty cheap and would love to send them between outposts.

I would like storms and damage, but the Devs have said that they are not feasible.

• Like 1

Like the ideas...

2.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or trade becomes boring.

A player driven economy (FREE MARKET) cannot work, doesn’t in EvE Online or in the REAL WORLD for that matter. At some point you’ll need an NPC overlay to stimulate demand, or regulate supply, like your Government tries to do.

With the up and coming Patch adding different currency types that can be freely exchange will help the Dev’s to influence the economy more efficiently and can give subtle tweaks instead of using the different products like at present.

This I think after a short time you’ll see a marked difference.

5.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic).

Agree and with a cost attached, both time and money.

6.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or combat missions).

Absolutely agree, and OW too. Think OW would be hard to do though.

I would add if I may, the ability to invest in your PORT. Build stronger defenses, that attracts AI trade. To start with....

Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

*gets slapped in the face by an invisible hand of free market*

No such thing.

Adam Smith was misinterpreted, probably on purpose, by neoclassical economists, to justify their theory of "free market" and "free trade".

• Like 1

Alonso,

Those are good ideas, but in case some could be applied it may take time to do it through further patches...

I really do not understand what is the marketing strategy of the Dev's.

NA is dramaticly losing players and there is no reaction while this issue is being experienced for so long.

I'm completely puzzled about this. It looks like there are developping a game for themself without paying the slightest attention to the crucial fact of popularity...

The longer it goes this way, the less pertinent is the remaining player community.

Today most captains are the one who can be considered as passionated and I really doubt their opinion is objective anymore, since they are playing at the top level of NA possibilities without any difficulties to carry on in that context (untill there will be less than 200 players in server).

What is the result of NA Legend ? what are the results of so many wipes & heavy patches ? Do Dev's draw any conclusion about these results ?

To me, it's real urgent to get a final release of NA, it's the only issue to hope for, as soon as possible.

A final NA could have a new title, sometime when a project is failling, only changing it's name can refresh popularity. 

Edited by Celtiberofrog
  • Like 1