Game-Labs Forum

Shop Ships bought for Profit during Patrol Missions

During patrol missions, ships spawn in shops. As soon as they are spawned, they are all bought by players, to immediatly sell again with huge profits. There is nothing to prevent this, but it hurts th patrol missions.

Like I can buy Snows from shop during Nassau Patrol, immediatly sell them on contract giving me a good profit. Bought for 53k, sold for 150k. 

For example below from the Tumbado Patrol Event. As you can see Renomees, Frigates and also Cerberus all bought from shop and currently being sold by the same players. I never blame the players, they can do this. But game should prevent you from doing this.

My Suggestion 1: When ever there is patrol event, the shops around the patrol events sell the ships with same price but as shop stock is depleted it will be resupplied in a short amount of time  to number of 3. So every 3-5 minutes there always be 3 ships of Frig, Cerberus, Reno at the ship shop, for Nassau 3 Snows, 3 Navy B, 3 Mercury etc. So it will be meaningless to buy them all and sell for profit, if npc stock is zero, it will be supplied in a very short time. This way people will be more willing to participate in event, as they can buy a mediorce ship with the normal price. 

My suggestion 2: When it is patrol event, supply shops with heavy wood ships like from oak, wo, lo instead of bermuda, fir etc. For example you can not compete with rich enemy players who can fight in heavy expensive ships like Heavy Rattlesnake. None of the ships in shop are a match for Rattle, but at least they will be stronger. Same goes with frigate class, as light wood frigs are useless in patrol events.

My Suggestion 3: When ever repairs and rum supplied by npc in certain ports, it is immediatly bought and like above sold with profit. Let the shop supply small but continous amounts of repairs at a higher price, example: 500 hull for 1500 gold / 500 rig for 1300 gold / 1000 rum for 250 gold. So that nobody can manipulate the market like buying all repairs and selling them for 3000/3000/1000. But if this guy is producing he can sell 1499/1299/ 249 and still profit.

So the NPC shops spawn prices and spawn rates can control the market manipulations.

@admin please consider when you have time. Let's keep more players in the events.

Tumbado Patrol.jpg

• Like 6

I too want patrols to be low threshold and accessible. No sarcasm, no joke.

Now, let's watch as counterpoints start ticking in...

I'm so tempted to make a pre-emptive list with checkboxes of the predictable arguments, but I'm working on being less condescending and combative.