Game-Labs Forum

Hi everyone.

As the header says, my suggestion would be to make skins little more common. I loved the skins for Bellona and

Endymion but now those have been the only skins ive seen and even those are very rare. I hope that dev-team will

bring ship appearance customization with the new port UI. This would create new purpose for crafting and new crafting items.

Or the skins can be achieved by doing certain things. Flags on top of masts could be part of skin too.

Skin achievements:

- X days on the sea:  Traveller

- Your ship has sunk X times:  Defeated

- You have sunk X amount of enemy players:  Demon

- You have visited X amount of ports:  Been there, done that

- You have sunk friendly ship:  Betrayal

- You own X amount of gold:  Gold lover

These are just some examples what i came up with. The skin looks would be related to what you have done. I don't

want this to make ships look like they were made out of gold or that there is suddenly Pirates of the Caribbean ghost

ship sailing among realistic wessels. I want skins like Endymion had and Bellona had.

Edited by Wandering Ghost

+1 to paints.

This would be a great, non-advantage-giving way to spend PvP marks. Buy individual paints for 10 PvP marks, everyone gets to customize their ship, battles look better and more diverse.

These are already in the game, we just need to see them used again!

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

If this is true why do we have the paint for the bellona and for the endimion (which work exactly as permanent refit)? @admin please give us back the paints now as permanent refits (I lose the ship I lose the paint), then after the release let them become like ship knowledge and sold them  as part of a dlc or do with them what you want to do (your game your choice). They are already in the game, for now let us have them paying pvp marks! A little effort on your part will grant you our big thanks (if you like it)!

10 hours ago, Wandering Ghost said:

Hi everyone.

As the header says, my suggestion would be to make skins little more common. I loved the skins for Bellona and

Endymion but now those have been the only skins ive seen and even those are very rare. I hope that dev-team will

bring ship appearance customization with the new port UI. This would create new purpose for crafting and new crafting items.

Or the skins can be achieved by doing certain things. Flags on top of masts could be part of skin too.

Skin achievements:

- X days on the sea:  Traveller

- Your ship has sunk X times:  Defeated

- You have sunk X amount of enemy players:  Demon

- You have visited X amount of ports:  Been there, done that

- You have sunk friendly ship:  Betrayal

- You own X amount of gold:  Gold lover

These are just some examples what i came up with. The skin looks would be related to what you have done. I don't

want this to make ships look like they were made out of gold or that there is suddenly Pirates of the Caribbean ghost

ship sailing among realistic wessels. I want skins like Endymion had and Bellona had.

I expect skins are something we would have to pay for if the game is ever finished/released.

Ship identification is somewhat challenging atm (and downright impossible for some if you read nation chat).  Implementing paint schemes that would make ships of the same class look different would add to this challenge unless we brought back some form of OW identifier (as we had previously).

Edited by Oberon74
sp

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

only lgv-belle poule is hard the rest is easy.

With paints thats just more interesting, no need to add it again

This coming from someone who has been at it since 2016....Its different for others.  I'm not saying its a major issue, but you just have to read sighting reports on chat to know that identification needs some help.