Game-Labs Forum

The Free State of VCO

Teutonic

55 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Forget screening, you're the defender. San Sebastian can be defended by 6-7 players in PB. You don't need 20-30 screeners to win PB or at least that's not the whole point. "If we can't screen out enemies, let's not defend the port"...

That may be true, but there is more to a port battle than just the port battle.  For instance, for those 6-7 defenders that do not have an outpost in the port and win the port battle,  what are the 6-7 defenders going to do after they win the port battle.   Sit in port and play cribbage?  (altho i do like cribbage :-)).  If is there is a large contingent of folks outside waiting for them to come out, then those winning folks are kind of stuck in port and can not teleport out of the port.

So it is still kind of a numbers game in the end.  If you can not weaken the screeners from the other side with your own screeners, makes the exiting of the port battle that much more difficult.  Not saying i do not like a good fight, even an outnumbered one,  but there can be limits too. 

Edited by Yehoodi

2 hours ago, Raxius said:

592A30CF84A6040CA17AC3896E795ACFCD9C95C6

later PB timers in attempt to further deny content??? wont work i can logon anytime for pb so i would prefer it if you set it on your prime time to allow for a good battle not a late night scandal your players certainly wont enjoy that. me on the otherhand i am happy to attack at any time you choose :)

01-04 is 9pm to midnight for me.  That is a time when most of us can be on.  Same with the 23-02 and 00-03 timers.  Those are all timers in our prime time window so it's not late night for us.  Remember US is made up of several time zones.  What might be late for one guy another guy is just getting home from work.  

always interesting to hear how other groups fight more than just the US, and yet, seems the ports controlled by the US are the only ones that these same people fight in.

but hey, we in VCO don't care anymore, we do what we want and we have been enjoying our time a lot more now that we don't worry about who's bigger than who.

So go right ahead, just tell me when you finally decide to attempt to take some other nation's port. So far it seems to be SSDD.

13 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

This is why you use outpost for ports you defend or simply logout... or sail 2-3 hours later. Same question to attacker, when they lose a port battle, are they supposed to leave the PB and get jumped by 25 ships outside? That what would happen when we attacked US on multiple occasions, always tons of screeners. Defenders have 10x more easy life than attackers,  no need to change that.

I do not disagree on having a floating (or recently emptied) outpost for purposes of teleport, but not all folks will have this available.  i did this a while back on a recent port battle defense.

As for the timing of leaving it depends on what one wants to do.  When i came back to the game this past spring got trapped in a port that was friendly and not the port battle port, so i could not tele nor tow ship.  i was screening at the time.  I was a single and could not leave as too many enemies in OW.  As it was 1 am my time, i merely signed off and sail ship the next day.  

This port battle is for me, and some, right around dinnertime/end of work day and we may either not be able to make it or not wish to be in a port during a time we might want to be playing elsewhere if we get trapped in a port for 2-3 hours.

There will be many more port battles that we all can attend, and if we do not make this one, there will be others. 

i dont think trying to bait me to attack others helps you. its a casual tactic vulnerable nations use. we attack who we want trying to insult me and bait me to attack another wont work. i like fighting the US it helps my own clan members improve we are at different skill levels in the clan and fighitng the US will help us level out. when we get tired of fedup of sinking US we will move on like all others do. 

just fight us rather then use words to avoid a fight. i appreciate you wont defend below cabo. thats fine no problem infact we will go north :)

VCO delclared themselves as a free state - good on them. UWS is not so different we help france if it benefits us but we arent really part of any internal organisation we are privateers in france with one goal. create content to sharpen our skills and improve as we go. 

its a nice goal it is proving to be fun and soon maybe even challenging we have fought the danes the other day and i was impressed with my clan mates. later we may go on to fight more skilled opponents time will tell.

i went back on the agreement to not sink US by overhearing your senate meeting and constantly seeing my name and the hate crime on your nation chat. figured you didnt DESERVE a break.

so sorry for being human ^^

2 hours ago, Raxius said:

VCO delclared themselves as a free state - good on them. UWS is not so different we help france if it benefits us but we arent really part of any internal organisation we are privateers in france with one goal. create content to sharpen our skills and improve as we go. 

its a nice goal it is proving to be fun and soon maybe even challenging we have fought the danes the other day and i was impressed with my clan mates. later we may go on to fight more skilled opponents time will tell.

i went back on the agreement to not sink US by overhearing your senate meeting and constantly seeing my name and the hate crime on your nation chat. figured you didnt DESERVE a break.

so sorry for being human ^^

You indicate that you really are not part of an internal organization and are basically privateers wishing to sharpen your clans skills and improve as you all operate moving forward.  

As your clan is acting autonomously within a nation, there was nothing stopping you from staying in the US and doing the same thing you are doing with France.   

Edited by Yehoodi

there was. the constant moving into our channels. asking us to help all the time an if we refused then we were insulted. aint got time for that nonsense in france we have a language barrier and the nation is more flexible to allow for our type of clan.

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

It's not really sharpening your skills when you join the team that kicked your ass and proceed to club seals

we are not joining any team, and actaully it would be good to do fleet practice with some of these guys in france but the reason we lost to them was false odds. we had a lot of caebears on our side which stupidly i relied on. lack of intellect on my part but we have moved forward

43 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Get your own ts or discord? 

Have you not figured out yet or better yet has your nation not figured out yet the more you and Texas and a couple others yap and insult the more your nation gets attacked ? THINK about it.

Or better yet maybe the ones your nation should be worried about is the yappy ones stirring up shit storm of attacks after attacks that are the cause of the nations problems.

Your chosen few yap too much and beat their chest and history shows nation after nation on your shores after the same people. Naw you wouldn't figure that out better to point the finger at everything else but the real cause of it.

Think about it and look at the history of the clan attacks against the USA coast. Act like asshats here and ingame and TS then maybe your nation shouldn't  be surprised what is going on.

Blah blah blah.  

You leave the US on bad terms for the third time, immediately start farming their players not 12 hours after, use Teddy’s account to shit talk is in nation the same day, use US ts while actively sinking our players and now you start taking our ports at off times.  It also seems you listen in to US senate meetings.  Yet you’re upset when the US trashes you?  I mean honestly babe..what fucking planet do you live on?

Anyway I don’t even think Little River will interest us (as in VCO) enough to get on to defend it.  I would of handed over that loser of a port to CSA months ago if they weren’t already losing millions a day.  I simply just don’t care about ports anymore.  It took me 3 nights to sail back from KW to Tumbado this week, seeing the pop so low and the general decline in activity is just too depressing to even bother.

Once that patch hits VCO is hitting the eject cord out of this banana stand and headed over to form LeVCO in France.  Fuck it.  If everyone else is gonna club seals on the coast I want a piece of that pie before it’s all gone.  Key Lime is my fav pie btw.  See ya soon mes amies!

I do find it curious that despite assurances that he wasn’t leaving the US to go sink US he hasn’t left the coast elsewhere to hunt.  At all.  His 2 recent PBS have been at EU times and he runs primarily an EU clan.  Why not attack elsewhere?  I have my issues with Kingy, Boom and Banished, but they do show up elsewhere on the map on occasion seeking game that fights back.  Rax and the boys don’t.  Are they afraid?

the world may never know.

Edited by Christendom

20 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I do find it curious that despite assurances that he wasn’t leaving the US to go sink US he hasn’t left the coast elsewhere to hunt.  At all.  His 2 recent PBS have been at EU times and he runs primarily an EU clan.  Why not attack elsewhere? 

rax.jpg

"I could attack the Prussians, but they have actually some good players and I could to lose my ship against them"

Edited by Batman
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Batman said:

rax.jpg

"I could attack the Prussians, but they have actually some good players and I could to lose my ship against them"

Now you done it... he will attack brits next.

we should create a rax thread on forum - may be busier then development news at this rate ^^.

we do fight others too had a good fight vs BF clan in 1st rates and will continue to fight across the map it is true we are focused on US coast because US nation continues to throw salt and are very vocal about it. @Cabral brits arent doing that i ignore batman as a rule would never take a thief seriously (ROYAL CWH hoard). 

who knows what goes on in future we look to have some nice fights with better opponents once our US campaign is complete.

3 hours ago, Raxius said:

there was. the constant moving into our channels. asking us to help all the time an if we refused then we were insulted. aint got time for that nonsense in france we have a language barrier and the nation is more flexible to allow for our type of clan.

First, the TS issue.  I hear what you are saying but the free US TS has a bunch of different rooms and that is going to happen.   As some have already said (and have done) your clan can have its own TS and you have peace and quiet

Second, to the issue of helping.  If the US clans were asking your clan to help out with the coast and PBs along the coast that is only natural, surely folks can not ask folks to do more than their share.  There is a perception, and perhaps a reality, that now you and your clan have left the US your clan seems to have an interest in the US coast now via daily attacks on the coast, taking a US port today and your talk about talking about taking LR.  When you were with the US did you and your clan take a similar interest in raiding the coast, taking up and initiating port battle of Jobe, San Mateo and San Augustin?   You may have initiated them and i may have missed them and if so i am sorry for being mistaken. 

I am not saying any insults in your direction or your clans is justified (at times many are not justified), but at the same time had the US clan initiated some port battles when in the US nation as they are planning while in France, maybe there might of been less insults.

You a great player Raxius and folks can be frustrated when their nation looses an asset, and at the same time that frustration can increase when there appears to be what i mentioned above. 

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

First, the TS issue.  I hear what you are saying but the free US TS has a bunch of different rooms and that is going to happen.   As some have already said (and have done) your clan can have its own TS and you have peace and quiet

Second, to the issue of helping.  If the US clans were asking your clan to help out with the coast and PBs along the coast that is only natural, surely folks can not ask folks to do more than their share.  There is a perception, and perhaps a reality, that now you and your clan have left the US your clan seems to have an interest in the US coast now via daily attacks on the coast, taking a US port today and your talk about talking about taking LR.  When you were with the US did you and your clan take a similar interest in raiding the coast, taking up and initiating port battle of Jobe, San Mateo and San Augustin?   You may have initiated them and i may have missed them and if so i am sorry for being mistaken. 

I am not saying any insults in your direction or your clans is justified (at times many are not justified), but at the same time had the US clan initiated some port battles when in the US nation as they are planning while in France, maybe there might of been less insults.

You a great player Raxius and folks can be frustrated when their nation looses an asset, and at the same time that frustration can increase when there appears to be what i mentioned above. 

i get that - we did want to attack san mateo and san agustin but the US was obsessed with the bahama's and empty pb's. - as for own teamspeak. we have learned that and now use our own discord in french nation.

the problem with attacking san agustin and san mateo was the BR limit our clan would have to rely on others - and san sebastion (whilst US) and ays and any encounter with large BR proved difficult for our clan to work with others, either others couldnt keep up with us or we couldnt adapt to others play style so i see the perception and understand it.

so i understand the frustration but we are only attacking ports to generate a fight. we will keep grinding until we get a good one or two. then we will move on :)

i dont want to render US without any capurable ports but that is up to the US. i like fighting the US because yes we have experience and skill but US has numbers and fighting a group 3x your number is a good challenge regardless of player skill and thats why we do it. 

Edited by Raxius

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

Which I think this is funny he say's folks where jumping into there rooms. I remember seeing before they left all the US Clan room had locks on them.  (that is when the tag is yellow for folks that don't know).   So how was folks jumping into there rooms randomly.  Second that is why clans like CSA, VCO and others have there own team speak and we only use the US Nation one for Coastal Patrol and Port Battles.   We don't hang out in it 24/7 and we don't cry when folks walk into our rooms.  

What I think is funny they speak about all the help they where doing...they where in nation less than a month.  Really didn't see much help.  Yes they showed up to a few port battles, did some patrolling but so did every one else.  Try staying a little longer as things don't change over night.  CSA been in there for about 4-5 months and the nation still has a long way to being anything of a power house or holding it's own.  Seems they give up way to fast, specially if folks aren't kissing there arse and giving the praise they want.  Sorry I do things for the Clan and Nation cause it needs to be done not to get folks to kiss my arse or thank me.  

I also think it's funny Rax and his boys are acting like a bunch of toddlers on here throwing a fit not even a week or two after leaving a nation on pretty much crappy terms blaming every one else except for them selves for there own dang faults.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Which I think this is funny he say's folks where jumping into there rooms. I remember seeing before they left all the US Clan room had locks on them.  (that is when the tag is yellow for folks that don't know).   So how was folks jumping into there rooms randomly.  Second that is why clans like CSA, VCO and others have there own team speak and we only use the US Nation one for Coastal Patrol and Port Battles.   We don't hang out in it 24/7 and we don't cry when folks walk into our rooms.  

What I think is funny they speak about all the help they where doing...they where in nation less than a month.  Really didn't see much help.  Yes they showed up to a few port battles, did some patrolling but so did every one else.  Try staying a little longer as things don't change over night.  CSA been in there for about 4-5 months and the nation still has a long way to being anything of a power house or holding it's own.  Seems they give up way to fast, specially if folks aren't kissing there arse and giving the praise they want.  Sorry I do things for the Clan and Nation cause it needs to be done not to get folks to kiss my arse or thank me.  

I also think it's funny Rax and his boys are acting like a bunch of toddlers on here throwing a fit not even a week or two after leaving a nation on pretty much crappy terms blaming every one else except for them selves for there own dang faults.

i dont blame anyone for me leavin the US nation - it was a clan decision and hold nothing personal to US other than insults directed at me and my clan. its a sore way to treat a player leaving nation. it allows me to understand why some players quit the game instead of changing nation.

Let’s cut the victim bullshit.  No one is buying.  

You spent your month in the US berating everyone and their brother in nation chat daily for their lapses in coast guard skills and general PvP prowess.  When you did go out and help you made sure everyone in nation knew you were doing it.  You also repeatedly would bring up how much the nation owed you and how you should charge for escorting traders.  Come the RVR side of things your plans always were the best and every one was wrong.  Despite the fact that the only PB wins you experienced in the US that were fully contested, I commanded (yea ok...against the brits).  Lets also throw in your previous 2 vacations in the US nation where you left on bad terms and sabotaged their coast line.  And you turn into a petulant child because people generally dont like you in the US.  Go figure.  I can’t imagine why you get shit talked.

Now you’re gonna punish the US for simply not bowing down and kissing your ass.  It’s comical really.  You know full well losing Saint Marys and eventually Little River will kill your seal clubbing lands for good, but you'll do it anyway. 

Raxius revenge tour for imagined slights 3.0  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

your clearly delusional. i helped in coastguard so i could pvp and because you wouldnt. you never commanded a single portbattle that i was in infact there wasn't one. i was trolling US players regarding charged escort because they ask for help when attacked and do not adapt nor help other traders when attacked so i found a market - i thought US was a free economy. what you dont know is before u were ever in US on EU after the server merge i had retaken saint mary's from the brits i had pushed int the bahama;s and tried to help a fair amount of players i am no saint but i went above and beyond to help the US. and i DO NOT want fame fortune or anything from the US other than to be left alone from drama. speak with broadsides not with words.. this type of vocal warfare is boring.