Game-Labs Forum

The Free State of VCO

Teutonic

Due to the lull in waiting for a new patch, some recent events, and new information recently acquired:

We are officially declaring our freedom from restrictions and refuse to be held down by petty squabbling and diplomacy. Alliances and backdoor deals have ruined the game, limiting our opponents has caused us all to stagnate into safe-zone mission scrubs and afk traders. The constant obsession for ports which have no economic or strategic bonus will stop now. It's time to free ourselves from the limitations set by others.

1. We are now known as "The Free State of VCO."

2. We are withdrawing from the US senate. We will not be considered in the overall US politics and we do what we want, when we want to.

3. Anything we do from now on does not reflect on the US senate and the US nation. We are privateers, any ship on the open sea is now claimed by VCO. Sail at your own risk.

Groups are free to contact @Christendom for hiring Privateers.

If you have any questions or complaints due to ship loss or cargo seized. Please do not hesitate to contact William Death, Caroline Vodka, or Teutonic in-game and you will be given an in-depth reply to help alleviate your frustration.

For all others wanting something more, please adjust your attention for the following:

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, Aster said:

I assume the in game US senate is still a accurate simulation of the real one.

More or less.  I don’t think we’ve met in a month or so.  We’re just making it official.

The senate and leadership is just paper leaders who like to play at feeling important and leaders of clans who show up to screen you guys in frigates.  Or usually not at all it.  We actually have a cabinet with “secretaries” and our secretary of war hasn’t been to a contested PB or a hostility grind since we moved to the US.  

Being a smaller group of players (7-8 on a good day) that doesn’t really recruit we are unfortunately dependent on others to do RVR... which doesn’t seem to happen in the US much unless it’s in the shallows due to port costs, lack of interest, broken spirits or just too afraid to lose ships.

We played ball for a while and let people who shouldn’t be running things run them, had a lot of half assed battles and embarrassing losses.  Tagging too early under forts, guys afk’n losing PBs, dudes sailing off between 1st rates and dying...whatever.

Anyway, who knows if this patch will bring people back or not.  Might as well have a little fun yolo’n around while Rome burns and rustle up as much PvP as we can.

Time to pull a Fleetwood Mac and ....

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Question, why not start poland? You’d have 95% of the server to fight with the smallest nation on the map. It’s basically the real deal privateering, living out of free towns and operating in large and taking only what is necessary, is how Prussia became. Y’all could do the same in Poland. We were 8 people starting prussia btw

Edited by Vile Executioner
  • Like 6

Maybe if the game picks up we’ll leave for elsewhere, but I have a hard time justifying spending 20 bucks a person given the current sorry state of affairs with this game. 

Not to mention charging a DLC to change nations in a game that has yet to be released and doesn’t have a release date in sight is absurd.  

Even if we did go to say Poland a certain someone would continue his VCO hunt until Poland runs out of ports.  Not fair to whatever remains down there.  

Prussia on the other hand....

The suggestions you make Banished could also result in game falling under their min player limit and them pulling the plug.

Not sure what the answers are though tbh,  but as far as RvR is concerned nobody can be bothered it seems in GB.  Most ports lose gold and so no point having them, and now the conquest leader board has no resulting benefit to gain position nobody cares it seems.

As for PvP you could go out solo hunting in past, now all you see are fleets of 4+ ships sailing around like some kind of aggresive gay pride march. :D

• Like 1

VCO and Christendom, 

Awesome thread. Just stumbled upon it before going to bed. If you want bring it to the Suggestions portion of the forum where more people might see it and comment. I suppose nations are necessary as a spawning spot for new players or as places for solos but I think that the future of the server is more with clans. I don't know how that could really work to satisfy everyone but it seems it would give more focus and cohesion to groups interested in getting things done. And yes as long as it is nation based the cost of forged papers needs to be dropped to $5.00. The only way nations are going to work on the PVP server is if they are run like clans and I really don't see how that can be done especially in the USA where we don't have a king or queen to call the shots and enforce things. Also need a way for merchants  and explorers to be able to get visas from clans and nations that ours is not at war with. Like with Iroquois Confederacy on the old US server this is exciting player driven content. If I had more time I'd write more.

Fair sailing Captains.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Now it's time for the Developers to understand the flows of the nations and RvR :) Also it's not "people" but simply one clan that understood it. AHOY/ALOHA did the same months ago. Every now and then one clan "understands it" and becomes free or how the "nations" love to call it - traitorous and rogue. 

All should worship ALOHA 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

and you don't have the power to control entire nation, so better focus on satisfying and controlling your own clan

You also don't have the power to control your own clan. People lacking discipline or the big picture will do as they want. And many uncontrollable clans just mean more chaos compared to a few 'uncontrollable' nations. Which... aren't as uncontrollable as depicted here at all. Which makes me favor the nations, altogether...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Congratulations.

You've finally enabled the mindset of

If it reads ...enemy player... ATTACK !

Game is so simple :)

this should be the mindset of every player :)

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Here in Prussia you're allowed to do as you wish

And that earned you the reputation to be mercenaries. Is it worth being seen as not trustworthy?

And we even did screen for you recently, at New Smyrna... so here is the use of nations and diplomacy, just to remind you.

As christen said its 20€ so why not keep it on cooldown and make it worth the money 😉 US nation is a nice place to be. It really improved since my last visit. Haven't experienced the chat as toxic as it used to be.

Banished Privateer may kick people out of his clan, if he is the boss (and this contradicts basically him saying 'everyone with us is free and can do what he wants', and 'we don't have a king or queen'), but how does he know what the clan members do or don't do behind his back against what he estimates is right for Prussia? So - no control over clan members except the last consequence, to kick them out in a totalitarian, royal act of dismissal. Which will happen as late as everything being already burned up.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm not praising my clan and you don't have to be sarcastic ;) My clan was not the first to do that, there have been clans before us too :) VCO and ALOHA is following the same pattern of "becoming free" as other clans followed for years in NA.

I find it super funny actually that "Rovers" from one of the nations with biggest freedom and no chains (I guess I was the reason, my apologizes for my old habits of tru pyrate outlaw solving issues in battle rather than chat) went back to GB and US and GB like ping-pong. I heard "echo" stories of you guys complaining about nation and arguing in "nation chat" or I could even grasp Vernon and you (z4ys) complaining in Global how you violate treaties and alliances and others having issues with you.

It really isn't all about you ;)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

And that earned you the reputation to be mercenaries. Is it worth being seen as not trustworthy?

And we even did screen for you recently, at New Smyrna... so here is the use of nations and diplomacy, just to remind you.

If they're untrustworthy I dread to think how you would describe the other nations in this game.

• Like 1

Just my asumption + personal messages blaming me and making me guilty :) If I'm not the reason why you left Prussia - please do tell me. It will make me releaved and happy to hear that. 

My apologizes for little offtopic and personal conversations, @Christendom / @Teutonic. If must be, I can request help from a moderator to make some cleaning here, I admit being guilty of that mess.

I expected more salt :P but I think those who would be salty don't play haha.

we just found it silly to limit pvp. We would see someone in the open world and then say "oh we can't attack because of x, y, z." It got too frustrating and so we have decided to just do what we want.

We tried to "play ball" as christendom said and it just muddied the waters and made it difficult to do anything without complaints from different sides. So we won't play that game anymore.

It's not French nation that screened for us but certain "friendly clans"

Wrong. Completely wrong. The call to arms to screen for you Prussians was not done under the name of a clan or two, but to "French" thus the whole nation to volunteer for you, for sake of diplomatic ties. And we did, regardless of clans. Including me, I was there.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac