Game-Labs Forum

A timer in OW to react when tagging

at the moment we have a timer for a certain area( the  timer circle with a distance and position )

but what about only  a timer to react / for the one who wants to join a battle,  the timer is in effect within a certain wide  distance per chip

tagging players/ ships/  get /have a timer>  to react of +/- 10 seconds in OW (when a ship is tagged by a player

[for the tagger](tagging small fast ships have a smaller tag distance -  big ships have a big tag distance circle )

(also small ships can have a shorter  tag timer -  and big ships a bigger tag timer)

also no distance in the battle area, but a battle in shooting range only a 1 minute  distance from the initial tagger 

for the joiners of a tagged battle the timer area is as far as you can see in ow

what means you can pick a fight within the time limit of the timer,-  when a player tagged a ship (active tagging)

the purpose of this it will create more and even fights in the battle area and also more single fights

after the 10 seconds the timer closes and closed for late reactions,..

benefits :

no br deniel - more fights - no drawn in battles anymore -  you have control of your fights.

(this is excellent for screening use -  and/but  not the port battle timer we keep that as it is)

you have to react faster this way, specially groups..

any ideas or comments please react.

• Like 2

Hello Captains,

This idea has merit and needs to be discussed. It has always peeved me that a ship can be tagged before it is within shooting range. You should, in my mind be able to evade in OW till you could actually be hit by a cannon ball. The old shot over the bow thing. Also I do think that ships that join the battle should have to come in from draw distance, sole exception would be if the battle were to be near land and then of course they should be coming out of the harbor, cove or estuary and such. I don't know what to do about ships sailing within sight. I would suppose that is covered by the draw distance when the tag happens. I do like the idea that the  2 captains can possibly have a good 1v1 fight given that this is amongst the greatest recurring complaints I see. I read that so many are craving a fair 1v1 fight where they can just have fun bashing each other without the interference of others. I would think that a single ship didn't often stumble onto a whole fleet. I would think it was more along the lines of a frigate & consort or so. I would think that it was the other way around and that a hunting ship would most often come upon a fleet of merchantmen sailing in convoy and would cut one out to attack.

Have to go, Seadog Wade has informed me it is chow time. The insolence of that darn dog.

Fair sailing all.