Game-Labs Forum

Hi everybody,

I've noticed, that people on the help chat almost ask the same questions like "How do i put cannons on my ship" "What is double shot and double charge" "What are combat marks for" "How do i capture ports" etc. In the tutorial the game teaches you the basic gameplay, but imo there should be something, which teaches you the other basics like putting cannons on your ship. My suggestion now is to add a "Help" or "Guide" button to the ESC menu.

help.PNG.155db779749ac059c0ff4af026629a56.PNG

In this menu the player should be able to read about basic stuff of the game and maybe show it, when the player is playing for the very first time.

guns.PNG.0788eca2bb91e22fd48006e76304f03a.PNG

In the help section the player should see pictures which explains them the basics (epic photoshop i know :D )

tabs.PNG.4c71adc69be96865ebf16f81b9c09a8b.PNG

Or explain what you can to on all the single tabs.

Not only this, there could also be some tips for combat ( @rediii has a nice sheet for that)

The purpose of this is to make it easier for new players to get into this game, without asking every single detail on help chat.

And make it also available in open world, so you can read through it while you're on a long sail.

I know devs are busy with something else atm and i know a few things will change with the new UI, but i think new player experience should be something to consider.

o7

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

I think they should do away with the Cannon Class and just go by pd. So same format left is cannons right is carros but it reads like   [6pd-18pd] [12pd-42pd]. Just to remove another useless layer of confusion away from the game.

That confused the hell out of me when I started

• Like 3

Yeah its probably the most asked question we get. And it really annoys me that in the clan warehouse the cannons are displayed by pd but on the ship its displayed by class. So I have to hover over every bloody cannon until I find the class I want. Not so bad now days as I've remembered most of it but its still frustrating.

• Like 1

The new player experience is shit, have you ever checked what kind of broken ships are for sale in the capitals? After that the cannon prices... Starting that game without a proper clan economy or 5 alts and a lot of planning and afk sailing? Just not possible to play this game casually. 

And don't come with 'you can cap a 5th', it's already hard for experienced players to cap a 5th rate with a brig, how should a new player do that without getting sunk and even if, he only captures a shitty frig you can't level with... 

Those FAQs are just the tip of the iceberg! 

Just now, Nelsons Barrel said:

The new player experience is shit, have you ever checked what kind of broken ships are for sale in the capitals? After that the cannon prices... Starting that game without a proper clan economy or 5 alts and a lot of planning and afk sailing? Just not possible to play this game casually. 

And don't come with 'you can cap a 5th', it's already hard for experienced players to cap a 5th rate with a brig, how should a new player do that without getting sunk and even if, he only captures a shitty frig you can't level with... 

What do you suggest ? Realistically and honestly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

have you ever checked what kind of broken ships are for sale in the capitals?

After that the cannon prices...

proper clan economy

5 alts 

lot of planning

afk sailing

hard for experienced players to cap a 5th rate with a brig

how should a new player do that without getting sunk 

All you suggest, with all honesty and realistically speaking... is a "contract system" ?!

Come on, realistically and with all honesty, what do you suggest ? As contracts are in game - player sells by this amount, you buy if you want. NPC store sells ships by resources price needed to craft it with a small % on top, like 10% iirc.

Please. It is important to be clear, honest, realistic and direct.

Just now, Hethwill said:

All you suggest, with all honesty and realistically speaking... is a "contract system" ?!

Come on, realistically and with all honesty, what do you suggest ? As contracts are in game - player sells by this amount, you buy if you want. NPC store sells ships by resources price needed to craft it with a small % on top, like 10% iirc.

Please. It is important to be clear, honest, realistic and direct.

There are no contracts like 'I need a good ship for pve, please craft me'. Currently there is simply no market so nobody sells. 

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Sorry to bother you. It must be me not understanding what you trying to explain :( 

It's not only you

8 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

There are no contracts like 'I need a good ship for pve, please craft me'. Currently there is simply no market so nobody sells. 

Please give us a concrete explanation of how you would like it to look and what it should accomplish in your opinion. Not one sentence an explanation for dummies please :) 

The in-game economy is a hard fix because to be able to discern solid results from any changes, good or bad, we need a higher population. What works or doesn't work for 200-400 players wont be the same for 1-2k or more.

19 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

I disagree.  I was new at Xmas and had no real trouble.  Started on PVE, did a bunch of reading (Google searches led me to this forum), learned how to cap a trader and where to trade by trial and error in a safe environment.  Now I had money and could buy new ships as I did the grind. 

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Sorry to bother you. It must be me not understanding what you trying to explain :( 

A contract system that not just allows crafters to sell ships, but also allows players to put up a "Request-ship-contract".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

He's talking about buy contracts for ships (duh)
It's been suggested before.

So you dont think theres a correlation between economy and ship crafting, supply, and demand? 

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

He's talking about buy contracts for ships (duh)

So I could place a contract in a port like I can now for ressources for ships where I choose the build and how much I am willing to pay for such a ship?

Just now, Oberon74 said:

You can go on Nation chat and do that

You can but tbh it sounds like an interesting idea to me. Question is how well it would work becuase most contracts would be dirt cheap for ships and probably never fill. But it might be worth a try.

3 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Plenty of ships for sale in the Ship Shop.  Nothing better if youre going to dash up to the patrol zone and get your ass handed to you

buy contracts are an essential part of an economy, we have them for resources so if there are none in port you can create demand by offering up a price to anyone who can deliver, the alternative is spamming nation chat for people to build you ships.

Edited by Slim McSauce