Game-Labs Forum
Wind

Battlefield V = Bad Company 3 (your thoughts)

As a WWII historical reenactor this game video trailer makes me wanna cry. Who the hell made that shit game ? Firing full auto MG42 with one hand... i guess they never fired this weapon once in their life...

1r5pbd.jpg

Edited by Otto Kohl
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

I just preordered Post Scriptum this morning on account of this thread.  Seems right up my alley.

YAY! Cant wait to see you on the battlefield.

What I saw of BF5 it looked like WW2 for kids with ADHD.  Just too much non-stop super-saturated (palette-wise) action.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

After 5000 hours Arma is dead to me. Clunky game series needs a serious engine update that brings the game back into the 21st century. 

I don't have much experience with other first person shooters.  ARMA held my interest, the others seemed a wee bit gamey, but I am fascinated by teamwork and communication.

You could be accurate about the ARMA update need.  I still enjoy it, but I will be dead long before I have 5000 hours. LOL.

Like this, none. I bought a new graphic card just to be able to play it. a GEFORCE 4 if I remember correctly.

What a good times 😊

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

hurhurhur troll alert.

The irony of the whole thing being PUBG was a Arma mod first :P 

No troll mate, its rumoured that its coming.

Also Arma BR was a mod from Playerunknown (he also did H1Z1 BR)

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

No troll mate, its rumoured that its coming.

Also Arma BR was a mod from Playerunknown (he also did H1Z1 BR)

I know :) Also I hate it so your evil for suggesting it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Like this, none. I bought a new graphic card just to be able to play it. a GEFORCE 4 if I remember correctly.

What a good times 😊

HELL YEAH!

Best game ever :)

I even bought all the expensions :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

I just preordered Post Scriptum this morning on account of this thread.  Seems right up my alley.

Image result for mod squad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

As a WWII historical reenactor this game video trailer makes me wanna cry. Who the hell made that shit game ? Firing full auto MG42 with one hand... i guess they never fired this weapon once in their life...

Was there legit a part in the Battlefield trailer that did that? I made a joke earlier about it saying it'll be like people hip-firing MG42s 😄

I've not watched it so think i will now. 🙈

What the fuck did i just watch, looked cool but... 

I'm so glad i got involved in Arma with @Jubal Early with the slower but tense fights and then him mentioning Post scriptum. 

Edited by Bloody Hound

11 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

Was there legit a part in the Battlefield trailer that did that? I made a joke earlier about it saying it'll be like people hip-firing MG42s 😄

I've not watched it so think i will now. 🙈

What the fuck did i just watch, looked cool but... 

I'm so glad i got involved in Arma with @Jubal Early with the slower but tense fights and then him mentioning Post scriptum. 

Me after watching that crap...

599121_528284630555862_322360760_n.jpg?_

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Post Scriptum looks fun, but if it doesn't have a 'no respawn' mode it is more of a Battlefield style.  King Of The Hill is okay but it's not a hardcore realism style when dead players provide recce information.  I'm keeping my my fingers crossed that one life missions will be available.

ARMA WW2 is currently very well done. Check out IFA3, IFA3_LITE, GEIST and Facesofwar

It has no destruction, it feels so old. It reminds me original Medal of Honor. It's almost 2019 outside... come on.

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wind said:

It has no destruction, it feels so old. It reminds me original Medal of Honor. It's almost 2019 outside... come on.

call of duty has no destruction and the people keep buying it

Makes me kind of sad. Growing up with games like the original CODs, World at War, 1942, Red Orchestra, medal of honor; Even though just games, payed dear homage to the conflict which was WW2. World at War especially imo which gave you the pacific and western front, both absolutely brutal in their own ways.Paired with the historical film reels, statistics, locations, famous speeches, all came together to not only be great presentation for a campaign, but also gave you general knowledge of what WW2 was.

Then I saw the BFV trailer and I couldn't be more dissatisfied. So wacky and overdone, not at all like older games that carried themselves with a modicum of nuance. Why do WW2 if you don't have respect for history? This isn't a fantasy game like wolfenstein. For lots of kids this is their first peeks at the wars. It's just so dumb and you could feel this coming when they made France of all nations paid DLC for BF1. Junkfood for the mind made to give you a huge rush for about a year until you burn out, just in time for the next game.

Battlefield has always entertained me for afew months, after that i just put it down. I feel with Post Scriptum while it does not have the flashy Graphics (still good to me) as modern games. It's gameplay and replayabilty make up for it tenfold to the point where i can see myself coming back at it for Years.

Much like Mount and Blade, i don't play it for the amazing graphics and 100s of men screaming in my ear during a siege but for the amazing gameplay.

4 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

I feel holy. My purpose here is complete. :)

Edited by Wind

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Makes me kind of sad. Growing up with games like the original CODs, World at War, 1942, Red Orchestra, medal of honor; Even though just games, payed dear homage to the conflict which was WW2. World at War especially imo which gave you the pacific and western front, both absolutely brutal in their own ways.Paired with the historical film reels, statistics, locations, famous speeches, all came together to not only be great presentation for a campaign, but also gave you general knowledge of what WW2 was.

Then I saw the BFV trailer and I couldn't be more dissatisfied. So wacky and overdone, not at all like older games that carried themselves with a modicum of nuance. Why do WW2 if you don't have respect for history? This isn't a fantasy game like wolfenstein. For lots of kids this is their first peeks at the wars. It's just so dumb and you could feel this coming when they made France of all nations paid DLC for BF1. Junkfood for the mind made to give you a huge rush for about a year until you burn out, just in time for the next game.

So, you telling me that during WW2 there were no special forces who painted their faces and could customize their weapons any way they like? There was no people with prosthetic hands that were lost during action? structures did not collapse or were torn to pieces? females soldiers did not kill 1000s of nazis? There were no blown up bridges with vehicles falling from them. BFV is unique in every possible way. I have lvl 140 in every their game and still come back for more. I did on the other hand grew up on Call Of Duty and medal of honor , they all lack what BF has. It's just me and I do not fight with anyone. We all have our own taste. It's just I got tired of shooting a house with a tank and nothing would happen with people hiding behind the paper walls that bullets could not penetrate. lol

Edited by Wind

45 minutes ago, Wind said:

So, you telling me that during WW2 there were no special forces who painted their faces and could customize their weapons any way they like? There was no people with prosthetic hands that were lost during action? structures did not collapse or were torn to pieces? females soldiers did not kill 1000s of nazis? There were no blown up bridges with vehicles falling from them. BFV is unique in every possible way. I have lvl 140 in every their game and still come back for more. I did on the other hand grew up on Call Of Duty and medal of honor , they all lack what BF has. It's just me and I do not fight with anyone. We all have our own taste. It's just I got tired of shooting a house with a tank and nothing would happen with people hiding behind the paper walls that bullets could not penetrate. lol

All of those things can fit in an authentic setting. I'm not mad that it's silly and watered down, they shouldn't have advertised it as authentic and believable when it clearly isn't. It should be called battlefield hero's 2 since they're trying so hard to make a sequel of  the first one. The WW2 games I know don't use WW2 as a stopgap between generic titles. They could have sequel'd 2142 and it would've more fit the stuff they're trying to do. But this is EA and they want to show how much "progress" they've made between 1942 and BFV, just like 2005's SW:BF2 compared to EA's Battlefront. EA should have their World War license taken away aswell :D

Edited by Slim McSauce

9 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

same here, any idea on release date/weekend pub playtests? been following up on it for a month now

Edited by Potemkin

12 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

same here, any idea on release date/weekend pub playtests? been following up on it for a month now

Public testing was suppose to start this month with the new engine. But they found a significant pub concerning vehicles that they want to fix first before public testing. It should be soon.

7 hours ago, Davos Seaworth said:

Public testing was suppose to start this month with the new engine. But they found a significant pub concerning vehicles that they want to fix first before public testing. It should be soon.

Release date was today. I should think it'll be out within 2 weeks.

• Like 1