Game-Labs Forum
Wind

Battlefield V = Bad Company 3 (your thoughts)

I think they did a really good job (looks at Tiger Tank), take a look at these early details. 

World War II setting. New cooperative mode. New approaches to progression and personalization. No more premium pass.

1. Build up your base

Fortifications are a thing now! Every soldier hits the battlefield with a tool kit in hand. You can use that tool kit in set locations — especially around capture points — to build resupply stations, sandbag walls, barbed wire fences, tank deterrents, foxholes... you name it.

2. Stick with your squad

Squads are elevated to a whole new level of importance in Battlefield V. You've always had the ability to respawn on squadmates, but now you can go a step further and actually see where they are and what they're doing from an over-the-shoulder perspective before you spawn back in.

You know how you used to spawn in on a squadmate only to be gunned down seconds later? That should happen a whole lot less in Battlefield V.

3. Anyone can revive now, sort of

Medics are still very much the go-to soldier class for players that like to heal. They can revive any downed soldier quickly, bringing them back to full health and ready to fight in no time. But medics aren't the only way to escape death.

Squadmates also have the ability to revive one another, regardless of class. It'll take longer to do the revive than a proper medic, and your buddy won't come back with all their health. But it's something. Especially since....

4. You can drag downed teammates to safety

Great news for medics and helpful squadmates alike: When you see a teammate bleeding out on the ground, you can lend a hand and drag them off to a safe location before you get to work on reviving them. It's especially helpful for squadmate revives, since those take longer (unless you're a medic). But everyone should benefit from not being caught in a situation where you're gunned down immediately after being revived.

5. Squad leaders can do cool stuff if they lead well

It's not new that Battlefield's squad leaders get some measure of control over their squaddies: When you're the leader, you can issue non-verbal orders that highlight a particular capture/defend point or some other objective.

Battlefield V takes that leadership a step further by giving every squad leader a radio. As your squaddies follow orders and complete objectives, you earn points. Earn enough points and you can spend them, via the radio, on all sorts of bonuses: Supply drops, smoke screen barrages, heavy weapons and tanks, and even rocket strikes.

6. Stationary weapons are stationary no more

Fixed weapon emplacements like anti-air or anti-tank turrets are no longer locked in one location. In Battlefield V you're able to connect them to an assortment of vehicles and drag them around, trailer-style.

7. Soldier classes can be further specialized

Battlefield's four core classes — Assault, Support, Medic, and Recon — are all back in Battlefield V, but that's only where your customization begins. New archetypes allow you to tailor your preferred class for different types of battle conditions. DICE didn't go too heavily into the specifics here, but these archetypes come with skill trees that look like they offer a significant amount of control over how you progress.

battlefield-bad-company-3.jpg

Game Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ZpQadiyqs

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

Trailer was pretty crap and didn't do anything to get me interested.

It was only after listening to a video of a guy who had more details and what is different from the most recent BF game that I liked it more.

Overall, eh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Trailer was pretty crap and didn't do anything to get me interested.

It was only after listening to a video of a guy who had more details and what is different from the most recent BF game that I liked it more.

Overall, eh.

Trailer showed everything I needed to see. No matter if 60% of it was cinematic, it showed Frostbite capabilities to it's finest. 

Planes, Tanks, Mobile aa/guns, artillery strikes, super weapons, deep customization, Bad Company 2+ destruction and more. Also, random bullet spread is removed. You hit where you aim now. Not sure how many hardcore FPS players are here, but I dominated Battlefield since BF2 came out. This one is looking good so far. Also, you can now show females how it's done lol.

I already can see myself dominating skies in Messerschmitt and rolling around in my Tiger. 

Edited by Wind

i am waiting for Post Scriptum which i think will be alot better for the more hardcore/realism players.

Cheaper game too.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 5

Just now, Bloody Hound said:

i am waiting for Post Scriptum which i think will be alot better for the more hardcore/realism players.

Cheaper game too.

Will fit perfectly as a replacement for ww2 arma, at least for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Will fit perfectly as a replacement for ww2 arma, at least for me.

Exactly, slow placed, tactical gameplay beats the rushing of Battlefield while hip firing MG42s in my opinion each to the own style of gameplay ofcourse.  (No hating  battlefield here) but Post Scriptum fills my slot of a WW2 shoot em up.

Edited by Bloody Hound

10 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

Cheaper game too.

It's more accurate, and that is about it. I love environment destruction in Battlefield and that is why I have been with them since 2005. I played many accurate WW2 games and they all repeat itself, it's getting boring. I need a new fresh battlefield. 

Edited by Wind

Honestly, all 7 points in the OP are pretty much covered by bohemia for a long time now. Spend enough time in wasteland with and without zeus mode to pretty much shrug anything that promises spectacular novelties.

But Battlefield has more "weeeee" factor. Tends to be more attractive to less tactical oriented players and more to run with guns while having a laugh or trolling hard :)

7 minutes ago, Wind said:

It's more accurate, and that is about it. I love environment destruction in Battlefield and that is why I have been with them since 2005. I played many accurate WW2 games and they all repeat itself, it's getting boring. I a need new fresh battlefield. 

Destruction while amazing, just ends up as eye candy most the time i feel. but i'm not going to argue points each to there own game like i said. Just thought i'd mention that i'm waiting for a different WW2 game than getting excited over Battlefield 5.

It just comes down to the price for me, £20 for a game that fills my needs other than i assume a £40 one which gives me a *that was awesome* moment every now and then.

Edited by Bloody Hound

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

But Battlefield has more "weeeee" factor. Tends to be more attractive to less tactical oriented players and more to run with guns while having a laugh or trolling hard :)

Oh no, since bf1 team tactic play is on the top priority. You always will get people who just play solo, do whatever. I play with a squad/clan and we always develop tactics. It's fast paced, but requires some thinking. 

It's also based on server you pick. One could be a skilled team of pros steamrolling through noobs, other could be pros vs pros and that is the one you want to Mark As Favorite. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

Absolutely. And that is great.

Battlefield 2  (Forgotten Hope) all over again then ?

... i guess not...

Battlefield has become way to casual. I think the style of BF 1942 and 2 would be the best for the series.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pada said:

Battlefield has become way to casual. I think the style of BF 1942 and 2 would be the best for the series.

I don't know I enjoy and adapt to them all. I realize more and more that people do not like changes, no matter if they make game better or not, they just like to stick with simple old mechanics. This is reality. 

You say it's casual, yes everyone can try and get their ass kicked and leave. Casuals get quick scoped or knifed all the time. When time passes professionals appear and that is where fun begins. They know tactics, weapons and game from top to bottom, your team is trying to push and suddenly you feel the resistance. 

Edited by Wind

Overall looks interesting. Probs wont pay the £50 price tag for it cuz EA can eat a dick.

Post scriptum is where my interest lies. Should be out soon hopefully.

Join me and hound for a game or 7 when it comes out @Hethwill  ?

Battlefield V? Don't care. Post Scriptum. 

I use to love Battlefield franchise but the last time I really enjoyed one was Bad Company 2. They have been trying to compete since then heavily against Call of Duty series and has water down the games content. 

• Like 5

Aye someone should set up a Discord group for NA Post Scriptum players :D 

Seems we have afew guys interested in it on here :P 

• Like 1

Funny how that LT vid introduction speech could be applied to... arhem... NA ;)  ( stick to the guns! nevermind the ememoh) 

Post Scriptum looks fun, but if it doesn't have a 'no respawn' mode it is more of a Battlefield style.  King Of The Hill is okay but it's not a hardcore realism style when dead players provide recce information.  I'm keeping my my fingers crossed that one life missions will be available.

ARMA WW2 is currently very well done. Check out IFA3, IFA3_LITE, GEIST and Facesofwar

• Like 1

After 5000 hours Arma is dead to me. Clunky game series needs a serious engine update that brings the game back into the 21st century. 
No game should require such expensive PC's to play multiplayer effectively.

Also look into Project reality and Squad. To understand what post scriptum is you need to understand where its come from. It was born out of BF2 ;) 

Edited by Capt Jubal Early
  • Like 2