Game-Labs Forum

Captains view from helm/wheel and crows nest.

I would like a certain key, maybe H, when you click once, it takes you to the helm of the ship (captain's view). One more click would take you to the crows nest. The mouse/look around would work the same in either case. Once more takes you back to normal over view.  Thanks! Love the game! 

-capnoob

• Like 11

Oh how many times I have thought about this! I'm still stuck on the sea trials idea of limiting view in combat to deck, helm, and crows nest but I know its too late to try that :C So i'll have to make peace with asking for the option to see from these views.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
spelling is hard
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

While the suggestion is not bad remember that many ships have one sailor at the helm and wasnt the captain.

That's ok just have the view behind the wheel. The cap would be standing there irl anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Add control of the ship from the camera view and we could sail from any point of view.  Limit the distance from the ship if metagaming is a concern.

I was thinking that scroll view in/out wouldn't work, just look around. (In capn and crow view) Other controls would work normally. 

Also, can we get a generic captain standing in proper place per ship/nation. He could shout generic orders randomly, again, per nation.  I realize you can't just drop a couple lines of code and implement these things, but I think they would be worthwhile to the game for a future update.  I really could go on and on how much I love this game. 

• Like 1

This was actually requested by several people including me before this game went to Steam, and periodically after.  But over the years seeing as major things haven't happened I'm not holding my breath.  TBH I would LOVE this, and if the day comes we ever get it I will be very happy.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 3