Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Suggestion with example:

when T is used(depower) at full sails and the ship goes to dead slow and  T is pressed again (bring back staysails) the ship will still have squaresails at dead slow but staysails are at full sails configuration.

Double tap T will hoist staysails of the current sail configuration

Currrent ingame example:

  • At Full sails 100% you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails) and you press T again (hoist staysails) you only get the dead slow staysails 20%.

Regarding my suggestion:

  • At Full sails 100% you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails )and you press T again (hoist staysails) you get the full staysails 100%.
  • At Full 100% sails you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails) and you double tap T again (hoist staysails) you get the dead slow staysails 20%.

Its just a small feature for more sail area control

 

Pros:

  • more sail control

 

Cons:

  • sometimes more clicking
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly confused.

Depower currently just affects staysails, are you suggesting it affect staysails and square sails?

I guess my question is, what would you suggestion do different then what depower currently does? Do you mean that at 10o% sails you get 100% depower and at 40% battle sails you get the 40% depower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Slightly confused.

Depower currently just affects staysails, are you suggesting it affect staysails and square sails?

I guess my question is, what would you suggestion do different then what depower currently does? Do you mean that at 10o% sails you get 100% depower and at 40% battle sails you get the 40% depower?

Currrent ingame example:

  • At Full sails 100% you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails) and you press T again (hoist staysails) you only get the dead slow staysails 20%.

Regarding my suggestion:

  • At Full sails 100% you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails )and you press T again (hoist staysails) you get the full staysails 100%.
  • At Full 100% sails you press T (removing staysails) and you go to dead slow 20% (square sails) and you double tap T again (hoist staysails) you get the dead slow staysails 20%.

Its just a small feature for more sail area control

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think z4ys is saying if you double tap T the amount of stay sails that get raised and lowered will be based of what sail your at. So Battle sails (40%) you would get (40%) of the stay sails instead of all of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what could be simpler as double tap will always bring up 100% staysails but that would remove configurations of 40% square sails and 60% staysails for example.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

 

When I saw the depowering update, I first thought that it was what you describe, I was disappointed when it wasn’t. I’d like better ability to customize sailplans, this seems like an easy to implement option to do so. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it would be nice is you had the same percent as main sails - 0%, 20%, 40%, 60% 80% and 100% - and be able to set independently from the main sails - the on/off nature of staysails today often means constantly turning them on/off to get the desired speed.

At certain headings you can move the main sails to remove sails force - but heading closer to the wind that is not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, William Death said:

+1

 

When I saw the depowering update, I first thought that it was what you describe, I was disappointed when it wasn’t. I’d like better ability to customize sailplans, this seems like an easy to implement option to do so. 

Yeah i rushed to try that out as we got that patch and was really disappointed as well.  The suggestion is a small change but a game changer in my opinion^^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah double tap should bring you back to 100% or all the way down to 0%.  Other wise each time you tap it would be nice to move  percentage of your sails like your main.  That way along with your hards and other things you can slowly adjust your speed to match other folks.

 

Another thing that would love is an auto speed set for OW, not an auto pilote to follow some one, but sets auto speed to match the lead player in a group.  That way the group leader can set his speed and the rest of the group can push the button and match his speed.  Of course the limit's would always be you can only go so fast as your ship allowed so the slowest guy will still be the slowest but if say the lead sets to battle sails it's than every one else can match his speed and follow as it's not faster than the slowest guy in the group.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

...

Another thing that would love is an auto speed set for OW, not an auto pilote to follow some one, but sets auto speed to match the lead player in a group.  That way the group leader can set his speed and the rest of the group can push the button and match his speed.  Of course the limit's would always be you can only go so fast as your ship allowed so the slowest guy will still be the slowest but if say the lead sets to battle sails it's than every one else can match his speed and follow as it's not faster than the slowest guy in the group.

make a new suggestion for it :) +1 for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×