Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

We started a new Series on our YouTube channel called ships of old!

In it we discuss different topics in and around the age of sail!

New Episodes come out evry two to three weeks!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPtiBJUUNRoedFTC0p8dS-A

First Episode: Ship Rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHRXZ9lcSgU

 

Second Episode: How Cannons were fired in the age of Sail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilUCPVrG-2s

 

Edited by Marcus Maturin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would like to have a more visual explanation, especially because i doubt that the majority was every on a wooden warship. Furthermore your camera work reminds me of blair witch project. 😕

I like the idea but not the execution

here is an example what i mean when i talk about more visual explanation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Furthermore your camera work reminds me of blair witch project. 😕

LOL that was what I was thinking, "OH CRAP NOT ANOTHER SHAKY CAMERA VIDEO."  So sick of that style of movies.  It didn't bother me so much the style he was going for with that video, it was just the shacking and fact you can hear it on the mic the hole time.....maybe use one of those selfy sticks so he doesn't shack so much and make noise the mic pics up?

Though it's a start and videos can be good for new players I kinda agree more visuals even if it's just more in game videos of showing things like pitch and roll and other things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback! I´ll try and improve with your suggestions! Next Video on ships of old will be out on the first of June!

 

On 5/22/2018 at 7:50 PM, z4ys said:

here is an example what i mean when i talk about more visual explanation.

How did you directly imbed the YouTube video in the forum?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click share below the vid on the YouTube page. Then copy link. Paste the link to the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 10:49 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

OH CRAP NOT ANOTHER SHAKY CAMERA VIDEO

 

On 5/22/2018 at 7:50 PM, z4ys said:

I personally would like to have a more visual explanation, especially because i doubt that the majority was every on a wooden warship. Furthermore your camera work reminds me of blair witch project. 😕

I got rid of the Camera shake in this one and played a bit with visual explanations but I still have to work on those! Hope its more to your taste 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marcus Maturin said:

 

I got rid of the Camera shake in this one and played a bit with visual explanations but I still have to work on those! Hope its more to your taste 😉

Yah way better without the shaky camera.  I can tell your getting a little more use to speaking on video to, a big improvement from the last one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah way better without the shaky camera.  I can tell your getting a little more use to speaking on video to, a big improvement from the last one.

I agree. Much more fun to watch.👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool idea on your part!

The Integration of video from Naval Action helps to bring your story to life. I could see the potential of staging and recording more details of these various battles using Naval Action in conjunction with your diagrams.

Thanks for investing your time and energy and sharing with us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 11:22 PM, Captiva said:

Cool idea on your part!

The Integration of video from Naval Action helps to bring your story to life. I could see the potential of staging and recording more details of these various battles using Naval Action in conjunction with your diagrams.

Thanks for investing your time and energy and sharing with us. 

Thankyou!

Sadly with work and the videos I have way to little time to actually play Naval Action let alone stage a fight at that scale in the game but maybe someday it’ll be an option!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't clearly see what straight razor is being used in the other video. Which one is it if i may ask? ( gotta ask the important questions )

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

I can't clearly see what straight razor is being used in the other video. Which one is it if i may ask? ( gotta ask the important questions )

Its a Hans Baier made in Solingen. I can´t find the exact one but something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Razor-Ebony-Hollow-Ground/dp/B01FF2T42W

The one in the Video was about 100€

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marcus Maturin said:

Its a Hans Baier made in Solingen.

Thank you, i haven't heard much about that brand i'll look into their products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next Episode is out!

Fourth Episode: Basic Sailing Terms

The latest Episode of Ships of old is out covering some basic Sailing Terms! Still I think most, or at least some of you will learn something new!

 

Edited by Marcus Maturin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×