Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion:

• Give access to all pve drops (except chests) for pve and pvp currency in the admiralty shop

Details:

• AI battles inside the carezone just give xp and cash
  • AI battles outside the carezone give in addtion to xp and cash pve currency

Pros:

• reduce impact of rng
  • reduce price of items
  • easy access
  • less fear of loss
  • less grind

Cons:

• reduce pve content
  • less motivation to play

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 9

Maybe some of the more rare drops can have missions you actually have to do to get them.  Like kill so many players, do so many boarding etc etc  and it will unlock and give you that drop.   In most games you had mission/epics/boss's you could only get certain gear from.  I wouldn't mind grinding some AI if I had a for sure win of a certain item.  Just like the epic loot chest for sinking all ships should go to all players not just one chest you have to share the loot from. It's bad enough you have to split the 9 (if you get all) silver/gold chest from the ships.  If we all lived than we should all 6 players get there own Epic loot chest (drop it like old PB's did if you won).

54 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Suggestion:

• Give access to all pve drops (except chests) for pve and pvp currency in the admiralty shop

Details:

• AI battles inside the carezone just give xp and cash
  • AI battles outside the carezone give in addtion to xp and cash pve currency

Pros:

• reduce impact of rng
  • reduce pice of items
  • easy access
  • less fear of loss
  • less grind

Cons:

• reduced pve content

I understand the reasoning to lessen the grinding, however most players will tell you that often in games the path to reach the top level is the fun part they share with friends. Once you reach the peak you start another grind that can also be rewarding in gathering top end eq (ships/skill books/etc) in our case. But there is a fine balance to finetune with grinding.

This is why so many areas is MMOs are empty areas once people have levelled or grinded past it. There is simply no reason to be there once you gained reputation with a group/area or collected all the oddly shaped leafs you needed to get that special thingy you just wanted.

However much it sucks that randomness is a part of the game , its also a reason to keep doing stuff. If you could grind something to trade it in people will do that and then never repeat that again.

It would be better if you could trade in 2 rare books for the special book you need to complete your set but we can trade with other humans to do that but it takes more time then a automated admiralty clerk.

Reducing rewards inside safe zone for higher ranked captains is ok, but it needs to be done to keep it fun for the casuals without punishing them.

However, I am all for a rework of anything that adds more content to not only PvP players.

Where is my Trading marks that I can spend to buy a skillbook that gives +speed only in OW ?

But removing content is not needed as there is not exactly to much choices what to do at present time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Just what the game needs, reduce content and that people have less motivation to play. Continue like that champion !! 😉

people leave because of grind and rng as well and for some pve is not really content and its just an annoyance. 😉

And I didnt suggest to remove ow drops at all i just suggested an alternative way to get access to pve items. Everyone who still likes to hunt rare items at sea can still do it so its not really a remove or reduction of pve content and pve currency has still to be obtained.

Edited by z4ys

I still dont have any of these super fancy books (art of ship handling, art of proper cargo dist., book of five rings, ...) : D

Be nice to be able to get them for currency / marks instead.

• Like 4

people leave because of grind and rng as well and for some pve is not really content and its just an annoyance. 😉

PvP marks giving access to rare books for proper price on the other hand could be more reasonable.

I still dont have any of these super fancy books (art of ship handling, art of proper cargo dist., book of five rings, ...) : D

So you don't want to do any PvE but you still want the rewards.  If that is the case, then those of us who do PvE would like for PvP marks to drop from Ai.. (not a serious suggestion)

Seriously come on guys. You want these books? Then you can already get them without doing PvE by just typing in trade/nation/global "WTB...."

Making it so you don't have to interact/buy from players and just buy from the "Shop" in a game that is meant to be a player driven economy is just a little silly.

Should drop rates of books be higher when killing/looting Ai?, yeah I think so, or perhaps making it so every other book that you do get drop, is not a "mast rake aft" or "winged out ballast" or the other usual suspects like "pellews sights" etc. might be enough to make a difference. As some books seem to drop way to much and others not at all (steel tool box 1-3).

This would then, ease access, to many of the books for people and allow more onto the open market, which in turn means the PvP only crowd has easier access to buy them and promote the trade between players that the Dev's want.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

I still dont have any of these super fancy books (art of ship handling, art of proper cargo dist., book of five rings, ...) : D

These books are usefull for PVP players, but only PVE relentless players can get them out of randomised pop of rare books. Contradiction, or forced team work?

11 minutes ago, Chug said:

...So you don't want to do any PvE but you still want the rewards. 

Focus of NA is PvP. And as i wrote

...Give access to all pve drops (except chests) for pve and pvp currency in the admiralty shop ...

Its a choice. Like PVE players have the choice to buy pvp currency and by permits,notes and pvp books. Why PvP players dont have the choice or alternative to buy PvE books other than by the drop luck of some pve players? That doesnt make sense.

PvP players sell pvp marks to pve players. The marks dont care what is bought,it can be any pvp item = easy access

PvE Players sell books and mods to pvp players. That is a special item depending on RNG = no easy access

Why not change it to:

Pve Players sell pve currency to pvp players: The marks dont care what is bought, it can be any pve item = easy access

For me it looks like balance

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chug said:

So you don't want to do any PvE but you still want the rewards.

Why would upgrades / books that are mostly useful in PvP be PvE rewards?

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Liq said:

Good question. And I might be not entirely correct in my interpretation, but here it goes...

Reading the entire thing, like for the 5th time, I come to the conclusion that everything becomes available to everyone through Admiralty.

No more ceaseless hunting and disparity. If we must have it all, then we all have it. 

51 minutes ago, Liq said:

Its not about to restrict current pve rewards that are mostly useful for pvp to pvp players only. Its about to balance access for all. Like pve players have easy access to any pvp items by just buying a mark. Why not apply that for pve items for pvp players?

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Their usefulness is the same regardless of PvP or PvE its just your perspective that adds value to one over the other. 

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Focus of NA is PvP

Foucs does not mean sole purpose. If it was then there wouldn't be crafting/trade goods/Ai/epic events etc

PvE gives a foundation and meaning/value to PvP content.

Its not about to restrict current pve rewards that are mostly useful for pvp to pvp players only. Its about to balance access for all. Like pve players have easy access to any pvp items by just buying a mark. Why not apply that for pve items for pvp players?

you can already buy many books for pve marks in the shop but yes, not all of them.

I get that you want easier access to items by playing just the way you want to play. No one likes being forced to do something they hate doing just because they want the end reward for doing it. ( hostility missions to get port battles is a good example :P )

That's why trading exists in the game but there's a real danger that if you make everything available in the shop to buy with whatever currency you have then within a week everyone will have everything and they wont really of played the game.

The rarer books take time to collect. This gives them some meaning and value beyond what they actually do which is no bad thing. Collecting and then making the "five rings" for example is an achievement, sure it takes time and effort and some luck but the satisfaction of "earning" it matters. Being able to just buy the 5 books books in a few clicks is not a good game design nor is it good for the game.

Making the drop rates some what higher for certain books, as mentioned before, would really solve any issue with access people have. If more people were putting these rarer books up for sale then this topic wouldn't exist.

Why not start with a mod rework? Some are just too good, some are just bad. Remove a whole bunch make the rest desirable.

Yes your right. Many of the books/upgrades are just pointless and bad and need reworking. Something I think will happen after the bigger changes are done, like the UI. Removing some of them however I'd disagree with.

Edited by Chug

49 minutes ago, z4ys said:

So conclusion is make pvp marks soulbound so pve players have something to achieve or what? Do you see the unbalance?

come on Z4ys think about it.

You have access to the PvE drop only books.... its called trading.

There is already an entire page of books you can buy with combat marks from the shop and combat marks drop from pvp and pve.

If a player doesn't want to PvP they still have to trade other players to get the pvp marks to buy anything.

there is no imbalance. At least not one that requires everything to be buy-able from an AI shop for any currency. Improved drop rates and balance of which books drop from AI would improve the situation. 

If more people were putting these rarer books up for sale then this topic wouldn't exist.

Your goal is right but i think your method is wrong. What next... ship knowledge takes to long to unlock I want to be able to buy the slot unlocks from the AI shop... come on.

that's all i got to say on this topic.

Edited by Chug
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Agreed. The books you build are meant to be super rare don't put them in the shop. Work for them.

So you agree that pvp currency can't be traded. In your words:"work for them" then that's how pvp items get obtained.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

So you agree that pvp currency can't be traded. In your words:"work for them" then that's how pvp items get obtained.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

But thats the inversion of the argument presented by chug :D

No, that would only be true if i said you cant trade for books, you have to find them yourself off the Ai. Which is not what i said.

1 hour ago, Chug said:

No, that would only be true if i said you cant trade for books, you have to find them yourself off the Ai. Which is not what i said.

trade for pvp items = marks = no rng involved -> means easy access

Trade for pve items = item itself = rng involved -> pure luck to get this item no easy access

you can not compare both trades.

The current system, like you love it, would kind of work if players would actually trade but player stock pile and that is undermining the system.

Edited by z4ys