Game-Labs Forum

World Cup (annual event)

Perhaps something like...

Player character can only compete in one team. Special duel room is open for 3 days with random opposition matchups. Teams can keep sailng in this round until they lose. Single elimination. Teams with 3 wins advance to next round. This process will probably cut the number of teams down for the next round to a manageable level. Then I'm not sure if we should do single elemination in subsequent round(s).

Tournament victories could be stored in place of the Trader Mark slot currently unused and could be wiped for each tourney. 

On 5/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, PG Monkey said:

Make it every 4 years like the real one..starting in 2022 :)

Don't you mean start in like 1722?  I mean the game does take place in that time not ours?

On 5/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, Liq said:

Rewards could be an extra title in game or paints

Warthunder had special decals you could paint your plane with for the tournament winners

Something that makes players want to participate but doesnt give stat boni. Id hate to see a 5% speed module as reward for the winners.

I can see giving out a participation reward where every one gets one item for joining (a paint of course) POTBS every one that did the races got a flag/sail pattern to use at start of the race so we all knew who was involved in it.  Than you got to keep it to show you where involved in that event.  Something like that.  Than have the winners get something else special.   If it's a ship something maybe like a speical paint for a ship that no one else has but it's a common ship or every one that wins gets a special GUNBOAT (there is an api entry for a fireshipgunboat paint).   Stuff like this that isn't to OP.