Game-Labs Forum

World Cup (annual event)

3 hours ago, admin said:

Let's do a sailing/fighting world cup guys?

Nations will create teams that will fight in overall or national qualifiers.
Winning teams will fight against other nations winning teams determining the winner. 

Qualifiers can be automated (using code from NA Legends weekend events (based on total wins out of limited number of tries).
Finals can be done live with volunteers (and streamed).

Prizes will include super rate ships, premium content codes, upgrades and other unique things. 

Thoughts? What do you think?

2 hours ago, Liq said:

@sveno @ZuLu oNe5432 hopp schwiz?

TEAM SWISS GOOOOOO!:D Iam Ready!!!!

4 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Not bad, but....If you want to win the title (whatever it is), shouldn't you be most proficient in all classes?

Why can't their be 3 winners? Every mothers port has different cups for engine performance. 

Edit: Hahahaha auto correct on phone... Motorsport is what I meant but that's to good to correct. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Would be better to have 3 separate cups. Light ships, frigates and sols. Each have br limits etc 

I actually like three classes cause well some folks are better in one style ship than others.  Also lets make it equal for the main ones where every one is in a Teak/Teak ship of that class with the same gun set ups and what not and we get a post of exactly what it is.  Maybe do an open cup later where we can bring what ever ship you want in it's BR class later.

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Why can't their be 3 winners? Evey mothers port has different cups for engine performance. 

But that will just cause arguments between the big ship boys and the small ship aficionados.  "My group requires more skill so we are better"...on second thought, that is fun too.

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

:( ... no love for the plain pristine unmodded, unperked, unslotted competition ?

Ok...

measurement of skill and not who has the biggest pockets to buy mods and books. I like it

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, yarrgh said:

If it helps implementing automated tournaments, why not? I'm sure an event like this would be superfun - but as you said, there is very easy ways to cheat with alts with so few ppl playing at the time, so this would have to be adressed -  or supervised in my opinion. PS: you said nations, do you consider pyrates to be a nation or would we be excluded from the event?

Team SWISS GOOO!!! :D I think personally in my Opinion Admins means "World CuP" soo no nations from game maybe real nation in real life ? Like me "Swiss" would be awesome we can play enough in our own nation ^^ it really would be awesome if we have some kind of "World CuP" many different nations of players ingame sounds very good...."and by the way I think doesnt matter of alts and cheating....because the Tournament will be separate anyway I think:P 

4 minutes ago, ZuLu oNe5432 said:

Team SWISS GOOO!!! :D I think personally in my Opinion Admins means "World CuP" soo no nations from game maybe real nation in real life ? Like me "Swiss" would be awesome we can play enough in our own nation ^^ it really would be awesome if we have some kind of "World CuP" many different nations of players ingame sounds very good...."and by the way I think doesnt matter of alts and cheating....because the Tournament will be separate anyway I think:P 

As I said earlier, it is not possible to use real world nations, as North Americans cant qualify for the World Cup (unless its ice hockey)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

As I said earlier, it is not possible to use real world nations, as North Americans cant qualify for the World Cup (unless its ice hockey)

:( nothing is impossible mate;) but I understand you (by the way this NA world cup stuff with stream and everything would be an amazig promoting for more players in the game) 

I was thinking more about "esports" Tournaments maybe in future ^^ Iam still waiting:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

:( ... no love for the plain pristine unmodded, unperked, unslotted competition ?

Ok...

I mean the ai part. If mods are being used I won't take part because I know that it will be northern carp elite French and carth meta

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

Rewards could be an extra title in game or paints

Warthunder had special decals you could paint your plane with for the tournament winners

Something that makes players want to participate but doesnt give stat boni. Id hate to see a 5% speed module as reward for the winners.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Rewards could be an extra title in game or paints

Warthunder had special decals you could paint your plane with for the tournament winners

Something that makes players want to participate but doesnt give stat boni. Id hate to see a 5% speed module as reward for the winners.

This is exactly what I mean. Players should be rewarded for their skill but it should not be with something that gives them an added advantage. Special paints, flags, sails, titles etc should be sufficient incentive for people to take part.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vazco said:

Great. We have 2 people in our clan. What is a requirement for a team size?

Just kidding.

@admin I like this idea. It will be far less complicated using the Legends code and putting captains in identical ships. 

• Like 2

Oh yes!

The last time I took part in something like this it took way to long to finish. So imo there should be a schedule with times and dates for all battles in advance. Then it is up to the teams to reschedule if the timing does not work. It's a much better place to start then first trying to get hold of someone on the other team, get a date and time out of them, check with your own team if this is works. If not = loop until result.

Also backup player for all team members, so if 3 players are needed on each team, the team should have 6 payer registered.