Game-Labs Forum

Rework of Nations for a clan based game approach

Suggestion:

Step 1:

1. Introducing a new starting nation like "North South Company".
  2. The starting nation gets an own "Carezone" that makes seal clubbing and other forms of ganking impossible
  3. Crafting in the new starting nation only up to lvl 2 shipyard
  4. no clans in the new starting nation are allowed
  5. can and can be attacked in ow
  6. no RVR for this nation

Step 2:

1. creating a clan lets the creator pick what nation flag the clan should fly. (A few might remember the flag choice in NAL that only had cosmetic effects to the flag on your ship but did not effect what player side you end up)
  2. Every clan is at war with every clan (like in NAL the flag is just cosmetic 2 clans that picked the spanish flag will be able to fight each other for each of them the enemy will fly pirate, US or whatever just like in NAL)
  3. A clan can have up to 2 friendly clans. (makes an alliance of 3 clans)

to become a friendly clan following rules apply

• combined clan member strength can not exceed 250 members (might be lowered for low population)

Benefits of a friendly clan

• access to ports of friendly clans
  • Only able to join battles on friendly side if friendly clan is involved
  • Able to join pb of friendly clans

Details:

ROE:

• Only able to join battles on friendly side if friendly clan is involved
  • Friendly clans get dragged into battle if they are together in the circle (just like same nation would be)
  • Able to join pb of friendly clans
  • All clans can fight each other except they are friendly to each other
  • Starting nation is hostile to every clan
  • Joining an ongoing battle is possible on every side except a friendly clan is involved. No info is giving who is fighting who except friendly clan is involved

Battles show:           Side 1 = 300BR vs Side 2 = 500BR (no friendly clan involved)

Side 1 = 300 BR vs ESEL =500BR (if friendly clan ESEL is involved)

RVR:

• RvR is not allowed for the new starting nation (but cant lose ports)
  • Every clan can attack a port of an other clan except they are friendly to each other
  • Ports can be set as "Clan" (only access by own clan or smuggler), "Friendly" (only access by them + friendly clans + smuggler) or "open for all" (access for everyone)

Starting Nation:

• all new accounts start in that nation
  • can build shipyards up to lvl 2
  • ship crafting has no chance of rng ship inbuilds or more then 3 mod slots
  • can not RvR
  • no clans within the starting nation are allowed
  • players of starting nation can not be sunk in their carezone by pvp
  • cannot have outposts outside their carezone

Clan:

• Leaving a Clan puts a player into a 7 day cooldown till he can create or join an other clan
  • Leaving a clan add the player back to the starting nation

Rework of forged papers:

forged papers let you change your player name every 30 days + reduces not able to join clan cooldown to 0 once every 30 days  😉

Pros:

• RvR pressure = limited ports and limited friends
  • more targets to fight
  • clan based gameplay
  • nations dont matter anymore
  • meaningful RVR
  • ports matter
  • small scale RVR = easy access
  • freetowns, open for all ports become trading hubs
  • possible to introduce more nations like Portugal for example
  • alts for access to eco become less important due to restricted members and access to port
  • easy nation hopping

Cons:

• nations dont matter anymore
  • RvR pressure
  • 250 member rofl stomper
  • to meaningful
  • no historical interpretation
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Ah well, all suggestions are worth what they are worth... but, no historical interpretation is a fare thee well for me, hanging the cutlasses above the fireplace and buy myself a farmstead and become a landlubber.

• Like 2

Why always this clan based approach i really dont get it. I see more of an issue with no real diplomatic setup at the moment and also no real insentive to go any nation thats available. Doesnt matter if you play as pirate; GB, Spain or whatever. You have the same ships and fight for the same ports. 

Make a decent system for diplomacy where you have allied and enemy nations.

Have more ships in the game so that you can only craft the ships relevant to you nation. I know what a pitty for the smaller nations that they can not sail around in Oceans or Santissimas but the seas have too many of these ships as is. 

11 minutes ago, Jake Newport said:

Why always this clan based approach i really dont get it. I see more of an issue with no real diplomatic setup at the moment and also no real insentive to go any nation thats available. Doesnt matter if you play as pirate; GB, Spain or whatever. You have the same ships and fight for the same ports. 

Make a decent system for diplomacy where you have allied and enemy nations.

Have more ships in the game so that you can only craft the ships relevant to you nation. I know what a pitty for the smaller nations that they can not sail around in Oceans or Santissimas but the seas have too many of these ships as is. 

nation nation alliance is bad because it reduces targets a lot. You cannot have an alliance just with one clan of a nation that would even affect the RoE. Therefore you would need an alliance for the hole nation and that did we try and it failed. With a clan based approche and limited allies we do it on a smaller scale by still keeping the huge amount of enemies. When only Clans and their friends have access to ports. Option are limited giving them meaning to own ports because no sucker has the luxus to pick out of the nations pocket except as new starting nation player.

The another problem is that current nations force clans to play together even if they hate each others. I have seen lot of nation that failed due to this problem. If dev will made this game true clan based it will open the way to deal with many issues in the future like alts. 

As long as we are in early acces we should try this !

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 1

I don't agree on a clan based system.

What about independent players? Are they to leave the game too?

What about new players? Will they be brought at random to some clan? What about languages?

This would reduce again the player base, simply.

11 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

I don't agree on a clan based system.

What about independent players? Are they to leave the game too?

What about new players? Will they be brought at random to some clan? What about languages?

This would reduce again the player base, simply.

Independent players can access bigger ships through boarding or buying them at open for all ports/ freetwons

They can make their own clan or simply stay in the starting nation there are no drawbacks for them except they cant be a sucker anymore

New players start in the starting nation and would now actually be protected through game mechanic (cant sink in their carezone in pvp) and they can decide what they want stay starting nation or join a clan.

Admin once said they might do a clan rating so new players can see what clans  do what so it gets easier what clan fits best to you.

Edited by z4ys

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

They can make their own clan or simply stay in the starting nation there are no drawbacks for them except they cant be a sucker anymore

If nations are kept on... What I know is I have 4 accounts in two nations.

• One is in a clan: it is a second job (diplomacy, farming, keeping the clan perfusion on, etc.).
  • The three others are fun.
Edited by Eleazar de Damas