Game-Labs Forum

[suggestion] Not So Empty Bottles change

If I recall correctly the wreck spawns within 2 grid squares of your location when it is opened. This distance is effected by land, ie; don't open a bottle on the east coast of Florida you may have to sail all the way around to the west.

If this mechanism is in place the suggestion does spice up the bottles. I have had wrecks spawn too close to well travelled areas before, but if the player with the bottle has some control it does soften the visible to all bit. I like the variable pick up as well. You choose what you sail to the wreck with and risk not getting everything, but you can take some anyway.

• Like 2

Also, this is very important. Bottle rate drop should increase in the area where pvp took place. Check pvp chat and see who killed who where, then sail there and fish around. Bottle pickup rates should be doubled in such areas after battles. This will promote sailing and possible pvp. 

Edited by Wind

I would say it is a good idea but wreck has to spawn in an isolated area. 

After a wreck is looted and it still has content remaining, wreck should be revealed for everyone on the map, after a set amount of time. 

Why not spawn a wreck independent of a bottle, reveal position on map, message to players, ship wreck sighted ne of la navasse. This is pvp generating content. 

16 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Why not spawn a wreck independent of a bottle, reveal position on map, message to players, ship wreck sighted ne of la navasse. This is pvp generating content. 

Is this not what the treasure fleet events are? They are announced and a location appears on the map and people rush to get the loot. I don't think it generates that much PvP and especially if you could part loot a wreck, as people would just use a very fast ship and take all the skill books and light stuff from the wrecks and be gone before anyone could catch them. It would become a lottery as to how close they spawned to where you had a fast ship.

Having the possibility of:

- come upon a wreck

- retrieve part of cargo

Ensures that the sailing done by new cadets ( truly newcomers ) is met with surprise encounter -and- partial success on retrieving part of the cargo. He might want to return after to get the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Having the possibility of:

- come upon a wreck -

- retrieve part of cargo

Ensures that the sailing done by new cadets ( truly newcomers ) is met with surprise encounter -and- partial success on retrieving part of the cargo. He might want to return after to get the rest.

Im hearing.....Please change the game so i can steal peoples wrecks.      No      , Id rather they didnt.

Example: It takes 5 weeks and you finally find a bottle..... you open and its stolen before you reach it. How many time would this have to happen before you have no interest in bottles. (meaning another part of the game becomes worthless)

There are much better ways to create PVP

Edited by Guest

I didn't touch PvP a single line in the entire suggestion. :(

Plus finding bottles is totally random and unpredictable. All it takes is sailing with the Fishing button turned on. It is a Bonus thing.

But thank you for you point of view, it brings angles that can go uncheked.

If I open a bottle and the ship wreak location spawns only on my map, then it makes perfect sense that other players could encounter this ship wreck in OW. This will provide more content in OW for all.

I'm not sure I like that other players can pick and choose what to take. It should be the same for them, all or nothing.

Edited by Tiedemann

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Plus finding bottles is totally random and unpredictable.

It evens out to one bottle per 24 real hours spent at sea, or 160 days at sea. Very roughly.

22 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

If I open a bottle and the ship wreak location spawns only on my map, then it makes perfect sense that other players could encounter this ship wreck in OW. This will provide more content in OW for all.

I'm not sure I like that other players can pick and choose what to take. It should be the same for them, all or nothing.

Everyone (even the bottle owner) would be able to pick just a part of the goodies

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

@Hethwill the Red Duke Very nice idea. I would also propose, that the way you find bottles be changed. Sealed bottles should be found on randomly spawning markers, like epic events and not with afk fishing. This would discourage afk sailing even further and promote exploring the OW. The distance at which the wreck spawns should be increased aswell - make the way to the treasure a real journey and give other players more time to find the wreck and snatch the loot. And most importantly the loot should be improved to actually make it worth it. This should not be a problem with the removel of afk fishing bottles. Make the mechanic more exciting and the loot worth the quest for it.

• Like 1

There have to be 2 types of ship-wrecks. 
The first, the found ship-wreck which any player can find is accidental and take away ship hold contents.
The second, the found bottle with coordinates of ship-wreck which is known only by the captain who found a bottle. From what suddenly do all captains have to learn about such interesting find in the sea? All possess telepathy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Medniy Sandal said:

There have to be 2 types of ship-wrecks. 
The first, the found ship-wreck which any player can find is accidental and take away ship hold contents.
The second, the found bottle with coordinates of ship-wreck which is known only by the captain who found a bottle. From what suddenly do all captains have to learn about such interesting find in the sea? All possess telepathy?

Well yeah, the "lost fleet" wrecks with the treasure chest should randomly spawn in OW and not be announced. This way sailing in the OW gets some exploration value and sailing long distances without going afk would be rewarded. I am not a fan of the current sunken fleet event and believe it would be much better unannounced as permanent OW feature.

Exploring and travelling the OW should be rewarded and not following some marker and message...

• Like 1