Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Captain Aaron Mograine

cannon knock back.

Recommended Posts

hey again everyone there was a different subject than the previous one I did about the accessorys for the ship...

this topic I wanna suggest about the cannons knock back what's obviously missing in the gameplay because as we know in real live thecannons recoil is massive when its fired that its knock back inside the ship for the next reload.

that is something I'm missing while playing the game as well.

leave a comment here of what you all think of this suggestion:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bevor the Game was EA recoil was in-game but it let the fps drop in a massive way in big scale battles. Feel free to do the math and calculate it for ¬†all broadside guns of 50 santis shooting at the same timeūüėČ

If I remember correctly we might get it back as graphic option for high high end machines.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Bevor the Game was EA recoil was in-game but it let the fps drop in a massive way in big scale battles. Feel free to do the math and calculate it for ¬†all broadside guns of 50 santis shooting at the same timeūüėČ

If I remember correctly we might get it back as graphic option for high high end machines.

I hope we get it back as a opt in. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rediii said:

I hope we get it back as a opt in. :)

 

 

7 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

The engine has changed so it might not be as bad now. Plus there could be an option to switch it on and off

Might even be a good feature if there would be the option to activate full crew + recoil on your own ship and/or on all ships.

But looking at all the screenshot most people play on really low settings so I would rate its on a very low dev prio

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun Shadows, Gun recoil all system heavy. Thing is some people have decent machines to run it all. It should be added as an option. 

Edited by Wind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

hey again everyone there was a different subject than the previous one I did about the accessorys for the ship...

this topic I wanna suggest about the cannons knock back what's obviously missing in the gameplay because as we know in real live thecannons recoil is massive when its fired that its knock back inside the ship for the next reload.

that is something I'm missing while playing the game as well.

leave a comment here of what you all think of this suggestion:)

A lot of the visuals your posting about have been raised time and time again. Use the search function on the forum to find the discussions regarding graphics, ship accessory's and paints etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are pc that moves this game at really high FPS, let them have the visuals they want in.

It can be so hard to make a option to switch on or off that animation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having guns being recoiled as non-optional could allow to remove indication of number of reloaded guns of your enemy - you could have to guess it by gun positions on enemy vessel.

It's a pitty we probably can't have this due to performance issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm sure rolling the guns would be graphically intensive, what about just switching to a different model (gun withdrawn, port closed while reloading) as each gun fires. The change would not be very noticeable in the smoke and flash, and would still be more immersive than the recoilless guns we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

While I'm sure rolling the guns would be graphically intensive, what about just switching to a different model (gun withdrawn, port closed while reloading) as each gun fires. The change would not be very noticeable in the smoke and flash, and would still be more immersive than the recoilless guns we have now.

Just a note: The port lids would not close between reloading otherwise the you would not be able to use the ramrod. They would open at "beat to quarters" and stay that way for the duration of the battle. But you have a point: a re-coiling gun could hardly be as system intensive as each gun's muzzle flash and smoke. Smoke is notoriously resource intensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir William Hargood said:

Just a note: The port lids would not close between reloading otherwise the you would not be able to use the ramrod. They would open at "beat to quarters" and stay that way for the duration of the battle. But you have a point: a re-coiling gun could hardly be as system intensive as each gun's muzzle flash and smoke. Smoke is notoriously resource intensive.

Good point, so that actually means it would be even less graphically intensive because only the cannons would have to change, the hull and ports would stay open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Good point, so that actually means it would be even less graphically intensive because only the cannons would have to change, the hull and ports would stay open.

Yes. I would suggest that the ship's default state be gun-ports open and the guns run out: battle stations as it were. And during battle, therefor only in battle instances, only the guns re-coiling and running out once loaded be added to the animation sequence. Far less intensive than the smoke and cannon ball tracking of each cannon ball in the air. Therefor gun-port lids never change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, z4ys said:

 

Might even be a good feature if there would be the option to activate full crew + recoil on your own ship and/or on all ships.

But looking at all the screenshot most people play on really low settings so I would rate its on a very low dev prio

i got a good computer to run that, since i got a streaming studio/mancave/bedroom no problem to run it on my side give me mah cannon knock back :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...okaaaay... this suggestion is as old as NA :) 

But regarding gamer machine processing power...

Gimme more code that simulates wind variation rather than flashy gizmos.

Gimme  realistic outcomes of rigging during battle and in wind - blocks and lines being cut, masts unsupported from shrouds - than the eye candy sugar that is meaningless in the combat simulation. 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, rediii said:

I hope we get it back as a opt in. :)

 

We wont most likely

a) priorities
b ) cannon recoil consumes fps even if it is off as an option. Not integrated parts of hull use more resources even if they are not animated. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×