Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pit

Morale Regeneration

I think moral is not dynamic enough in battle- this goes back to many new ways it can be Incorporated into the game mechanics. 

The example I want to highlight is from my battle tonight vs Prussians -

BF6D355E756A5729633763D1016C65A13CDB0447

After capping and killing the connie, it had left my morale around 50 in the boarding action. I was then quickly demasted (probably by banished) and boarded by the Pfrig. When in 2nd boarding, my morale was again at 50. I would like to think my men would of had a morale boost after killing a connie....

Maybe its too soon for the Devs to work on morale as another fluid and dynamic factor in battle, but it is something that I would like to see worked on as well.

What do you all think?

• Like 3

Tbh even you killed the coni the demast would have dropped your crew moral below 50 in a drastic way.

4vs1, one enemy out but 3 approching, demasted there is not much hope left.

By the way who would like to surrender instant to a gank fleet when they are in shooting range? That's how real moral would work.

Edited by z4ys

Careful what you wish for.

Do look to all possible outcomes, even the ones you cannot predict.

I did ( and still do ) advocate for morale, but only relating actions, like every shock hits morale ( rather than raising own ).

Plus morale tied to performance - reload times, rigging response, crew availability, etc.

Something that suits all and not only specifics.

I do agree but also agree with @z4ys,  so morale should be dynamic, lose mast, put other ship in crew / reload shock etc.

Yeah thats my point that morale stayed at 50, it didnt move up or down. 

1 minute ago, pit said:

Yeah thats my point that morale stayed at 50, it didnt move up or down. 

Maybe you found a limit ? You know we have plenty of "dark souls" cookies in game.

And Banished calls out other people for ganking...

Also a demast was a crippling blow in those days and would take out a lot of crew.  Doubt your morale would be high. Your guys would be breaking into the spirits locker and stealing a cutter

Edited by Christendom