Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Carlos_Condell

Determined Defender Magic Perk

Recommended Posts

I want to make a judgment regarding determined defend perk
Sincerely for me, and I think for many others palyers in this game, it is honestly bad for the game.
Since its appearance many people have taken refuge in the perk to avoid being boarded even in ships of the same class and same crew, making it almost impossible to board.
has removed from the game an important and fun part which was to navigate in small boats and board a larger crew and define de battle in a face to face combat ... now by magic you cant get on the enemy ship because they have this magic perk and that only breaks when you have 30% difference between crew ... if we add to this that we have a limitation in the chain shots, basically this perk is destroying the boarding, you cant stop a large ship due to its inertia , which is correct, nor a small one but with few chain shots and the amount of sail repairs you can have.
If the answer is demast, try to destroy the masts of a constitution with a 6th class ship.
honestly and for the good of the game I think it should be removed or add something to compensate such as "determined attacker" or instead of being a perk, make it a module, that you have to use in the permanent upgrades or knowledge of the ship, that way many players will not be able to hide and will restore the excitement of avoiding a boarding.

I've seen boats lower sails and sit there quietly without being approached, or some AFK player is now safe because of this perk, for pirates and any player who likes PVP this perk is removing content from the game instead of adding it

Regards
Carlos Condell

 

Boarding.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly it's ruined OW hunting and port battles for me.  Anyone that thinks rage boarding is easy has no idea how to do it.

I would changed determined defender for a 1 time cooldown on "cutting" the line grapples.  First time you try and board them it doesn't work.  60 seconds later if they are still able to be boarded you should be able to pull them.

Easy change.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think this... why i cant board with less crew?  is not fair and take away content.
 

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Frankly it's ruined OW hunting and port battles for me.  Anyone that thinks rage boarding is easy has no idea how to do it.

 

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Christendom said:

Frankly it's ruined OW hunting and port battles for me.  Anyone that thinks rage boarding is easy has no idea how to do it.

I would changed determined defender for a 1 time cooldown on "cutting" the line grapples.  First time you try and board them it doesn't work.  60 seconds later if they are still able to be boarded you should be able to pull them.

Easy change.

i would maybe change it with morale so each ship start with lets say 70 morale depends on the br difference in the start of the battle, if you have determined defender you get 30% more morale, and to be able to board you should have more morale than the opponent. It can increase and decrease by the amount of shocks taken / given, which makes it go up and down through the battle. Everything maybe synced with the amount of ammunitions, and repairs etc left. Maybe even hp of the ship

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hethwill threw this picture out last time there was a discussion.  A brig with boarding netting. 

I would envision this to be a "determined defender"  It'll save the crew once, but not against multiple boarding attempts

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also maybe add that, to board you cant be lower then 20%(for example) morale than the one you want to board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to get people on Nation to work out percentages so I know when I can board them.

That's boring not fun.

It should at least say how many I need when I get the yellow boarding thingy or at least easy to guess, like 10%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure devs are right on this, let them figure it out.

 

Admin has said they know what they want from game, and i trust them 100%.

Edited by Dibbler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I have to get people on Nation to work out percentages so I know when I can board them.

That's boring not fun.

It should at least say how many I need when I get the yellow boarding thingy or at least easy to guess, like 10%.

what about lets say you turn up on the side of the one you want to board you get a certain % of pulling success?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wyy said:

what about lets say you turn up on the side of the one you want to board you get a certain % of pulling success?

 

Everything is fine as it is, the devs know what they are doing :).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, one guy was jumped in the "safe" zone. Only a few minutes after he was boarded because he hasnt DD. His santi boarded by a wasa while others grape him.

 

Is this the gameplay we want?

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Today, one guy was jumped in the "safe" zone. Only a few minutes after he was boarded because he hasnt DD. His santi boarded by a wasa while others grape him.

 

Is this the gameplay we want?

in that logic, a santi should be unboardeable?

Edited by Carlos_Condell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5C955EDBFC143F96D2CFD5AA5EAA50406C239D25

Hummm... I had to give up the fight because he had Determinated Perks... After some hard work against a Frigate...

Good fight, btw...

Edited by Nick the cursed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

in that logic, a santi should be unboardeable?

I see no logic on small ships inmovilizing far bigger ships while others really kill the crew.

I dont see the logic on rageboarding neither on making the worst thing of NA (the boarding minigame, usually a ping and gear check) the new meta.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

it is honestly bad for the game

That is your opinion :) there are others as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christendom said:

it's ruined OW hunting and port battles for me.  Anyone that thinks rage boarding is easy has no idea how to do it.

Many times talk about it with @admin... It's like:

 
369c06fa2b60ab145228dd6a2fbe47658bee4ff0
Edited by Black Mamba
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I see no logic on small ships inmovilizing far bigger ships while others really kill the crew.

I dont see the logic on rageboarding neither on making the worst thing of NA (the boarding minigame, usually a ping and gear check) the new meta.

in a battle 1v1 the guy in a bigger ship make a mistake and get stuck in irons... so the small one can take his chances and go for boarding and voala... determined defender!!!
so yea is ruining the game... the other thing... if u get cought by a smoller ship than you... is your lack in skills to avoid that... sorry but is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

ALL perks and upgrades are magic ;)

double shot and double charge existe in reality too... had a really good carpenter also... but had a "determined defender" that is magic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Today, one guy was jumped in the "safe" zone. Only a few minutes after he was boarded because he hasnt DD. His santi boarded by a wasa while others grape him.

 

Is this the gameplay we want?

it's far better gameplay than the current get out of jail free card that most ships have right now being immune to all things boarding.  Historically a third rate + support ships would be able to take down 1st rate.  Third rates charged right in at trafalgar and were predominantly the main line of battle ship against larger ship engagements.  I see nothing unreasonable about a third rate + help tackling a santi.  What is perhaps more unrealistic is a 1st rate sailing alone.  That never happened.

Determined defender in it's current state is far too cheap of a perk and selecting it makes you sacrifice nothing in terms of what perks you can select.  At the very least it should cost more than 2, maybe 4 or 5.  You should have to give up something to get it and NOT everyone should be able to run it AND have all carpenters and emergency management.  I'll reiterate my thoughts from above.  DD should save you once, give a 60 or 90 second cooldown against regrapple.  If you're incapacitated or unable to get out of that position you should be able to be boarded again.  That seems fair.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

in a battle 1v1 the guy in a bigger ship make a mistake and get stuck in irons... so the small one can take his chances and go for boarding and voala... determined defender!!!
so yea is ruining the game... the other thing... if u get cought by a smoller ship than you... is your lack in skills to avoid that... sorry but is true

Dont assume so much about the skills of others when killing crew with sternraking and grape is so easy.

I cant find any battle where a ship of the size of a shallow water could go sternraking non stop a first rate, kill hundreds of men and then go boarding.

I wonder what is more magic now.

Edited by Intrepido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Dont assume so much about the skills of others when killing crew with sternraking and grape is so easy.

I cant find any battle where a ship of the size of a shallow water could go sternraking non stop a first rate, kill hundreds of men and then go boarding.

I wonder what is more magic now.

are you try to stop a 1st rate with a 6th rate?  with the chain limitation?  or you are one of those dudes who hide behind a perk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

are you try to stop a 1st rate with a 6th rate?  with the chain limitation?  or you are one of those dudes who hide behind a perk?

are you one of those dudes who only play the boarding game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

are you one of those dudes who only play the boarding game?

i dont really... but is good to have the option to board when u have less crew and the freedom to do it... and now u cant and that bothers me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×