Game-Labs Forum

Just now, Teutonic said:

it would also cause more frustration for folks who may be in the same rated ship...but expect reinforcements,

Yes... indeed... he tages the fellow expecting a gank move, suddenly he is in a fair and square 1v1 ? Sounds perfect (muahahahahahah)

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

They can. The perk simply doesn't kick in and the battle is normal.

hmm, fair enough.

I don't hate the idea at all and I know players even now who still play would enjoy 1v1s from time to time, I just don't have the answer for it.

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Nothing. Gets surprised and sucked into a 1v1 with a same rate ship.

Not different from a OW ambush with a bait ship and suddenly getting ganked.

But I understand majority people might avoid attacking each other al'together due to 1v1 ?! dunno...

Endymion and Cerberus are both 5th rates, forcing a cerb to take on the endymion alone would be totally unfair. Two cerbs, even three would still struggle against an endymion. But if the endymion has this perk, they would be forced to attack alone, which I think is the greatest problem with this perk, it would make raiding with a super tricked out ship even easier because people can only 1v1 you to stop you. Teak White Oak 5/5 trincomalee with poods/carronades will slaughter 99% of other 5th rates all day, every day.

I think that a duel room/duel invite would be a much more fair way of doing this without leading to massive exploitation.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree that some situations might arise.

And I do see a Duel Room as cool :) 2 go in, 1 comes out. Kind of "select your gear and put it on the line" from tarkov and if you sink enemy, you can loot him. 

I find it hard to see this attractive as a 10 point perk.  I think it's got some potential but not as a 10 point perk.

You have to give up all other perks you would normally fight with so you are somewhat gimped in non duel situations.

Finding a ship on the OW that is same rate, also duel perked and sailing alone at the time is a lot of "ifs" in a game where we can currently sail nearly a half hour without even seeing another player no matter what ship he is in. For this reason alone I would favor a duel room that finds the opponent for us.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Bach said:

You have to give up all other perks you would normally fight with so you are somewhat gimped in non duel situations.

But we keep being told by the elite that you do not need perks, mods or skillbooks to be a good player and win battles!!!