Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Lovec1990

Screening fleets

Recommended Posts

Greetings,

Id like to suggest a reward for people who screen and keep enemy out of port battle.

30min before port battle starts area around port will become considered area of operations and if you attack clan member that is defending or attacking same port you get reward.

Becouse screeners sometimes prevent enemy from entering port battle.yet they are not rewarded for screening

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While some would say your PvP Marks should be your reward we where talking about this the other night after our screeners did a great job.  We made sure to screen shot the TS to get there names, but would be nice if there was a way to reward them.  Like so many screens for a port you get honorary Lord Protector status with that clan/port.  Maybe a clan that wins a port can have so many MVP votes to hand out to screeners for honorary Lord Protector status of that port after the PB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screening almost doesn't feel like a part of the game, there's not even a nod to screeners feature wise. I like the idea of a zone around contested ports, could be the same as the patrol, you do damage you get rewards. It increases traffic and promotes fights on the OW. You get marks by hanging out and completing objectives outside of a contested port? That's pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is screening so desirable? Maybe anyone would like to add pros and cons.

 

Pros:

  • It let you "win" without fighting the actual battle
  • Other do the job = safes own gear by risking others

Cons:

  • Portbattle fleet gets useless
  • In worst case wasting 25 guys time
  • hit and run battles ( goal is to not let the enemy pb fleet enter)
  • abusing new players as cannon fooder

 

In my opinion the best way would be pb fleet vs pb fleet as screening battles with outcomes that can benefit both sides. Wouldnt that lead to quality fights?

 

 

 

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe all battles in the area ( each port has a circle area around them )regarding the Port under attack should become "Patrol Zone" RoE. Commitment of forces in earnest in screening.

In truth the Grand Fleet would just keep course towards the port and enter battle, shrugging off the frigates "keeping them tagged".

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reward content denial  gogo. make rvr even more useless, empty pb are not enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RKY said:

reward content denial  gogo. make rvr even more useless, empty pb are not enough.

you only see it that way because screening isn't supported in anyway. Devs pretend it doesn't exists and it's treated as a consequence of having an OW. If anything PB's are the silly feature, you get 1 battle to decide the fate of a port as apposed to the many collective battles that happen around the port. We've prioritized raiding the king's quarters over the siege

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

you only see it that way because screening isn't supported in anyway. Devs pretend it doesn't exists and it's treated as a consequence of having an OW. If anything PB's are the silly feature, you get 1 battle to decide the fate of a port as apposed to the many collective battles that happen around the port. We've prioritized raiding the king's quarters over the siege

hostilities are minimum 3 battle which you can join anytime with a massive advantage on the defender side. you have plenty of time to react.

but instead let's keep killing the game and RVR by rewarding those refusing to fight and denying content.

This community really...

If anything port battle fleet should not be taggable within 17k of the port. reward content generators, not useless bot.

-Let's keep personal attacks out of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The purpose of a screen is to protect the battle line, that is exactly what screeners in this game do. From time to time they get lucky, or through diligent reconnaissance detect the enemy's attacking force and engage that, either reducing the number of enemy ships entering the PB or sometimes all of them. They do this, often in inferior ships, knowing they may face high quality players with the best equipment for no reward except the knowledge they have done a good job for their fellow clans and nation.

By all means reward them for their efforts, they contribute as much to the success of a port battle be it in defence or offence as the main battle fleet does, why should they not share in the rewards?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RKY said:

Oh man hey, you are so full of ****! what about you attempt to take a port first. then you'll say there is only one battle.

hostilities are minimum 3 battle which you can join anytime with a massive advantage on the defender side. you have plenty of time to react.

but instead let's keep killing the game and RVR by rewarding those refusing to fight and denying content.

This community really...

If anything port battle fleet should not be taggable within 17k of the port. reward content generators, not useless bot.

yet here you are, on a thread about screening saying rvr is already useless.

RVR has been the same the same since day 1. People are tired of the same thing over and over, it's not enough to warrant having this giant realistic map if we don't expand RVR beyond a lobby battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reward people destroying the content generated by others, way to go! Save you pixels on map rather than have a fun evening.

no wonder it is full on pve only players in this thread, i am not gonna comment on this any further and hope this will actually motivate dev's to create an untaggable port battle fleet group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my point is if screening itself was made to be fun, engaging and a part of the scheme of battle then you wouldn't complain about it being denial of content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

why should they not share in the rewards?

They do. They get a new port to use or defend one that has their belongings. At the same time they might gets some xp, cash and eventually marks.

:)

Oh, and ego ammo, always good for the forums.

😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Greetings,

Id like to suggest a reward for people who screen and keep enemy out of port battle.

30min before port battle starts area around port will become considered area of operations and if you attack clan member that is defending or attacking same port you get reward.

Becouse screeners sometimes prevent enemy from entering port battle.yet they are not rewarded for screening

I've been in many PB's where screeners win the day, it's essential in the British Nation because our elites are so weak they flounce off at the slightest setback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A share of victory marks for the members of screening battle groups would be fine. Now it feels like second class, volunteering for screen. If the rewards were higher, more would volunteer for that task and get more recognition, maybe still not on the same level as PB group, but closer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

They do. They get a new port to use or defend one that has their belongings. At the same time they might gets some xp, cash and eventually marks.

:)

Oh, and ego ammo, always good for the forums.

😎

They do indeed sir, however they rarely get the recognition for their efforts. Perhaps an award of something similar to the Order of the Bath, or the Commander /Knight of the British empire,  Order of the Garter, most of the European nations had some sort of recognition for those who performed their duties well. It does not have to have any affect on gameplay just recognise their efforts for their clan or nation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not a giant secret that the screening battles are usually far more enjoyable than the actual port battle.  Most port battles will have the outcome obvious within the first 15 mins, then one side will pop out to save their precious PB-build ships.   

Shallow ones tend to be a bit better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

A share of victory marks for the members of screening battle groups would be fine. Now it feels like second class, volunteering for screen. If the rewards were higher, more would volunteer for that task and get more recognition, maybe still not on the same level as PB group, but closer.

If reward is so important why not ask to get paid for your screening duty with VM  (when denying enemy fleet to enter the pb or help the attack fleet to reach portbattle)😉 Its kind of our own fault that we do it for free^^

Normal rewards for battles are already in place

I dont see a reason why "griefing" aka delaying the enemy to enter a pb should be rewarded in a massive way. If the battle would actually be fought it would reward itself.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

If reward is so important why not ask to get paid for your screening duty with VM  (when denying enemy fleet to enter the pb or help the attack fleet to reach portbattle)😉 Its kind of our own fault that we do it for free^^

Normal rewards for battles are already in place

I dont see a reason why "griefing" aka delaying the enemy to enter a pb should be rewarded in a massive way. If the battle would actually be fought it would reward itself.

Yet griefing saw  Captain Kennedy of the Rawalpindi awarded the Victoria Cross for his action against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau! A merchant ship with 6" pop guns v 2 11" gun battlecruisers. Such courage and actions go unrewarded every day in our naval action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Yet griefing saw  Captain Kennedy of the Rawalpindi awarded the Victoria Cross for his action against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau! A merchant ship with 6" pop guns v 2 11" gun battlecruisers. Such courage and actions go unrewarded every day in our naval action. 

Ingame replay function could be the solution for personal reputation reward.

But rewards are:

  • keeping the port
  • getting PvP Marks for sunken ships
  • getting XP and Gold
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×