Game-Labs Forum

Battle Joining Circle

seanjo

Question

Where is the best place to join a battle in the circle?

Please feel free to copy the picture and put a dot where the ship should be for different scenario's (if there are any different scenario's) with an explanation.

Obviously the arrow is wind direction.

join circle.jpg

9 answers to this question

Most of the times it depends on the situation inside the battle, when you're not alone only one can join and give you some information where to join.

If the battle just started i would say this:dot.PNG.4e461bdbe63dcea774d9cb931dac439a.PNG

This way you start upwind of the enemy, which gives you an advantage.

Edited by Roronoa
  • Like 1

Join upwind, as close to the X as possible. What you find inside the battle will vary from fight to fight. It depends how long the battle has been going and what direction those inside have sailed to. As a general rule, join upwind and close to the X.

23333333.jpg.94810a9120504beb006dde7ec16a2fde.jpg

Lets assume a friendly square rigger tagged an enemy square rigger the best point to join is downwind. Doing so will deny enemy to run. But that include that friendly square rigger (green) can 1on1 the enemy for some time if red starts to fight

dot.PNG.4e461bdbe63dcea774d9cb931dac439a

Joining at the blue dot is useless in the situation above. Its useless to chase with 2 ships 1 enemy. Better is to cut off the escape.

That vid might help as well:

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Joining at the blue dot is useless in the situation above. Its useless to chase with 2 ships 1 enemy. Better is to cut off the escape.

It will always be the safest point to join from so your better of not confusing people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

It will always be the safest point to join from so your better of not confusing people. 

Sorry I was Ofc assuming it will be a gank and when smart ganking better join downwind to secure the kill. I even gave an example of a specific situation so why I confuse people?

To play safe and be useless upwind is better thats right. In most cases a fight between square riggers evolves downwind. Spawning upwind will put you far away.

Enemy when outnumbered will run away giving no chance to catch him.

When friendly side is outnumbered you can spawn in the fight and making it easier for your team to team up because you don't interrupt battleflow (battle normally evolves downwind). Disadvantage is Ofc you make your own escape difficult but who joins a ongoing battle to run away?

Edited by z4ys

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

I even gave an example of a specific situation so why I confuse people

because anyone that knows how to gank will know where to join. Someone really wondering will get confused. Atleast thats what I think but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

because anyone that knows how to gank will know where to join. Someone really wondering will get confused. Atleast thats what I think but I could be wrong. 

I did ask for different scenario's, I don't think it is that confusing, but it's nice to see you are concerned for us thickos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

I did ask for different scenario's, I don't think it is that confusing, but it's nice to see you are concerned for us thickos.

its not exactly you I mean but people googleing the anwser :) 

• Like 1