Game-Labs Forum
Louis Garneray

game not starting...

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

That's one of the first thing I did after encountering the problem and nothing changed after clearing the NA registry. The screen resolution is still the same also. 1366*768 on that poor laptop.

Please try to change resolution and reply back

I tried to change résolutions to several different, and also to force the resolution for Steam (don't know if this affects the game or the Steam interface only).

No change, I can only go to the player selection screen.

Edited by Eleazar de Damas

5 hours ago, Ink said:

Please try to change resolution and reply back

How do I change the resolution of the game without getting in?

I changed the resolution of the desktop and tried to get in the game. I was able to get in but unfortunately the resolution was so bad that I couldn't access or ready anything.

First screen selection:

20180512234103_1.jpg

and then by doing esc I could get in the setting option but because it was too big I couldn't reach the place where you can select the size option.

04CB2220A48D1101FAE277A3E11804EF0407F200

Edited by Louis Garneray

I removed the last update of windows 10 (now 1709) and then I did one more time a clean up of the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Game-Labs\Naval Action and now it works :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

I removed the last update of windows 10 (now 1709) and then I did one more time a clean up of the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Game-Labs\Naval Action and now it works :D

Problem is it will most likely happen again when windows updates itself again. Your options would be to switch off updates or get windows to miss that update and hope the issue resolves once they do a future update. I believe windows updates are cumulative so even if you skip the problem causing update it will just install what is missing in the next update. I had a similar problem with my keyboard and had to stop updates altogether till I found a workround for the driver issue that was causing the problem.

• Like 1

I never found how to avoid Windows 10 updating. But I may have missed something.

Even with lower screen settings, it didn't work for me. But I did not test very low unplayable setting. 

I am back home tonight. I hope that with the usual home network, it will work again. 

To restore default settings you need to clean NA registry.

For some reasons there are rare cases that prevent Naval Action to launch after Windows update. The workaround is to change resolution of desktop and clean NA registry by this workaround.