Game-Labs Forum

Hello:

I am a reasonably new player, and I have talked to a few people about joining a clan. One of the people I talked to I asked some questons about the game play, one been about port attacks.

I asked why our nation was not trying to take back two ports that had been captured by another nation. the answer I got was very strange. It seems the clan that captured the ports had set the time that they could be attacked right at the same time the server restarts every day. the time they set for the attack was 05:00 to 08:00 and the sever restart is at 06:00, I may be off on those times by an hour one way or the other, however, you can see the point I am making here. Now I am sure this is nothing more then an over sight by the devs, how ever it is in my opinion a use of a glitch in the game by the clan that has captured the ports and set those times they can be attacked, I myself also consider using such a glitch as nothing less then a loser cheat.

however, a simple way to fix this, is to set up the server restart on a 9 day circle. pick 9 different restart times and run a circle of 9 days, or how ever many days you like as long as it is not 7, 14, 21, and so on, that way the restart times will change on the different days of the week.

Now as I said, I am a new player, so maybe the restart time was set up as it is for the loser clans that need a glitch to hold the ports they capture, and yes, I will call those clans losers and a lot more because that is what they are to use a glitch in the game like a cheat. and I hope the devs are smart enough to see this and fix it.

thanks for your time.

Player call sign

Cyberjoe 

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, server reset is actually during the time between 10:00-11:00 (time in game). so a port with a window of 5:00-8:00 is not within that time period and can be attacked or hostility can be gained.

in terms of time, US East Coast a 5:00-8:00 time window in game I think is 1:00 am to 4:00 am EST.

Sever time (and port timers) are UTC (EDT+4, EST+5). AFAIK you cannot set them during the reset time (if you look at the regular PB timer, you'll notice only allows PB's from 1 hour after reset until 2 hours before reset, the buyable timers are chunks within this larger time span).

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

If I recall correctly, server reset is actually during the time between 10:00-11:00 (time in game). so a port with a window of 5:00-8:00 is not within that time period and can be attacked or hostility can be gained.

in terms of time, US East Coast a 5:00-8:00 time window in game I think is 1:00 am to 4:00 am EST.

Yah I know which two ports he's talking about and they are set for 1am to 4:am EST which would put the window the last three hours you can do agro (it gives you an hour grace time before server down time to finish the PB).   I also tell folks that keep saying why do we attack those ports, "Well when your willing to stay up to midnight two nights in a roll we will flip it, but until than stop complaining."   It's not the matter of if we can take them, it's the matter of getting the bodies to stay up two nights in a row at those times.  The thing I think is funny that clan complains about not getting RvR and such and they refuse to put one of those ports in a prime time (to keep from multi flip don't have all your windows at the same time).  The reason they don't get RvR is no one wants to stay up that late.  The other thing is they like to jump into missions when your half done instead of letting the port flip and do the PB.   Which means no RvR if you never let the ports go to a PB.  We found out last night you take to much of a hit for PvP kills, we where at 90% on a port and after the battle which didn't turn out good for us cause we where pretty beat up and some other issues, we where push back to 29%.  So the missions are always going to be on the side of the defender.  That a bit chunk of agro to loose all at once after 2 hours of grinding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I know which two ports he's talking about and they are set for 1am to 4:am EST which would put the window the last three hours you can do agro (it gives you an hour grace time before server down time to finish the PB).   I also tell folks that keep saying why do we attack those ports, "Well when your willing to stay up to midnight two nights in a roll we will flip it, but until than stop complaining."   It's not the matter of if we can take them, it's the matter of getting the bodies to stay up two nights in a row at those times.  The thing I think is funny that clan complains about not getting RvR and such and they refuse to put one of those ports in a prime time (to keep from multi flip don't have all your windows at the same time).  The reason they don't get RvR is no one wants to stay up that late.  The other thing is they like to jump into missions when your half done instead of letting the port flip and do the PB.   Which means no RvR if you never let the ports go to a PB.  We found out last night you take to much of a hit for PvP kills, we where at 90% on a port and after the battle which didn't turn out good for us cause we where pretty beat up and some other issues, we where push back to 29%.  So the missions are always going to be on the side of the defender.  That a bit chunk of agro to loose all at once after 2 hours of grinding.

We have our timers staggered on our ports based on regions. The Navasse Region is 2-5 others are 3-6 and the two ports on the east coast are 5-8. This is done to avoid people from flipping multiple ports against us. So from 2-8 our ports can be attacked. We also have ports without timers and if they are flipped within our prime time we will show up. Like we did with Ays. 

And as stated above the 5-8 timer is not split by Maintenance.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's not the matter of if we can take them, it's the matter of getting the bodies to stay up two nights in a row at those times. 

oh but it is a matter of IF. even IF you could set the pb. perhaps if you hadn't tried to get 3 nations to flip us at the same time we wouldn't have had to set the timers like we have. but such is life now.