Game-Labs Forum

Example,

- yesterday, sailing my pickle, come across a essex. Capture it.

I had to use only the crew i left port with, in the pickle to crew both ships ? Meaning I had to return to port with the prize to fully furnish and crew it ?

Hmmm I like it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

People would end up carrying more Rum to voodoo the dead/numbers back up before leaving the battle instead.

Granted that would mean more Rum at sea so i don't mind that :D 

What I mean is if you leave port with 200 crew..you can only replenish 200 crew in OW. Not cap a Victory and teleport in an extra 800 men

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Do we really need more afk sailing to replenish crew in port ?

Hmmm... fair point.

But recapture becomes a possibility ?

Dunno, most are sunk for marks anyway...

2 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Like the old days where you could lay a blow to a nation by trapping there massed reserves in a port by capture.

Not old day, more like previous tests ;)

And this is true, the way some campaigns were fought to defend such "naval bases" was really intense.

• Like 2

It would make the extra crew mods more desired, Hammocks etc for hunting ships to get that extra 100 or odd crew for crewing the captured ship back into port.

Then Moral etc can come in and have the other crew rebel against you so you end up fighting them :D 

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Like the old days where you could lay a blow to a nation by trapping there massed reserves in a port by capture.

But the issue would become limited ship slots and outpost slots, so you could theoretically end up in a position of being unable to get anymore ships because all slots are used and being unable to open new outposts because closing others would mean losing ships. Could end up being too much for some people. 

I do not understand what the problem is with having a warship in your fleet, in a battle they are practically useless. Unless it is because the increased BR makes it harder for small raiders to tag, in which case make it so that fleet ships do not count for the person who is being tagged BR.

Personally I do not use fleet warships, but I can see the need for them in some situations. Anyway jumping a trader with fleet ships in tow leaving a captured port must give good targets to raiders.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

And honestly, I think the perverted nature of marks is stupid and we should be rewarding players for capping ships not sinking them.  For example... you don't get the marks for sinking them, but instead for sailing them back and turning them over to the admiralty?

Or less marks for sinking and more marks for capturing and delivering to Admiralty. They ought be glad for any contribution to the war effort.

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Capture it back?

I don't mind the OP's suggestion.. it would make hunting beyond the forwarded operating base that much harder, which IMO is a good thing for RvR. But I would propose bringing back press gang then. 

And honestly, I think the perverted nature of marks is stupid and we should be rewarding players for capping ships not sinking them.  For example... you don't get the marks for sinking them, but instead for sailing them back and turning them over to the admiralty?

Since they brought back DD might as well bring back Press Gang.   Though I always thought a better version of it that would be better for the game would be you get 20% of your crew back at the end of a battle.   Not at the end of the board.  Which made it kinda op in chain boarding fights.  

I actually like the concept of getting the marks when you return the ship back to friendly ports.  Give Gold/XP for a battle, maybe keep CM's how they are since it's AI any way and you can get them for PvP too, but have actually PvP marks only rewarded when you return the ship to a friendly port (nation owned not freetown) and turn it into the admiralty.   

• Like 2